Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292063 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Final Chapter: Endgame.
« Reply #7755 on: April 24, 2018, 04:07:26 pm »

"Oh, ah.." Albert rubbed the back of his head, and gave a smile.
  "I'm going to be living with Ketsuki, when this is all over, in her master's house in the mountains, starting up a swordplay school, so.."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: April 24, 2018, 04:30:08 pm »

As Albert went to chat with Catherine, Ketsuki herself approached the assorted officers and generals.

"General. I have had a thought about the Waygate. Ultimately, it was the source of this trouble, was it not? It may well be possible to make it harder to access for... errant minds. Burying it, to be precise, even partially. Obviously, it would be a larger undertaking than this group could do be ourselves, but if you have men you trust, they could do the job. It is surrounded by mountains; there is plenty of resources nearby."
She paused.

"I will be able to keep an eye on it, but leaving it as it is is foolishness, especially after all this trouble."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: April 24, 2018, 04:57:16 pm »

: Burying this place? Doesn't sound like a bad idea. The access is currently difficult but not impracticable. We should make it so.

: If you don't mind me... I believe we should learn more about the Waygate first. This is something we can't affort to underestimate. But you know about it more than I do, so if you still think it should be buried I won't oppose it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: April 24, 2018, 06:06:39 pm »

"I doubt it will be buried in a day. There will be time to study it, but perhaps you should be cautious in doing so. Who knows how the king was infected by Chaos, after all."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: April 29, 2018, 08:39:58 am »

Lilly moved over to where Senija and Tomik were talking.

"We would never leave you behind, Senija!"

She put her hands on the female twin's shoulders.

"You can come with us if you like; we'll be heading back to Dargas from here."

Lilly glanced at Harold.

"Unless, that is, you had someone else you would rather travel with for awhile...?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:42:40 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: April 29, 2018, 01:59:12 pm »

Senija bit her lip lightly and looked up for a moment to think, then looked back.
:"Uh, well, I'm definitely gonna have to work out the exacts with Harold, but,"
:"ehehe, yeah, I was planning on traveling with Harold for a while. I dunno how much time he's gonna spend in Kizamo alone with Harlan, though, and while he does that I'd definitely want to stick around with you guys!"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: April 29, 2018, 02:48:10 pm »

"Come on sis. You should know by now that you're always welcome to travel along with me. No need to get all formal about it now. And hey, if he can handle our flying, Harold's always welcome too. Though I do still need to have a talk with him..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: April 30, 2018, 04:42:42 am »

"I hope you two have fun. And... if you find that there's something there, don't be afraid to go for it."

"Sometimes it turns out that it's everything you didn't know you needed."

