Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292188 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 3: The City Under The Sand
« Reply #2190 on: March 11, 2015, 02:55:03 pm »

: Yeah you can go right now if you want. Nothing here ever closes since everyone sleeps when they want anyways. It's right down the streets you will reach a big plaza and there's a building with "Homeland Security" or something like it by the door. Be sure to take the proof with you!

: ... You did take proof of his death did you?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 11, 2015, 02:59:07 pm »

"Yeah, uh, I have his... head in a bag attached to Modra's saddle. I'm assuming that's proof enough. If anyone else wants to come with me, they're welcome to."

Heading outside, he snagged the bag holding the proof, waited a few moments to see if anyone else was coming before setting off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 11, 2015, 03:07:34 pm »

Alessa looked at the bag, then at Nikolai, then at Tomik--she hadn't spoken when he did stab the man, but she had turned away during the whole process as to chart down the best way through the desert to the location.

Little did she know that such an act was to be done.

"I'll go with you too. Sorry Abel, duty calls."

Her training as a hunter under her father gave her control over her tone, though not full mastery over the subtle feeling of unease at the situation.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 11, 2015, 03:08:07 pm »

"I trust in your fairness, our noble leader. I think I shall take a look around.

Would anyone care to accompany me? Albert?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 11, 2015, 03:09:19 pm »

"Sure. Alessa, right? Come on, it's this way I think he said."

Tomik headed down towards the building that Nikolai had mentioned, eventually entering into the security building.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 11, 2015, 03:12:59 pm »

Kyle raises his hand at Ketsuki's question.
"Ah'll go witcha.""

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 11, 2015, 03:15:33 pm »

"Yeah, its Alessa."

Feeling quite in the mood, with the lack of inhibition--especially after having fought with Tomik--Alessa felt more open to talking, for any reason she didn't question.

"Tiny question for you--why did you...murder someone reconsidering their own fate?"

She emphasized the one term, due to her past ideas on the prospect, taking the time as they were moving toward the security building.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 11, 2015, 03:31:06 pm »

Albert was amazed by this city, it seemed pretty magical, with its location and view.
  "Ooh, wow..."
He was positively entranced by it all, and regularly fell behind the group as he looked around. He seemed pretty interested in the interior, but when Nikolai said that they could leave, it was almost too tempting to go off by himself... When Ketsuki asked if anyone wanted to go out and explore, Albert enthusiastically nodded.
  "Yeah! I mean, uh.. That sounds fun."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:34:13 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 11, 2015, 03:37:19 pm »

Lamden still looked out of a nearby window at the buildings nearby, some of them well coated in greenery and plants, but no visible source to tend to them. Glancing at Nikolai, Lamden gestured to the foliage.
: "I apologize if I'm being disrespectful but, how is this possible?! A town of this size should require a large amount of crops, and yet this place lies in the middle of a desert! No sorcery could simply create the requisite water, and the odds of arable land being anywhere would be slim yet..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 11, 2015, 03:40:27 pm »

"Perhaps you should wait to sober up before exploring, Kyle. I can smell the strength of your swill from here, and I prefer the other kinds of spirits, truth be told."

Lamden still looked out of a nearby window at the buildings nearby, some of them well coated in greenery and plants, but no visible source to tend to them. Glancing at Nikolai, Lamden gestured to the foliage.
: "I apologize if I'm being disrespectful but, how is this possible?! A town of this size should require a large amount of crops, and yet this place lies in the middle of a desert! No sorcery could simply create the requisite water, and the odds of arable land being anywhere would be slim yet..."

"Perhaps an underground lake? Every spring wells up from the soil, after all." She nodded to Albert. "You know more of magic than I, my friend. Let us have a look around."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 11, 2015, 03:48:18 pm »

"Well... If you mean my attack, he didn't choose to surrender until my lance tip was almost at his throat. At that point, there was little I could do. I attempted to pull my strike back but... If you're talking about afterwards, when he was barely clinging onto life, it was Harlan who gave the finishing blow, though others would have done the same. If I had to guess at their reasoning, I suspect it is because we simply cannot afford to have a prisoner right now. The risk of him escaping along the way here is too great, and we would have just been bringing him here to his death. Giving him the last act of mercy... allowing him to die in battle as opposed to by a rope... I can see where someone would view that as the honorable way of ending his life. In battle... you can rarely afford to give someone a chance to surrender. There is too much that can go wrong with it, and it leaves you less aware of what is happening around you. You should be more willing to take a life if you are going to continue as a mercenary or guard."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 11, 2015, 03:49:36 pm »

"Perhaps an underground lake? Every spring wells up from the soil, after all." She nodded to Albert. "You know more of magic than I, my friend. Let us have a look around."
: "Perhaps so, but no underground source lasts forever, and it would require immense irrigation efforts to ensure the crops grow properly, let alone to keep the desert heat from killing..." Lamden paused as another thought occurred to him, "And how does the moon's light flood below here without the chill of the desert night?"
Lamden shook his head in disbelief.
: "I suppose magic's capabilities reach further than my kinsmen imagine..."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:57:44 pm by CrimsonEon »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 11, 2015, 04:01:34 pm »

Kyle shrugs.
"Ah shoulda guessed ya'd say that..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 11, 2015, 04:30:31 pm »

"A better question is how the moon shines into here, when we are buried deep within the desert's flesh. Perhaps the sky we see here is merely illusion, though I have no knowledge of the abilities of magic."

Go poke around the city with albert

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 12, 2015, 03:51:56 am »

The person named 'Abel' who until this point has been standing silently with a glazed look on his face suddenly snaps to alertness.

"Ah, hello there everyone. Sorry about that, I was a bit preoccupied wi-

jolting as though struck by lightning, he suddenly pauses once more, though his eyes retain their focus.

"Old man, you wanted me to look into what blew the electrostarter up..?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

His face rapidly forming a myriad of expression, he immediately sprints off into the back of the house, returning mere moments later with a triumphant expression.

"Geez, I was worried for a second there. It's so simple I'm surprised you even had to ask for me help."

"You see, what happened was that the lunariole flux capacitor and the vitruvian nilithium semi-permeable ion conductor interacted quite strangely with the immutable nega-field, leading to a coalescence of the remaniture cium beads and the plethorium super-reactor. Despite the frisian aspellanotic reactionary force field's best efforts to keep the two from colliding, it resulted in quite a profound explosion. A very impressive one, if I say so myself. Now, where was I..."

Turning back to the group of visitors, he continues speaking.

"Ah, yes, introductions! As I'm sure you have all already been informed, my name is Abel. Truth be told, I'm also somewhat of a visitor to this place and have only been here for four weeks, though I've already had the time to see some of its splendor. If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. Those of you who seem to be intent on exploring, do be careful. The city is very beautiful but it can also be quite treacherous if you aren't alert."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 538