Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Prince's Retinue  (Read 6357 times)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: The Prince's Retinue
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 12:44:36 pm »

Explain that it is my business because if I intend to serve with them I'd rather they not have a fight every ten minutes. If they don't seem receptive we should just walk away. We can't afford to alienate either side right now, especially when a rather important noble's son is on one of said sides (what if the Count is an admiral and we end up serving under him?).
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 12:49:00 pm »

They're both arguing, just do it to both of them.
Take a closer look at this text!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 03:53:56 pm »

Leave them be.
We just got here. We don't have the political capital necessary to start bridge-building. Better to just move on to the plot and make a name for ourselves first.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:57:49 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 03:56:49 pm »

Explain that it is my business because if I intend to serve with them I'd rather they not have a fight every ten minutes. If they don't seem receptive we should just walk away. We can't afford to alienate either side right now, especially when a rather important noble's son is on one of said sides (what if the Count is an admiral and we end up serving under him?).

+1
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 04:10:18 pm »

+1
+1

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 04:38:37 pm »

+1
+1
This is in the navies best interest  :D

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 03:34:02 pm »

((Update sometime today))

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 04:03:58 pm »

You speak out one more time to defuse the situation.

"Guys come on were on the same side. If were going to fight can it be the right enemy and not ourselves? One day were going to serve on the same ships and it'd be great if we didn't fight every other moment."
(Persuasion 4..semi fail)

Rudolf responds again with the same annoyed look "Shut up you twat. Go be a goody goody somewhere else."

You decide to heed his warnings and go back to the dorms but not before a few looks in the crowd are drawn to you...

Time in the college flies by and
(another 4 semi fail) learn a bit to become mediocre. Because of the Navies shortage your offered a job to work in the Black Lions Fleet. There main job is to lease ships and men to wealthy merchants for trade with other nations or inside the kingdom. You could however, ask to stay one more semester train more on being a marine officer...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 04:45:02 pm »

Stay to become an officer
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 06:04:00 pm »

((Made a typo at the end. The character IS  an officer just not a very good one. Staying will mean missing the opportunity and possibly getting better at his job as a marine.))

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 06:06:40 pm »

Go now. But beat the stuffing out of Rudolf before we do.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 06:29:53 pm »

Opportunities will crop up later. Right now, we just need to focus on being the very best we can be.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 07:53:51 pm »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 07:57:16 pm »

Go now.
+1 to being a better marine.
If we want to be a better marine then we need to STAY, not GO. GO is getting a job. STAY is learning how to be a better marine.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 08:28:17 pm »

No, it's the difference between theoretical and practical experience. We can pick up academia anytime we want, let's go get tough on the open sea and learn firsthand how real sailing is done.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4