Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a 40.13 compliant all-races playable mod?  (Read 1286 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there a 40.13 compliant all-races playable mod?
« on: October 10, 2014, 12:26:16 pm »

Actually, the title pretty much sums it up.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a 40.13 compliant all-races playable mod?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:56:53 pm »

Step-by-step instructions:
1. Go into the entity_default.txt file (located within Dwarf Fortress/RAW/objects)
2. Find each entry of [ENTITY:XXX] (Such as ENTITY:MOUNTAIN, ENTITY:FOREST, &c. Each of these is one of the civilizations.)
3. Add the tag [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to each one that you want to be able to play (ENTITY:MOUNTAIN already has this, as it is dwarves.)

For reference:
FOREST is elves
PLAINS is humans
EVIL is goblins
SKULKING is kobolds
(SUBTERRANEAN_ANIMAL_PEOPLES is exactly what it sounds like, but may not function quite right)

And badabing-badaboom, that's a modded file that will let you play each race in fortress mode.
If you want to play gobbos and kobolds in adventure mode, just add [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] to their entity files.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 04:37:42 pm »

Step-by-step instructions:
1. Go into the entity_default.txt file (located within Dwarf Fortress/RAW/objects)
2. Find each entry of [ENTITY:XXX] (Such as ENTITY:MOUNTAIN, ENTITY:FOREST, &c. Each of these is one of the civilizations.)
3. Add the tag [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to each one that you want to be able to play (ENTITY:MOUNTAIN already has this, as it is dwarves.)

Certainly that will give them the ability to be embarked with, but I was also wondering if anyone has given each race a specific "flavour" of reactions, food/drink processing, farming (or not), furnaces (or not), ect... so that each race is able to produce a self-sustaining embark as well as be embarked with.

However, I appreciate the reply nonetheless.  I guess I'm just greedy.

For reference:
FOREST is elves
PLAINS is humans
EVIL is goblins
SKULKING is kobolds
(SUBTERRANEAN_ANIMAL_PEOPLES is exactly what it sounds like, but may not function quite right)

And badabing-badaboom, that's a modded file that will let you play each race in fortress mode.
If you want to play gobbos and kobolds in adventure mode, just add [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] to their entity files.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 07:55:13 pm »

It's worth mentioning that you'll need to fill in certain missing noble positions if you want any race to be anything near playable. Most notably: chief medical X, militia commander, expedition leader, manager, and bookkeeper. In additions, most races don't have a huge variety of allowed professions; I think elves have like 6? Plus, missing weapons and such.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.