Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292562 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 9: The Decisive Day
« Reply #6840 on: August 31, 2017, 03:30:07 pm »

Laura let a sigh.

Everyone's getting love and happiness and bright future they wanted, she instead had to let her dad go into thick of danger far away from her and her compadres. The anxiety was festering in her gut again, but...

"Just... be careful. Both of you."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Intermission 2: Calm Before the Storm.
« Reply #6841 on: August 31, 2017, 03:47:14 pm »

: You too be careful, Laura. I'll try to make it to the battle as soon as I can. If I don't see you though... I'm proud of you.

Jacob let out one of those rare dad smiles before turning and galloping towards the city.

Some time later, the Alberal forces and the group followed.

The sun was setting when everyone got to Ennar, and Jacob had already left in his rush to warn his son. Now, after the battle of Ennar Beach, the group could take a day off to prepare for the end of their journey.

The town was mostly empty, stores and other places were closed, except for the inn, which would now accomodate the party. Ennar had an air similar to that other coastal city, Zeton. However Ennar was more focused on the strategic position it held, and as such had taller walls and impressive fortifications and military buildings.

: Here we are. The rest of the soldiers will camp outside, you'll get the inn for yourselves. We'll only stay the night anyways, we can't get too comfortable. Before I go, Micheal turned to Lillian. We haven't had much time to talk, but I think now would be a good time to catch up.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: August 31, 2017, 03:55:28 pm »

"OK. What's up, Micheal?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 9: The Decisive Day
« Reply #6843 on: August 31, 2017, 04:08:58 pm »

Kyle had ended up near Laura on the walk there. He figured he'd as what he was thinking now.
"Your dad seems like a good guy."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: August 31, 2017, 04:19:21 pm »

Micheal chuckled at Lillian's nonchalant attitude.

: Well, I don't know how many of my letters reached you, but yeah, me and Nell had a daughter and named her after our grandmother, and she's such a sweet girl. William's been growing up fine, General Argent has been taking good care of him, and since when he couldn't he left him to our care, William and Kennedy got to be friends. But I've been noticing General Argent's been acting a bit strange lately. Probably the stress about Ixion. And you? How are you doing after... what happened with the family?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: August 31, 2017, 04:27:24 pm »

"It, uh... it's been a rough ten years. I guess I can gloss over most of it since you must've gotten at least a few of my letters."

"But, yeah. I got put in Strohnban and we escaped - all of us here except Kyle and Ketsuki, and I guess Laura since that was more of us sparing her and letting her come with us rather than get courtmartialed. Then, wow, what didn't happen?"

Lilly quickly related the team's (mis)adventures, from rescuing Lamden to her getting kidnapped and subsequently rescued, Kizamo in general, Eden and his eventual fate, meeting the family again (and a quick digression to give her side of the story about what happened years ago) what happened to the Heart, all of it.

"And also Tomik proposed to me yesterday so we're going to get married soon! Any tips on married life, big brother?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: August 31, 2017, 04:40:44 pm »

Micheal listened attentively to Lillian's telling of the story, frowning at the kidnapping and Eden part, until he got surprised by the very last line.

: Married? Congratulations! I'm glad you found someone that makes you happy. But for tips? I guess I can tell you that you shouldn't keep anything that bothers you to yourself. You'll be sharing your life, the good things and the bad things. I should talk to him though...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: August 31, 2017, 04:43:16 pm »

Lilly responded with a thumbs-up.

"Sure, go for it! But take it easy on him, OK?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: August 31, 2017, 04:47:02 pm »

: Don't worry, I'll let him live. Micheal mischievously winked at Lillian and approached Tomik and put on his best serious business face.

: Tomik? I believe we need to talk.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: August 31, 2017, 04:51:35 pm »

Tomik turned, saw Micheal, looked behind him and saw Lilly and nodded.

"Fair enough. I suppose Lilly told you then?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: August 31, 2017, 04:55:42 pm »

: That's right. And I'm concerned about what you are going to do.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: August 31, 2017, 04:57:59 pm »

"I plan on being by her side and protecting her as best I can. She wouldn't listen to me when I tried to convince her not to fight, and I doubt she would listen to you, though you're welcome to try. So instead I'll stay by her side, protecting her and loving her for as long as she wants me there."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: August 31, 2017, 05:01:23 pm »

: Good answer. You know what will happen if you end up hurting her, right?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: August 31, 2017, 05:05:41 pm »

"Depending on how far away you and my sister are, one of the two of you will do your best to make me regret the day I was born I believe."

His mouth twitched at that last bit, knowing that Micheal would likely not understand why he was including Senija in there, but the image of the two of them fighting over who got to hit him first was amusing.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: August 31, 2017, 05:12:12 pm »

: I see you understand the situation. So then...

Micheal put a hand on Tomik's shoulder and smiled.

: Welcome to the family, Tomik!
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 538