Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)  (Read 50175 times)

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 11 (Send in your Pretenders)
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 08:59:42 am »

I'm audibling to MA Vanheim. Will be experimenting with Pretenders after work and should have one submitted tonight.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2014, 09:40:57 pm »

So we've currently got:
Marignon
Agartha
Shinuyama
Eriu
Ulm
Pangaea
Ashdod
Bandar Log
Jotunheim
Vanheim

That leaves us missing... USEC_OFFICER with whatever land-based nation he's got going on.

Edit: While I get that he was probably busy getting his 410 nation set-up, I'm still somewhat miffed that USEC didn't even deign to pop into this thread to mention what nation he was going to go with before logging off; given how active he was in the other thread.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:19:54 pm by AlStar »

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 11 (USEC_OFFICER: Send in your Pretender)
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2014, 01:25:22 am »

That leaves us missing... USEC_OFFICER with whatever land-based nation he's got going on.

Edit: While I get that he was probably busy getting his 410 nation set-up, I'm still somewhat miffed that USEC didn't even deign to pop into this thread to mention what nation he was going to go with before logging off; given how active he was in the other thread.

This is the same guy that joined and then had to be subbed for very soon after the start of the 4.07 game. I'm not sure if he should be taken seriously.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2014, 01:48:05 am »

Guys, seriously, can't you calm down ?

If you read the 4.10 thread, you would know that USEC_OFFICER spent his time writing fluff for his custom faction there, and he also is in the 4.08 game, in a position where he has many armies while not being the leader (so his turn takes time to plan).

If 2 days are too logn for you to start a game, you should seriously think about not playing.

but no, let's bash other members, it's so much funnier.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2014, 05:58:43 am »

If having a wait of a couple of days is too long, there are plenty of blitzes (one-off games through network usually) available elsewhere. I would also recommend against bashing USEC_OFFICER or anyone else for a reason like this -- let's not create a culture of toxic nonsense.

Having said that, I am often a source of delays myself. :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:01:51 am by lijacote »
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 06:11:35 am »

we are playing a PBEM-Game...so waiting is a bit of gameplay ;)

but I understand that you can be hot and excited to begin a game because you want to play/challenge/test (your skills)...I only hope he hasn't overwhelmed himself with the games...so that it will be work and not fun anymore.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 07:49:06 am »

The reason being that I don't know what nation I was going to play. Pythium and T'ien Ch'i are both solid choices, with excellent communion potential and tough troops and I was experimenting with both to see which one I liked better. Yeah, I know I should have said something earlier, but confirming that I haven't decided my nation yet would be rather silly. The fact that I've been busy with other games, university work and Thanksgiving doesn't help matters either.

Though with that being said, I think I'm going to drop out of the game instead. As petty as it sounds and I know it sounds really petty, you don't have to point that out Toady Two sniping me over dropping 4.07 due to unforeseen personal problems has just killed all enthusiasm I had for this game. I'm sure that he's a nice guy, but if he is going to act like that the entire game I'm not going to enjoy myself so what's the point of playing?

Anyways, I'd apologize for holding everything up, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been 12 hours since the tenth player submitted their pretender and organizing an entire game in 4 days is unusually fast anyways. So instead I'm going to apologize for creating pointless drama instead and annoying everybody. Sorry everyone.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2014, 09:58:28 am »

Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2014, 10:33:21 am »

@USEC_OFFICER

I don't think it's anything to apologize for nor something you should take too personally.

Dominions games are known for taking a long time to start as has been pointed out, so it's really probably just a matter of some participants getting preemptively defensive in a game where it is not uncommon for PBEM rounds to disintegrate part way through from lack of participation. That same issue of games falling apart is probably what instigated the post regarding your drop out but I think it was more of a comment formed out of fear for the game's future and lack of understanding your situation than any personal attack.

Anyway, while I admit I'm not great with words, all I'm saying is that while I respect your decision to quit, I think you should consider whether a hasty probably unintentionally hurtful comment like that is really worth dropping out of something that you could enjoy.

Regardless of your decision; best of luck in your other games and hope to see you in another round soon!
Most of us understand that dominion rounds are a huge commitment and it's not always possible to see them through to the end. No shame in dropping out early from life's many unforeseen circumstances. It's happened to plenty of us. Life is just one of those things that has a tendency to throw curve balls. Sometimes painful ones :-\.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kavenor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »

Is spot #11 available? If so i'd send in a pretender for Sceleria.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2014, 12:58:06 pm »

... escaped lunatic's first post, yay.

Did you at least receive a confirmation from the game's admin before sending that ? -_-
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:08:13 pm by tompliss »

Kavenor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2014, 02:16:17 pm »

No I wasn't aware games started instantly once full, I just thought i'd send it anyway and play if it was fine.

Oopsies!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2014, 03:55:50 pm »

Eheh. Well, that slot was going to have to be filled somehow. Just as well that someone came along. Welcome!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2014, 04:33:38 pm »

So I just found out that I sent the wrong (pretender) file in (when I loaded the first turn and my disciple from 404 was sitting in my capital). Kinda surprised the server didn't reject it for being a disciple... It's my fault for sending in the wrong file and not checking the dates, I suppose, (I sent mid_agartha_1.2h; the game saved my new pretender as mid_agartha_0.2h) but the whole process could be made less easy to screw up at several places (the files don't include the pretender name, the server doesn't say what pretender it received, the game page doesn't list the pretenders in the game, etc, not to mention that it failed to reject the disciple I sent).

Since disciples have no scales or dominion, I expect he has the default great sage dominion of 1, which means a domkill is my almost certain fate.

I'm assuming there's no way to fix this without starting over and sending pretenders again.

Edit: Correction: I have no holy points (and thus cannot recruit shard guards). I think that means I have a dominion of 0! (Somehow there are single candles on several provinces still)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:37:03 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2014, 04:40:23 pm »

Send a PM to Alstar to make sure he reads this, and we'll simply start over :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33