Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640113 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T100: Q: "How do gods celebrate?"
« Reply #5970 on: January 21, 2015, 07:55:30 pm »

"Azem, can you loan me about 6E? I'll pay you back 8E in 8 Ticks."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: January 21, 2015, 07:57:33 pm »

"....Let's force a party hat on Amathet. Tykki, I will allow you the honer. Here is some weapon-grade glue and a really pointy party hat."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: January 21, 2015, 08:37:41 pm »

"The Goldfather would be happy loan you essence, Lady Lecta. I'm also supposed to warn you against cheating him. By the way, I have a gift for the Council."

A giant mural of every god who ever inhabited the bubble appears in the Council meta-location.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: January 21, 2015, 09:14:07 pm »

KI'Tork asks his followers to prepare feasts all across the land in celebration.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: January 21, 2015, 09:28:47 pm »

*sighs*

*gets the soda and cups

and also lots of alcohol*

*sighs again*

I nearly forgot to resolve the schism thing. It doesn't really matter too much, but it's both an Eye and an Orb, and I'm not associated with The Eye constellation as far as I know.
Also, Ophanim, time to mobilize. Cherubim made armor and hopefully some Seppo-made weapons if we have them, or weapons made by who we can get/what weapons we have, otherwise. Enchanted, blessings, with Seraphim mage accompaniment, and Sentinel support/supporting the Sentinels, fighting defensively when possible but aiming to retake as much of the Havens as possible, and using the Obelisks to their fullest extent, and then we can concentrate on keeping them out.
Templars! You are my special forces, for the moment. Which means you guys will be taking key objectives, disrupting enemy lines, guarding the super-important things likely to be attacked, etc. Increasing recruitment may be an excellent idea.

Oh, and make Chocobos magical now. Start the Chocobo Knights; develop a bond with their Chocobo(part of the Chocobo magic, woo yeah) that helps drive them both to greater deeds. Oh, and gives their rider some magic, nothing huge, mostly healing, protection, buffs (particularly speed; dat charge tho) and of course some Chocobos can use the soon-to-be infamous Chocobo Meteor.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:12:23 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: January 21, 2015, 10:14:53 pm »

"The Goldfather would be happy loan you essence, Lady Lecta. I'm also supposed to warn you against cheating him."
"Excellent, I just have to get my affairs in order ((sort Essence-usage with GM)) first. Normally I would be insulted at the idea that I - the one who standardised death by oath-breaking - would break an oath, but considering the behaviour of a few other gods....it's understandable." ((I won't take the loan just yet.))

"By the way, I have a gift for the Council."

A giant mural of every god who ever inhabited the bubble appears in the Council meta-location.
"The detail and quality of the artwork is very impressive, but the feel of the gods seems a bit...odd, somehow. Like I'm looking at something more intense than reality and then slightly shifted...... Yes, I see what's going on. The picture captures the various gods and goddesses in one moment in time, creating the appearance of intensity by its solidarity. Its shiftiness comes from its lack of shiftiness, ironically. The deities are massive forces of change and having us "sit still" like this causes a strange effect to those who actually know the nature of the gods. Of course, the effect is only present when the actual image quality is as high as it is, and the personalities of the gods - from whatever time their personalities were captured - are captured well. It is an excellent piece and I don't believe there's anything quite like it."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:18:01 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: January 21, 2015, 10:28:26 pm »

Oh, and make Chocobos magical now. Start the Chocobo Knights; develop a bond with their Chocobo(part of the Chocobo magic, woo yeah) that helps drive them both to greater deeds. Oh, and gives their rider some magic, nothing huge, mostly healing, protection, buffs (particularly speed; dat charge tho) and of course some Chocobos can use the soon-to-be infamous Chocobo Meteor.

"Are you sure that is a good idea? I heard one of your captains burned himself out while fighting on Chocobo back. What was his name again? Extra? Esera? Ersatz?"