Lilly leaned up slightly and kissed Tomik's cheek, likely embarrassing her husband in front of his sister.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Epilogue.
« Reply #7763 on: April 30, 2018, 07:02:03 am »

~~~~Epilogue~~~~

And so, the evil being that called itself Chaos was defeated, and the world was saved from its evil influence. Our heroes would remain relatively unknown to the world, and everyone was able to move on and continue with their lives:

Tomik Cizek, Immovable Knight, and Lillian Cizek-Rose, Rebellious Bard
With the world finally at peace, Tomik and Lilly returned back to Dargas where they settled down near Tomik's parents and raised their son.

Three more children joined the family and Lilly spent her days raising them and writing the book she's dreamed of writing before the war came to derail that path. Tomik joined the Mountain Guard, patrolling the lands to watch for dangers and help rescue those who got lost in the mountains but the highlight of his days were when he got to return home to his family.

Harlan Coronas, Reformed Rogue
After a final round of adventures at Harold's side, Harlan settled down to live his remaining days with Catherine in comfort. The healing magic he received during the quest to stop Chaos slowed down his illness some, but after four years it became clear that he was near the end. Faced with the prospect of a drawn-out and painful death, he decided to take poison instead.

Harlan died peacefully in his sleep, in the company of friends and loved ones. It was, he reflected, a better end than he ever would have expected.

Senija Cizek, Unstoppable Hunter, and Harold Coronas, Adventurer Extraordinaire
After spending some time with his ill brother, Harold went to Senija to be showed around Dargas... and though this led to them marrying, he insisted on living in Kizamo, in order to become a historian there. Senija agreed on one condition: that he let her drag him around to fly around and visit the other members of the team as often as they could manage.

Harold became an important contributor to the legacy of Kizamo, coordinating archaeological efforts and occasionally exploring a tomb himself (with Senija there to stab anything threatening), while Senija was just happy to settle down with him and see her old comrades — and later to take their two children with them when she did.

Albert Rudolph, Saint Among Thieves, and Ketsuki, Saint of Swords
Now the war was over, Ketsuki and Albert returned to the home of Ketsuki's master, to establish a sword school once more and keep vigil over the buried Waygate. After the building was restored to its former glory, they married, in a quiet, private ceremony.

Taking in orphans from the war as apprentices, they taught the arts of bladework and magic, respectively, soon becoming famed for the prodigious skills endowed upon their students. Amongst these were their own children - the couple had 3 children, who perhaps would earn their own mark in history...

Lamden, Protector of Light, and Anne-Laude, Lady of Auroch
Lamden and Anne-Laude returned to Alberal and retook Auroch from rogue Ixion remnants still holding there.

Anne-Laude took her place as Lady Luso of Auroch and rebuilt the city with help of technological advances from Kizamo, establishing a diplomatic channel and the possibility for knowledge to improve and spread. Meanwhile Lamden headed efforts to re-establish the infrastructure of Auroch, assisting in the establishment of many local guilds and personally engaging the local farming community to adapt the agricultural advances gleaned from Kizamo, frequently recusing himself to a simpler agrarian lifestyle in between his tenures as public advisor.

Laura Silfursverd, Paragon of Ixion
Laura returned to Ixion to help her father rebuild it after the terrible war. With the King gone, the country shattered into various tiny territories ruled by warlords and such, but Silfursverd family and loyalists managed to bring most of it back into relative cohesion and stability.

The country reformed, adopting republican system where noble families all rule together, also providing the national army out of their families and out of their pockets, creating what would be called 'a military republic'.

Kyle Johnson, Unlikely Hero
After the war, Kyle started up an air transport business with the help of Nikolai. It took him a while to learn the ropes but once he did he hardly spent a day without working to maintain the business.

Despite the advancements on teleporters, further on in the years he'd expand out and eventually adopt a child to carry on his legacy. With time, romanticized stories of "The pirate that rejected the seas and sailed the skies" became commonplace.

Catherine Hirana, Boundless Investigator
For a time, Catherine kept with the group, rather than going immediately home to Kizamo. Perhaps to some surprise, she entered a relationship with Harlan shortly after - while unlike the other pairs they never married, they did have a child in the four years before his illness took him.

After a time of mourning, Catherine took the child - Amber - and returned to Kizamo, where she got back into the magical research she’d always enjoyed, beginning with compiling the findings she’d made over the journey and developing a technique to give mages durability without sacrificing their magic. She kept in touch with the others, consistent letters (except when enveloped in some project or other) and sometimes visits with her child, and worked with Albert to monitor the Gate.

Mason, Unwitting Pawn
After the celebrations ended, Mason seemingly disappeared from the continent.

Not long after, there were stories of a cloaked figure that travels the world helping those in need, vanishing without a trace after, but none can ascertain who, how or why.

And lest we forget, the other heroes that helped the group but left for some reason or another:

Isbilya Baetica, left after Chapter 2
Rumours say a witch lives in the desert, without a direction but not without a purpose, still gathering power for the end of the world.

Clare Redwing, left after Chapter 3x
The courier resumed her former job moving all across the continent. Later she joined Kyle's airship business, as air support.

Alessa Cathhock, left after Chapter 3x
Alessa returned to her little coastal town and zealously guarded it. After Ixion's fall, she asked the town be placed under Kizamo's protection, a proposal the mages eagerly accepted.

Zane Severus, left after Chapter 3x
The mage rose up to Captain of the Veyriden Border Guard, often collaborating with Dargas' own Mountain Guard to keep the area safe from raiders and other perils.

Abel Leid, left after Chapter 4
Abel returned to his previous spot helping Nikolai. Despite never fighting again, his efforts produced valuable results in the field of teleportation.

Asher Sangrey, left after Chapter 7x
Asher was imprisoned for various necromancy related crimes, but his actions saving Veyriden earned him a few privileges. Eventually some people accepted that necromancy could be used for good, but people still remain wary of such mages.

But the peace that the heroes fought for wouldn't last long. In the coming years Archbishop Cedric of Alberal would die suddenly, and his successor would be significantly less tolerant of digressing views. Kizamo would have a hand restoring the city of Auroch, but wouldn't react kindly to the new Archbishop, and tensions keep rising. Ixion, now fractured into smaller territories, would see former corrupt army commanders become warlords, and save a few exceptions, people would suffer constant wars, oppression and bandit attacks under their rule.

And 20 years after the Waygate's first opening, it would again become the center of a conflict that would involve the entire continent.

A seemingly normal rock wall rumbled, and a metallic fist broke through. Not long after, someone walked out.

I'm awake, huh? That's weird, what could have happened? I'm pretty sure I had something to do when I woke up, but I can't remember... Can't be that important I guess. All I want to do now is see what has changed in the world.

The mysterious figure started walking towards a city visible in the distance.

