Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292192 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 3: The City Under The Sand
« Reply #2400 on: March 16, 2015, 08:30:07 pm »

"I'm not an idiot, I know what you were saying. If we split up and some of the group is outside, waiting for something to go wrong, they could outnumber the inside group, or sneak up and knock the back group out, or anything could possibly go wrong. We. Are. Not. Splitting. I'm not risking losing any of you. If they sneak Lilly out the back, then they don't get the artifact and we destroy the ones remaining. Then we find Lilly. If you insist on something, we can park Modra and Ranzen outside any back entrance. Two fully grown wyverns are enough to scare off most people."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: March 16, 2015, 08:34:15 pm »

Abel speaks quietly to Zane.

"If we're dealing with fellow mages, there's a chance the hostage will be under some sort of geas or mind altering effect, so I'll be relying on you to realise it if I don't. I doubt they'll have been able to do anything too major in the time they've had, but even a small slip-up could spell doom."

Raising his voice once more;

"Permission to speak, leader?"
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: March 16, 2015, 08:39:58 pm »

"I meant splitting the group in a way where both sides can easily come to each others' aid, depending on the situation. Which means, we'll decide on the plan when we exactly get there, and are able to assess the terrain properly. Your point is heard, well, Tomik. Come to think of it-"

She looked around at the gathered ensemble.

"Everyone looks ready to go--is there anything needed before we start out?"
          Also Zane got my point.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: March 16, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »

"I'm not implying that you're an idiot, or otherwise doubting your intelligence, but making tactical decisions while under emotional stress is a sure fire way to miss or overlook important details. For all we know, it's you guys that are the target, and this kidnapping was made with the purpose of getting you to charge headlong into an ambush in the temple or wherever, when your emotions overpowered your wisdom. I've seen it before. That's why I'm suggesting Alessa and myself be the one leading the second force. We're not emotionally affected by this as you clearly are, and we might see something coming before you do. And again, this is no insult to your abilities."
Zane felt like he was trying to talk down one of his former commanders. That didn't end well.
He noticed Abel talking to him.
"Possible, but let's not get too carried away. If they were that powerful, they'd grab the artifact themselves unless the artifact wasn't the important part."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: March 16, 2015, 08:45:49 pm »

"Yes, I'm emotional. No, my judgement isn't impaired. Splitting the group when we have as few people as we do and have no way of knowing how many people they have is not a good idea. It is too risky. And fine Abel."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 16, 2015, 08:52:33 pm »

"Theeeeen, we find out how many people we're dealing with. Reconnaissance. Would that be acceptable?"
The Derail Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: March 16, 2015, 08:56:32 pm »

"... We get the artifact first. Then we deal with the next step when it happens. For now we focus on the first step. Fair enough?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: March 16, 2015, 08:58:49 pm »

Alessa blinked. Zane has spoken relatively everything that was in the background of her words, in a very clear and concise fashion. She nodded at him, remembering that she should've mentioned that in the first place when giving her own viewpoint.

But Tomik's last words nudged her.

"...We don't have our bargaining piece?"

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: March 16, 2015, 09:02:21 pm »

"I can agree that prioritizing our tasks is in no way a bad idea. Maybe when we have the artifact, I'll feel more comfortable trusting you to be in control of your emotions, in any case. You could use some time to calm down."
He looked over to Alessa.
"Not yet, no. That's why we're grabbing the artifact first."
The Derail Thread

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: March 16, 2015, 09:04:08 pm »

"Honestly, I don't think splitting up is a good idea. Ultimately there are simply far too many variables and unknown factors we can't take into account. We can try and logically conclude things, but those are really just guesses. We have no concrete information. We know next to nothing about our opponents. Their capabilities are unknown, their resources are unknown, their numbers are unknown..."

Turning to Alessa and Zane, he continues.

"If you think some sort of split is absolutely necessary... There's a possibility it would work if the 'split group' was me and me alone. There are things I wouldn't be able to do by myself, but unless they're watching us even now they shouldn't know about me. Though that assumes you're willing to trust me..."

Sighing.

"Well, we need to get the artifact first. That's something we'll have to do no matter what.
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: March 16, 2015, 09:08:14 pm »

"Honestly, I don't think splitting up is a good idea. Ultimately there are simply far too many variables and unknown factors we can't take into account. We can try and logically conclude things, but those are really just guesses. We have no concrete information. We know next to nothing about our opponents. Their capabilities are unknown, their resources are unknown, their numbers are unknown..."

Alessa felt like giving Abel a friendly :P
     "It's a suggestion for when the time comes. All those variables and factors will come into place when we get there. Also, on that note, I was always under the impression that we did have that artifact in the first place--erm, I presumed too much."

She strode nonchalantly over near Zane and whispered to him.

"We're in the same place here--no connection to these people--and I'm curious. If the kidnappers want us to do their dirty work, then isn't it also reasonable that they'd send someone to check if we're actually getting the real thing?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 16, 2015, 09:10:48 pm »

"There is *no way* that only one person is splitting off. That is just asking for exactly what happened to Lilly to happen to them."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: March 16, 2015, 09:18:02 pm »

Zane leaned over to better hear Alessa's message.

"Depends on how cocky they are. If they think that simply holding a member of their group hostage is enough of a lure, than they might not bother with it. Although if they're paranoid or desperate, they might do that. In any case, we don't know what this thing looks like, so getting a fake isn't a possibility. But you're right that we should watch for that."
The Derail Thread

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: March 16, 2015, 09:19:00 pm »

"It was a suggestion under the assumption that they don't know about me to begin with... It's very risky, so I'll let it be veto'd without complaint."
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: March 16, 2015, 09:23:17 pm »

"Hey Abel. Since you've been living in that place, don't you know a bit on the criminal culture present? Like, what're they like, and is your home pretty much a transitory place (that is, is it widely known and open to surrounding areas) for travel? A very common note with coordinated crimes are that they never go from point A to B. There's usually a transit-area in between."
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 538