"The detail and quality of the artwork is very impressive, but the feel of the gods seems a bit...odd, somehow. Like I'm looking at something more intense than reality and then slightly shifted...... Yes, I see what's going on. The picture captures the various gods and goddesses in one moment in time, creating the appearance of intensity by its solidarity. Its shiftiness comes from its lack of shiftiness, ironically. The deities are massive forces of change and having us "sit still" like this causes a strange effect to those who actually know the nature of the gods. Of course, the effect is only present when the actual image quality is as high as it is, and the personalities of the gods - from whatever time their personalities were captured - are captured well. It is an excellent piece and I don't believe there's anything quite like it."

::)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: January 21, 2015, 10:31:31 pm »

((Made Chocobos a while ago, KJP approved them at that time, along with the magic, though the magic costs Essence to have, so, uh, yeah, not Ersatz

also why you gotta be mean about Malakath trying to provide some fluff?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: January 21, 2015, 10:41:14 pm »

((Made Chocobos a while ago, KJP approved them at that time, along with the magic, though the magic costs Essence to have, so, uh, yeah, not Ersatz

also why you gotta be mean about Malakath trying to provide some fluff?))

((That doesn't sound very in-character to me :-\. Besides, just because KJP approved it does not mean I cannot be snarky, especially when you are adding an ability making it even more of a stolen idea. It isn't even a prominent idea, like a vampire or werewolf, but something from a very specific franchise. Who you are use the same abilities of (that meteor), same fighting concept of (the Knights), and probably the same fluff (Never played the games), it simply feels lazy.

Aside from that, Fusil reserves the right to roll his eyes about Malakath's little art criticism. What did you expect him to do, exactly?)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: January 21, 2015, 11:11:56 pm »

((I wanted something like horses, I didn't want actual horses, dragonriders seemed a bit much to me though I definitely thought about them, and Chocobos are only a little different from what we now know velociraptors looked like. So yeah, sure, it's lazy, but I had already made them and prefer to save my creativeness for things that actually matter, because chances are these guys will be forgotten about half the time. It's really just a matter of whether their steed is a large single colored ostrich with magic and a full coat of feathers, or a horse or rhino or whatever.))

((Actually, rhinos suit this so much better. And don't cost essence beyond domestication. Let's go with that, instead.))

Darruthian Knights. A group of individuals and teams, united by their common belief in the cause of Darruth, the protection of the innocent, and/or the ideals of chivalry(minus chauvinism). All mounted on rather fantastic steeds. The specific steed depends on the rider, but for the moment, with few other options available, the primary steed will be the Shield-Skull Rhinocerous, which looks slightly like a Triceratops. Only slightly. Eventually there will also be Irondrake mounts, Crag Rider mounts, and the Black-Plume Raptor. Unless making and domesticating all of these at once would only cost 2-3 Essence or so. In which case do so and we have some variety to show off as well.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:19:13 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: January 22, 2015, 12:56:10 am »

Cim gives every god a few glowsticks and starts playing very complex and fast, but clear-patterned music on a suddenly materialized synth, trying to convey the very idea of controlled entropy.

((I was going to give a link, but I realized how terrible my tastes are, so feel free to play whatever music you have.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: January 22, 2015, 01:08:56 am »

Amathet bows his head.

"You flatter me lady Lecta."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: January 22, 2015, 01:42:37 pm »

80.05.2.2: A total of 3 gods must support a proposal to allow the possibility of passing based on votes (2-0) [DEATH T101]
Support
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #5983 on: January 22, 2015, 02:01:25 pm »

Don't worry! I'm alive!
Though I have reason to believe Cim isn't! :P

I create 300 time slimes, 100 each on Keshan and Slytha and 100 on the ice planet.
Spoiler: Time Slimes (click to show/hide)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: January 22, 2015, 02:04:41 pm »

*Puts on a party-hat shaped tower*

Let none say that you can't keep your theme when wearing a party hat.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 475