~~~~THE END~~~~

Not yet! There's still many things to do...

Stay tuned for the epilogue chapters!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:53:02 am by Solymr »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Epilogue A: Consequences.
« Reply #7764 on: May 02, 2018, 01:18:45 pm »

~~~~Epilogue A: Consequences~~~~
Two months have passed since the Waygate was closed.High up in the sky two wyverns, orange and blue, are flying. The Cizeks were rapidly approaching Coriven, summoned by Micheal to discuss important family matters.

Tomik and Lillian had been riding on his wyvern, carrying a letter from her older brother mentioning "urgent matters involving the Rose family" without explaining more. Senija was alone since Harold was still with Harlan.

It had been a few days of travel, but at last, Lillian's hometown became visible between the mountains.

//Tomik, Lillian and Senija are in!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: May 02, 2018, 01:21:35 pm »

"You're sure you're ok with all of this, right? I know he's your brother and all, but I also know your family isn't exactly something you wanted to revisit... We can turn around right now if you say so."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: May 02, 2018, 01:26:09 pm »

"..."

Lilly hadn't said much. The fact Micheal hadn't explicated matters was worrying. Hopefully everything was all right and it was something minor, but... what if it wasn't?

Just when I thought I could put Alberal behind me...

She was still thinking - and resting a hand on her lower abdomen; she was starting to show a little - when her husband spoke up and caught her attention.

"Hmm? No, I mean, it's probably important. Micheal knows I wanted to stay in Dargas with you; if he's calling me - us - back to Coriven then he must have a reason."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: May 02, 2018, 02:40:43 pm »

Senija had had a thing or two to think about herself recently: Harold, mainly, she supposed. His absence, how Harlan’s... well, how Harlan would factor into things, how exactly she felt about him. But what with the message Lilly had received, Senija was worrying about her sister in law too! Torn between the impulse to let her brother have some alone time with his wife and to reassure Lilly herself, Senija eventually settled on the latter.
:"You know, if it is something bad, Lilly, Tomik and I won’t let anyone hurt you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: May 02, 2018, 11:30:11 pm »

"Oh, I mean, I don't think it'll be like... violent or anything, though I appreciate it Sen. I'm just... worried, y'know? Like maybe something happened to Johnny, or... well... it could be anything."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: May 03, 2018, 02:01:36 am »

"No matter what, we'll figure it out. I promise. And once it's done, we can go wherever you want and never come back here if that's what you would prefer."
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 538