Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 622463 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 18: Battle buying BETA
« Reply #1305 on: October 29, 2014, 05:24:49 am »

Calm down fellow gods, we shouldn't let tiny problem in the mortal world create such anger and hatred, if the mortal prove to be too much of a problem we can always get rid of them and the start new.
"Imma veto this. That would require killing hundreds of thousands of humans. I'm kinda sorta against that." :/

I propose that we populate the world with numerous gigantic carnivorous plants, underground vegetations, giant mythical beasts that roam the land and maybe a bronze colossuses or three. Or just mythical creatures of gigantic proportion. So the mortal can forge some interesting legends.
"I'm interested in this idea but there should also be some good creatures that help mortals as well. Unless we have those kinds to counteract the bad kinds I Oppose this proposal."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: October 29, 2014, 05:36:21 am »

I propose that we populate the world with numerous gigantic carnivorous plants, underground vegetations, giant mythical beasts that roam the land and maybe a bronze colossuses or three. Or just mythical creatures of gigantic proportion. So the mortal can forge some interesting legends.
I agree with this

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: October 29, 2014, 05:42:22 am »

"Bland? What's bland about an island of death and great riches? Well, mostly death."

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: October 29, 2014, 05:43:59 am »

"To be honest, we need paintings and works that aren't what they ate for dinner this week or the controversy around the Humans. I support this."
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: October 29, 2014, 05:51:34 am »

"Speaking of controversy, I wonder how my plans to create celebrities is going."

Check to see how Project: Celebrity is doing. If the GM has forgotten, Project: Celebrity involves taking away normal human physical restraints from the devoted (so long as the increased devotion gives more Essence than it takes to give the blessing). This is primarily so that athletes such as ball-players, wrestlers, etc. will need to show as much devotion as possible to stay on top of the competition and thus inspire their fans to do the same. If they can sell overpriced shoes and cancer-inducing sugar water they can probably sell religion too!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:18:08 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: October 29, 2014, 06:10:31 am »

"Introducing great beasts would have many effects on a great variety of things, but I don't have a preference. Abstain."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: October 29, 2014, 06:45:02 am »

"Ah yes, let the athletes, the philosophers, the magicians, the thinkers, the painters and the poets each attend an event every seventh year. This event should test all said skills, and the winner of each shall be praised and glorified for all eternity."

Create an underground species of glowing mushrooms. They are unable to move as they are stationary, but they can hear VERY well, and through their chemical senses and such they communicate. Their purpose is to gather all information they can get. This knowledge they find is saved in the hive consciousness. The most important bits of knowledge are saved not only by the hive, but also one of the mushroom castes creates gems storing this information by magic and chemistry.

The Castes of the Luuvan
Communicators: Rare and only produced in places with frequent travellers coming by, they are usually produced to warn or to trick people of oncoming dangers, they are usually surrounded by many Sense-Based Luuvan

Knowledge Keeper: For every 150 Luuvan there is at least one Keeper. They gather the information and create Knowledge Gems

Spore Belcher: The biggest in size of all the castes, their purpose is to create spores and spit them anywhere. Usually placed at crossroads in cave systems, so they can spread their spores in all directions.

Eye Stalker: Common caste, exists to see
Ear Wall: Common caste which spreads on walls, exists to hear
Feeler: Very small in size, yet numerous, they spread over floors and send the signals of movement through the mushroom network hive mind
Chemistry: Rare Sensory mushrooms with heightened chemical sense, there to smell fires coming or chemical inbalances in the air.
Defending Stalks: There is three different subcastes to this caste, these mushrooms exist to defend the hive. One of the subcastes shoots hardened spikes, the second caste sprays a terribly smelling miasma, while the third, least common, caste shoots with acid.

Each hive is dedicated to gathering knowledge, and will expand towards the most likely source of interesting information. So a city canalisation seems like one good place to settle.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: October 29, 2014, 12:32:13 pm »

"I do believe that armu have yet to meet gremlins, Fusil. A pity, for I doubt that any are better at creating siege engines than gremlin mechanics."

Support
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: October 29, 2014, 03:36:42 pm »

Carnivorous plants... how original.

Dah, ain't that the cutest? Sounds like something my daughter would do, if I had one. Taking pity on her, I find a little Armu girl and take her to the kid. Before they meet, the Armu uses her powers to transform herself into the shape a pony, keeping her tentacle near her mouth. Now she has a pony with a tentacle mouth that can talk, warp reality, and fight a war as a friend!

What's with everyone turning sentient races into pets for the humans?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: October 29, 2014, 03:45:17 pm »

Inspiring the Dwarven king to dig deeper was pointless - he was going to do so anyway. Inspiring him too greatly led his subjects to prevent any such digging to be conducted, so that route is blocked. But what about the ones who dig themselves? Yaos inspires a small group of miners to secretly dig tunnels deeper. When they eventually uncover riches, it will convince the other denizens of the fortress to allow proper mining of the deeper earth. If the miners are discovered, they can simply get pardoned by the king, whose desire to dig deeper has not subsided. The secret miners will then continue with their work.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: October 29, 2014, 03:57:07 pm »

"Who, besides Fusil was turning sentients into pets for humans?"
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: October 29, 2014, 04:09:44 pm »

The Lycae had a pet and war animal variant made of them for humans as well if I recall correctly.
Sure thing peanut man!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: October 29, 2014, 04:11:59 pm »

"Sounds less like a transformation and more like a new species, as simmilar as they physiologicly are. Could be not connected in the slightest."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: October 29, 2014, 04:16:19 pm »

(on phone so no special fx)

old male form!

"Actually, the Lycae, the wargs, and the dogs are all variants of regular wolves. The dogs were made before the Lycae even existed."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 29, 2014, 04:20:00 pm »

Still, if I made a pet in almost your identical image, wouldn't it be the slightest bit... Well, guess it's none of my business. Just seems somewhat devaluing I suppose. Like how it would be odd if I made an unintelligent very human looking creature and started having them serve as pets to the Gruen. Don't mind me, just thinking out loud.

Oh, were Lycae made before dogs? Huh, still odd thinking about it.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 475