Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)  (Read 50179 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)
« Reply #390 on: February 26, 2015, 09:33:09 am »

It said they gained -800 gold and 13 gems. That could be the cost of a fort but where'd the gems come from?

I think another player may have sent them.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 28, 2015, 02:34:19 pm »

(( It is, for all intents and purposes, impossible to cheat if you're using Llamaserver because it holds onto its own copies of the .trn files. The .2h files only contain your orders and the .trn files contain pretty much everything else, so you can't change the game state by modifying the .2h file. ))
you're right...so I was curious what could raise such message. But on a patch day all can happen ;)

Very impressive magic show Pangaea...but it was a edge fight I think...and without your Fog warrior (?) the end of the battle could be different...but I think it's only a matter of time that your capitol and your annoying mages are down.

General Stormhead
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 28, 2015, 03:21:47 pm »

Indeed, I am quite proud of the strategy I developed.  I took pretty horrendous losses, but I also managed to win.

Also, your entire army is cursed now.

Just thought you should know.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 28, 2015, 10:25:42 pm »

I think you might need to hit whoever cast Protection* with a cluebat, though (provided they survived).

* (Since it is essentially mass barkskin, and HopFlash was using massed flaming arrows)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2015, 04:54:00 am »

yes...curse is not nice but most of these troops are not longlives...and now I have to develop a counterstrategy...I thought that would go fast to an end ;)
but that is the awesome part of this game...you can think it's over and then...wuuuush...you need to think harder ;)

the focus of my flaming arrows were not good enough and this fog warrior spell took a lot of damage so mass protection was not so bad.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:31:14 pm by HopFlash »
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2015, 02:44:42 pm »

yes...curse is not nice but most of these troops are not longlives...and now I have to develop a counterstrategy...I thought that would go fast to an end ;)
but that is the awesome part of this game...you can think it's over and then...wuuuush...you need to think harder ;)

the focus of my flaming arrows were not good enough and this fog warrior spell toke a lot of damage so mass protection was not so bad.

Yeah, I figured the boost for defense would offset the extra fire damage.  A lot of my guys don't have much armor, so I desperately needed it.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 02, 2015, 12:43:44 am »

Can I get some extra time? 12 hours would be nice...I don't think I need so many ... but in case.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 02, 2015, 12:53:26 am »

Can I get some extra time? 12 hours would be nice...I don't think I need so many ... but in case.
Done.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 02, 2015, 01:02:00 am »

Going AI. Nothing I can really do anymore.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 02, 2015, 01:42:25 pm »

thanks for the extra time...I'm ready :)

Going AI. Nothing I can really do anymore.
sorry

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2015, 04:18:03 pm »

oh...that was the worst turn till game start...no single totally bad event...there were plenty of bad moves and decisions made....that was not necessary

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 10, 2015, 08:50:57 am »

I have seen the future, and it is dark!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 10, 2015, 09:16:35 am »

Jarlsberg Cheese will not Tolerate a Global inability to see. It would be Impossible for His people to Gaze Upon His Magnificence.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 12, 2015, 03:59:58 pm »

hmm...Marignon...you know that this all was not the nice way to handle your neighbour right?

And if you want to use your relative high numbers of undeads near my border then you should be big enough to talk open.
But perhaps you have plans that I don't see or understand...I'm curious about the game and its future.

General Stormhead

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 12, 2015, 04:42:13 pm »

Armies of undead? No-one will expect that or be prepared to fight it! Oh, wait.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33