Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 641415 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #465 on: October 19, 2014, 02:52:20 pm »

Azem seeks out the dragon Alprozem.

(The Real Piece of Eight shall be on World A. I flipped a coin for it.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #466 on: October 19, 2014, 02:57:57 pm »

(Local featurelist updated.)

Azem: Alprozem is at the outskirts of a village with the divine bag of shinies. He is currently having his scales cleaned and polished by a team of well-paid Mountwyrms.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 19, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »

Azem appears in front of Alprozem.

"I have a task for you."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #468 on: October 19, 2014, 03:04:28 pm »

Alprozem: "Yes, Lord?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 19, 2014, 03:05:05 pm »

(Is that caravan still going? It could be a good opportunity to introduce weapons to the world more naturally. All of the following only happens if it is allowed and would cost 0 essence to do so. Otherwise, the events go on only inside Fusil's head as he makes a plan.)

I look down at the traveling caravan, representing several of the gods interest. Trade brings people together and spread ideas, no doubt weapons should be inspired along this trip. Adding arms to this caravan would be perfect.

Looking around their path, I find a massive bear, at least twice the size of the traders, powerful enough to even provide a threat to the strongest among them. Subtly, I direct this beast to the path ahead of them. As the caravan approaches, the bear goes to its full high, looking even larger under my influence, appearing to dwarf even the trees around it. It gives off a roar as it goes on all fours, charging the hopefully frightened traders. However, before it even makes half the distance, a nearby tree snaps under my influence and falls directly into his path, tip first. Again under my influence, the massive momentum of the beast drives the tree strieght through his heart like a spear, leaving him stuck against it. I make his massive teeth and claws shine in the light, an incentive to take them from the corpse. If all goes well, this should show them the danger of the road, and show them how to effectively defend themselves. It should also give them claws and teeth of the mighty bear to form some form of weapon with, hopefully trading some at the next destination.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 19, 2014, 03:07:49 pm »

I have recently exhausted much of my energy to bring forth the Devourer to lead you, but in time I shall give you all the ability to eat larger quantities and more diverse types of food. For now though, take this as a reward for your service.

Grauel increases the hunger in those two who want it and allows the Fifth Priest to digest more types of food. He then slides back over to the empty offering bowl and leaves some of his saliva behind.

Turning to the Sixth Priest.
I do not enjoy consuming those who serve me loyally. There are far better ways for one as devoted as yourself to feed me than being made into stew.

And you.
Grauel turns to the Third priest.
If you want that kind of power, you must do far more to earn it. Let me show all my truth.
Grauel gives an internal revelation to all the priests talking. He shows them the potential of the Gruen and how if they eat enough they can gain considerably more power and longevity.

Continue to serve. Help the Devourer to bring about a New Age for the Gruen. Increase your numbers and find more food to sate both my hunger and your own.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 19, 2014, 03:18:50 pm »

"I desire a grand temple to be built in my name. I shall leave the specifics to you. I also have a gift for you."

Azem attunes Alprozem to Divine magic with suitable theatrics.

"Simply believe in me, and you will be able to preform miracles. Oh, and, let the Gruen have their own altar or something if they so desire."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #472 on: October 19, 2014, 03:24:51 pm »

(Fusil: -0 Essence (Butterfly Method))

Fusil: The caravan watches the bear and the merchants begin discussing how expensive bear-crafts and bear-meat could be. They take out knives and begin to skin the bear, cut its meat, take its teeth for further crafting, and remove the larger bones for carving. Little remains of the bear after they are done. While they are quite safe, their defensiveness against unwelcome intruders increases. Later, they will learn that war is good for business and that those too fearful to trade during a war miss out on an opportunity to sell goods at inflated prices (caused in part by said fearful traders themselves).

(Grauel: -0 Essence (Belief))
Grauel: The priests are taken by a fey mood!

They begin planning for an Experiment Feast* in which the most ravenous of the Gruen will elect to eat only a certain kind of food for a month and see the results. They immediately begin discussing things to bring to the Feast. Among the things they list are bog iron chunks, leaves, rocks, dirt, bone, eggs, metal lumps, slightly sharpened metal, the flesh of traders, the grassland grass, the grassland shrubbery, regular moss, and various mushrooms.

Azem: "Thank you Lord! This will surely help me finally get a mate I mean spread your worship! I will make sure your temple is made of shininess itself! And I guess the Gruen can have an altar in it as long as they don't eat my scale cleaners."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 19, 2014, 03:40:58 pm »

Azem chuckles.

"I leave you to your duties." He says, before vanishing, but still keeping an eye on the dragon.

Azem creates a second blessed Piece of Eight and makes it fall from the sky in the vicinity of the mountains on world B. He also attunes all his creations to Celestial magic.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:38:06 pm by Vgray »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 19, 2014, 04:54:28 pm »

Khaziraad apears among golems in a form of a small (by castle standarts, so 5m) walking castle/humanoid.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #475 on: October 19, 2014, 05:13:54 pm »

(Azem: -4 Essence)

Azem: You create a second blessed Piece of Eight and send it to some mountains on world B, where it is found by a gem dragon. You also attune all your creations to Celestial magic. The gem dragon sets up a shrine to the Piece of Eight in her lair, and hires some guards for her hoard and some wanderers to spread the news of Azem's manifestation.

Khaziraad: You appear to the golems as a large, castle-themed figure. They recognize you instantly and show off their latest creations to you. Among the creations they show are a set of exceptionally detailed dolls, finely crafted drums, masterfully shaped flutes, clay polyhedra, and obsidian blades. An important-looking ceramic golem reports on the many uses for the Well, which has more than doubled the rate of golem production.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #476 on: October 19, 2014, 05:19:13 pm »

Teach the Ritan how plants need energy to grow, and most plants use energy from objects high above the planet. Then create fruit trees that can live underwater and gain energy from deep underground.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #477 on: October 19, 2014, 05:25:47 pm »

Serac: You teach the Ritan that plants need an inaudible, odorless, tasteless, pulseless source of energy to grow and that it is unavailable below the surface. They are amazed by the existence of the energy and the massive object that produces so much of it and wish they had some way of hearing or smelling it.

(Serac: -1 Essence)

You create fruit trees capable of surviving deep on the ocean floor that survive solely on energy sources from below the ground. They are also particularly well-adapted to hydrothermal vents, of which there are some on the outskirts of many of their villages.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #478 on: October 19, 2014, 05:39:30 pm »

As you believe so well, I will grant you the power to find it.
Provide them the ability to "see" energy being emitted from objects.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 19, 2014, 05:46:12 pm »

Lets see how the Muses are doing, scattered. Have they started creating new shrines to Artisanii?

Appear to the most devoted in a vision, as well.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 475