Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292543 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 8: Desperate Measures
« Reply #5985 on: January 27, 2017, 05:54:18 pm »

Harlan studies the boy, trying to figure out if he might be the kid that Lilly mentioned at one time or another. He also watches the house to see if anyone else visits.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: January 27, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »

Albert paused, remembering the masked man, and what had happened when he had touched it.
  "I... Yes, it seems to have a will of its own, however. It accepted me though, so I'm certain you should be able to handle it with no issue."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: January 27, 2017, 06:16:37 pm »

The boy had the same green eyes as the rest of the family and Lillian's brown hair.

In the middle of the examination, someone else approched Micheal. It was a general, the ine that had been referred to as "General Argent". He patted the boy and started talking with Micheal.

: Oh, yes. It chooses who deserves to use it, as the legend goes. You were obviously chosen by the Heart, but don't worry, you're not the only Chosen One around.

The Archbishop gently took the Heart of Bor. It kept shining like it had been with Albert.

: The first source of healing magic. Once a treasure of ancient Alberal, its power helped create the very first healing staves, imbued with powerful magic. We still have a few of those, only to be used in an emergency, but now we can try to recreate them. How can I reward you for bringing this invaluable artifact back?

: Can it... Can it cure my brother? Harold's interjection surprised even himself. By the way, where is he?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: January 27, 2017, 06:24:42 pm »

Harlan attempts to sneak close enough to listen in on the conversation.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: January 27, 2017, 06:29:27 pm »

Albert breathed a tiny sigh of relief, relaxing.
  "Well, I understand the current situation might make it impractical for any of those emergency staves, but I'll be happy with whatever you feel is best served as a reward."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: January 27, 2017, 07:08:49 pm »

I appreciate your family taking care of William, Micheal.

It's nothing, Sir Argent. My daughter likes to see her new friend once in a while.

Well, William, are you ready to go back home? You need to keep up with your studies.

William nodded and followed General Argent as he made his way back, waving his hand while the girl waved back.

Let's go inside, I'm tired and I have another meeting soon... Hm? What is it, Kennedy? The girl was tugging at his father's robe.

I think I saw a man in the dark.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: January 27, 2017, 07:13:19 pm »

Harlan cursed to himself. He really wanted to listen in on that meeting...
Unfortunately, the guards in a well-to-do area of town like this would not likely just tell a general to quit bothering them just because his daughter thought she saw someone. They'd be hunting for him. Hell, they'd grab him even if he'd been minding his own business. His appearance just made guards suspicious for some reason.

Harlan quickly (but sneakily) returns to the group, having accomplished nothing. He returns just after Harold asked where he was.

"Right here, brother. Surprised you didn't notice me. What's the commotion about?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:25:16 pm by Sirus »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: January 27, 2017, 07:26:22 pm »

: That depends. What ails him?

: It's... something to do with his lungs, apparently it's been there for a long time. It has no cure...

: I'm afraid the healing power of the Heart is limited to man made or unnatural injuries and small ailments. Something like what you described... Bor wants it like that. I'm sorry.

At that moment Harlan arrived, and as Harold turned to look at him, Harlan could see for a split second the heartbroken look in his eyes before he turned away.

: At least that madman didn't get his hands on it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: January 27, 2017, 07:30:29 pm »

Harlan raised an eyebrow at that, but decided not to stress about it. His brother would talk to him later if it was important.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: January 27, 2017, 08:23:42 pm »

Meanwhile, at another point of the Cathedral, something had gone wrong. One of the guards at the door to the back section lay dead, and the other was staring at Magnussen and his suddenly appeared entourage.

You said no one would get hurt! I just had the thing with me, I didn't think this would happen!

: I didn't say that, you assumed it in your ignorance. You wanted a reward, and you'll get one fit for a traitor!

Magnussen pointed his black staff at the guard and laughed as he suffered the death curse. Once that was done, he turned to his subordinates.

: Remember, we have one shot at this. Mask boy hasn't been seen again and I haven't been able to replicate the teleportation. So go find the Archbishop and any generals and eliminate them!

The screams of the guard and sounds of people rushing through the corridors reached the room where the group was.

: What was that?

: An attack?!

: How can they attack this place before anyone else noticed?

: They can teleport! They're doing the same thing they did at Auroch!

: I won't let it happened again... Archbishop, stay here, we will deal with any enemies.

: You're saying enemies are somehow in here, in my home, in the home of Bor and all the Alberalians and you expect me to hide? I will go with you, and I will show them why I'm the Archbishop! The wrath of Bor will fall upon them!

The group with the Archbishop behind them exited the room and found the enemies were already a good way into the corridors.

~~~~Turn 1~~~~
Player Phase
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
XP: 0/100
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: January 27, 2017, 08:29:54 pm »

"...Can we not go even one day without being attacked?"

Catherine to G5
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: January 27, 2017, 08:38:05 pm »

F-6, dismount, equip steel sword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 7xx: The Eleventh Hour
« Reply #5997 on: January 27, 2017, 08:39:06 pm »

"They really don't know who they're messing with do they? I mean, I could excuse it if it were a proper army, but you would think that after we killed the corpse giant, several squads of soldiers, and the terrorist AND managed to mess with a siege without any really damage to our ship that they would STOP SENDING SMALL GROUPS TO PLACES WE ARE!"
Kyle points to a dragoon as he moves to E6.
"HEY YOU! I REALLY HOPE YOU DIDN'T LIKE YOUR MOUNT BECAUSE I'M GOING TO EAT IT AFTER I KILL YOU! ... I should really stop doing that. He's probably gonna get pissed at me now."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: January 27, 2017, 08:40:18 pm »

"...Can we not go even one day without being attacked?"

Catherine to G5
: "What, and die of boredom?"

G-7, ensure that knives are ready.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: January 27, 2017, 08:42:47 pm »

"They probably don't know the terrorist is dead. It didn't seem like he was working too closely with them. Most likely it just seems like he disappeared. But still. These are likely not to be trifled with. They also might not have known we were here. Either that, or they did and planned this on purpose."
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 538