Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Favourite Self-Destruction machine?  (Read 1152 times)

Lord Dalek

• Bay Watcher
  • NOVICE MODDER: MODS MAY BE CRAP.
    • View Profile
Favourite Self-Destruction machine?
« on: October 09, 2014, 07:48:10 pm »

If you make your forts with self-destruction levers, which one are you most proud of? For me, I was in an evil biome, and I rigged the map to funnel all of that wonderful soot, smoke, and other clouds into my fort. Blocked by floodgates, near the well of the fort were all met. Which I could at any time open and allow clouds in. Also, any creature who fell down the holes could never get out, as there were no ramps leading out.

It was glorious seeing my dwarfs bleeding and fevered, or zombified and such.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Self-Destruction machine?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 08:10:22 pm »

Had a lever (walled off) that could be pulled to drop the entire fort into the magma sea and into the oblivion that is SMR.

Took all of my willpower to no pull that lever.

Lasted about about a year before I gave in and pulled it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 02:49:41 am »

Had a lever (walled off) that could be pulled to drop the entire fort into the magma sea and into the oblivion that is SMR.

Took all of my willpower to no pull that lever.

Lasted about about a year before I gave in and pulled it.
I wonder if that's any fun to experience from an adventurer's perspective.

Maybe even add in a Rube Goldberg machine that triggers when someone rides a minecart. Magma flooding, people getting randomly impaled by upright spike traps, hostile creatures released, puppy showers, etc. Then to finish it all off, the minecart triggers the final pressure plate that drops the fort as the cart derails into a bombardment of shotgunned socks from all directions.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:02:30 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 12:34:23 pm »

Back in 0.28.181.40d, I made a cast obsidian tower fortress, channeled around it all the way to the bottom of the map, built a steel block support at the bottom, then linked it to a lever behind a series of color-coded floodgates and a clear glass window. In case of armageddon, break glass.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.