Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brewing refuses to happen  (Read 476 times)

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Brewing refuses to happen
« on: July 18, 2007, 09:49:00 am »

After starting my farming and having gathered some brewable strawberries, I put up a still and enabled brewing on two dwarves. From z and kitchen I have plump helmets and strawberries at blue for brewing, red for cooking (hoping blue means yes and red no). The brewers lay around without a job, so I add a task to the still to brew drink.

What happens is that one of the brewers (unskilled) goes "Brew Drink," then picks up a plump helmet from the food plot and drags it to the still. The task to brew vanishes from the work list of the still and the dwarf walks away, jobless. Another dwarf picks up the plump helmet from the still and drops it back to the food plot. I'm not seeing any messages for suspending work or anything. Sometimes the plump helmet is just dropped and nothing further happens. Looking with t shows the still floor has 10 plump helmets lying around.

What gives?

Edit: Hmm, it's certainly possible all my shiny barrels are used for something completely unnecessary... >_>;

[ July 18, 2007: Message edited by: huhu ]

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brewing refuses to happen
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:51:00 am »

They also need empty barrels.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 11:16:00 am »

If you set your message settings to "some", you'll get the important messages. "Cancel Brew Drink: No Barrel" would be one of them.  ;)
I am on a hot streak... literally.

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »

Thanks. I managed to fix the problem by setting aside some barrels from the stockpile menu...