Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 641912 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #360 on: October 18, 2014, 12:02:56 am »

"I highly doubt that any code of conduct would prevent a god from acting within his domain, and if you think that teaching people to gamble isn't within the domain of a god of randomness, you are quite deluded." Anath informs the divinity of annoying order before glancing at the other god. "If you want me to look around at the sky, I see no reason not to, but I'd think that, none of you being blind idiots, if I'd created a constellation of eldrich whateverness in the skies one of you would have noticed it..."

"As I understand, eldrich whateverness is a form of magic like all others. Therefore, isn't it only logical there is a sign associated with it? Yes, please search the sky, my brother. Certainly, your domain should be the best at finding whatever hides in the darkness. I and the world will be grateful if we can learn something about it, at least."
You accuse him of creating things in the sky, and then ask him to search the sky for you? I do not follow your logic...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 18, 2014, 12:11:21 am »

You accuse him of creating things in the sky, and then ask him to search the sky for you? I do not follow your logic...

"I realized soon after that I accused him out of pure paranoia. I can trust him to at least make an attempt as searching the sky, even if he is lying I lose nothing for it. I know for a fact that both you, God of Oceans, and the God of Randomness have consorted with the voices. That is why you have the spike, and why your people have been mutated, is it not? Certainly, adding the facts of my earlier accusation, the fact it is only your people who have felt the effects of the eldrich forces is evidence."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 18, 2014, 12:16:30 am »

(Where did it say the ocean god's creations were mutated. Totally missed that.)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #363 on: October 18, 2014, 12:19:30 am »

I am the only one to have had a mysterious being arrive and question my worshipers, and the only one to have creations mutated that we know of. Coincidence? I think not.
I have already fixed them, and set up protection against further intrusions into my worshiper's villages.

((Four essence cost))

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #364 on: October 18, 2014, 12:20:39 am »

Well, the eldritch power causes mutations. I have warded my village to prevent future events, but it is not harmless. At least not in large quantities.
((Right here it is implied))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 18, 2014, 12:23:27 am »

(Where did it say the ocean god's creations were mutated. Totally missed that.)

(The Ocean God said it himself. Presumably, it was told to him in secret.)

"Maybe the being arrived because you had already made the deal? Besides that, you stated the being gave you energy did you not? The energy you accepted could very well have mutated your men. If such a being really exists. I have great doubts about that. I still have reason to believe you had made a deal with these forces."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #366 on: October 18, 2014, 12:29:27 am »

If I had made a deal with it, wouldn't it have talked to me instead of questioning my followers about something none of us understand?

And yes, it did arrive. Presumably it was a god of some kind.
Why would me taking leftover power mutate my creatures? It is not like they are constantly feeding off of me.

((PM messages about it eventually told me it was a god, but no more then that could be found out. I'm still curious, but I don't know how to find out more.))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #367 on: October 18, 2014, 12:29:50 am »

Azem floats into the middle of the bazaar.
The trading intensifies and gradually subsides as goods on both sides are depleted. Some Gruen outcasts (outcast because of their higher satiation) agree to join the Mountwyrm trading mission as they return to their home villages for supplies.

Anath too turns his hands to creating livestock, creating giant peaceful lizards that live beneath the surface of the earth, feasting on fungus, moss, and carrion, to serve both as mounts and food sources for his elven followers. These Cave Noxen will be quite useful for any species that lived within the earth.

But deeper beneath the earth Anath crafts another species, the Burrowers Beneath. These great centipede-worms are vast in length, and feast upon rock and soil, carving out tunnels beneath the earth. As the ages go past, and they dig their way through the earth, the tunnels they leave behind will be populated by other creatures... (Anath will also give the Burrowers Beneath one essence's worth of resistance to magic.)

Anath then glances out at the others. "Are we really claiming that the god of randomness could not have something random happen to him? That none of our creations have found chaos to be a factor in their life? Though I am surprised he hasn't taught the Mountwyrms how to gamble yet."
(Anath: -2 Essence)

Anath creates Cave Noxen, a peaceful reptilian denizen of the Shadowdeep*. They function as excellent mounts and food sources for anyone able to find them, and their hides and bones make fine buildings.

(Anath: -3 Essence)

Anath also creates the Burrowers Beneath, a rarely seen centipedal species dwelling far beneath where small humanoids can dig. They know no light and single-mindedly tunnel through the world. In later, more modern ages, they will be studied for details on the formation of the world.

*Still not canon unless

(So much dramatic irony! :o)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:31:35 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 18, 2014, 12:40:53 am »

If you really need to know, let just say I made a few bet with the mortal and won big time. It's private matter actually so i could not give you the detail. If you think that is wrong then go educate all the mortal to stop making bet with unknown entity and then lose and and get enslaved. Not my problem.

Varee just smirk as he finish talking.

((Also Gm you miss my creation of an incarntation.))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2014, 12:45:31 am »

(Maybe I should make my secondary sphere paranoia :D. Is godly paranoia worth essence gain?)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 18, 2014, 12:47:30 am »

Azem checks to see how the gem dragons are doing.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 18, 2014, 12:48:01 am »

(If you are god of paranoid then i would be god of annoyance, would annoying other god give me essence that way :P )
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #372 on: October 18, 2014, 12:49:36 am »

(Godly paranoia/annoyance: Not as such, no. The main thing is that even though gods fighting each other with Essence derived from fighting each other in IC would be hilarious, it would also be disruptive and discourage them from doing creative and interesting things.)

Azem: The gem dragons are mostly sleeping, and all but one are in their lairs. The one who is outside a lair is currently searching for a Mountwyrm settlement to patronize (in whatever sense of the word you prefer).

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 18, 2014, 12:52:52 am »

(I thought Cim was the god of annoyance? :P)

Azem reveals himself to the wandering gem dragon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 18, 2014, 01:00:55 am »

(If you are god of paranoid then i would be god of annoyance, would annoying other god give me essence that way :P )
(Wouldn't you be the god of gambling?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 475