Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292608 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 8: Desperate Measures
« Reply #6225 on: March 18, 2017, 08:52:43 am »

Ah, Cedrych, the bellend that got his arse kicked when he got too handsy. After that no wonder every wyvern under him requested a transfer.

The commander started ordering everyone to move.

Anything else to report, er?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: March 18, 2017, 08:54:22 am »

"Yes... That's the one. And no sir. Nothing else to report."

It looked like he'd managed to get by for now. So now it was a waiting game until he could escape...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: March 18, 2017, 09:13:06 am »

"Tomik? Tomik!"

Lilly had been so caught off-guard that she was extremely slow to react, but now she moved over to Magnussen's body and started searching it as well.

"Damn! There's got to be SOMETHING here we can use to get him back! Right?"

She turned to look at Harold, who seemed to know more about the teleportation magic than everyone else.

"...Right?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: March 18, 2017, 09:32:41 am »

Kyle walks over to Lilli and sets a hand on her shoulder.
"Hey, calm yourself, he's pretty much invincible. If the Ixionites were bold enough to attack like this, and were certain they'd recoup the loses from the attack, then surely they have another force about."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:59:03 pm by kj1225 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: March 18, 2017, 09:50:14 am »

"I don't care how tough he is or if he can handle it himself, whatever happened to him. I want him here."

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: March 18, 2017, 09:59:16 am »

: "Why don't we hop in the airship and go to him? Hell, with that wyvern of his we might run into him along the way."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: March 18, 2017, 12:28:42 pm »

Laura just stared at the empty spot.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: March 18, 2017, 01:55:10 pm »

Some people rushed to where the group was. It was the remaining guards, that had been alerted during their patrols. Nikolai was with them, and while the guards were checking on the Archbishop, Nikolai checked on the rest.

: What happened?! I was wandering around when I saw the guards started rushing here and then I see all this blood!

Nikolai looked around, seemingly confused.

: Hm? I think I remember two of the big lizards being around...

: Well, maybe you can help with that...

Alright, let's go back to the camp then. We have no more business here and we need to get back. The commander started the march towards "camp", wherever that was. Now Tomik was unvoluntarily infiltrated behind enemy lines, and he had no idea when it would end.

: And then Tomik disappeared. So that's what happened, do you think there's a way to bring him back.

: Unfortunately not, but it has given me an idea about research. It won't be helpful until I get back to Veyriden.

Meanwhile the guards saluted the Archbishop and rushed out. Cedric turned towards Nikolai.

: Ah, Sir Nikolai, good timing. I just sent the guards to recall all the generals immediately for an emergency meeting, and if possible I'd like you to be there to better coordinate our efforts. I'm afraid the situation has turned serious, and if that man spoke the truth about the Waygate this may be a losing war after all, unless your people have any way of closing it.

: Hmm... Unfortunately I don't think we can. It's too bad the Rune Key can only open everything instead of also closing everything. It should be called the Rune Lockpick but I guess that doesn't have the same ring for an artifact of immense power...

Mason took a step forward.

: Ahem. Have you considered the reason of the attack in the first place? If they are really ready to unleash the apocalypse and all that, why risk so much attempting to assassinate the Archbishop? From what I've heard, the other time they did it they managed to capture the whole city thanks to it, but this doesn't look like that situation.

Cedric and Nikolai thought about it for a second until Mason interjected again.

: My guess is that they're trying to buy time. And if they're trying to buy time it's because they thought there's a real chance that we stop them from opening. So now that they failed it's time to take that chance.

: And what would that chance be, my boy?

: Uh, hell if I know. I'm not a military strategist, I just thought that could be why they did this.

: I'll take it into account regardless. If there's a chance that we can stop them, we would need to make a desperate attempt at reaching the Waygate in a week. Which would appear to be impossible at first glance...

: If it comes to that, I offer any help I can give.

: Ah, Lady Anne-Laude, we also need to talk about Auroch. We'd need you to lead it if and after we retake it-

: Excuse me, Lord Cedric, but the world comes first. Stopping the opening of the Waygate should be our first priority, and I'll do anything to help. There's also the fact that Sir Tomik is trapped in Ixion, so I would like to repay my friends by helping them find him if they decide to go looking for him.

: Thank you, Lady Anne-Laude. By the way, I should give you your proper reward. The Archbishop ran back, quite fast for a man of his supposed age, and soon returned with an ornate staff. Tell me, Albert. Do you recognize this staff?

While all that was happening, Harold sat down on the floor next to his brother.

: Well, I didn't screw the pooch this time, but it certainly feels like I can't do anything right. Sorry, Harlan...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: March 18, 2017, 02:04:57 pm »

"Why don't we just shove a big rock into it and then collapse the cave? It's not like the zombies have pick axes and it would probably take forever to dig it back out."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:58:51 pm by kj1225 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: March 18, 2017, 02:40:01 pm »

"I'll tear the Waygate down with my own bare hands if I have to! I'm sick of Ixion trying to shove everyone around! They have absolutely no right to be enslaving people's souls!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: March 18, 2017, 02:59:10 pm »

: "What are you sorry about, Harold?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: March 18, 2017, 03:09:28 pm »

When Tomik had first disappeared, Senija had been paralyzed. Not with fear, or with any other emotion (though she probably would have been), but with the results of an enemy spell. So for a couple of minutes, Senija had just stood there completely still, utterly unable to do anything to help her little brother. When the paralysis broke, Senija rushed towards the spot he had disappeared from, tears gathering in her eyes as she stared, putting a hand on the ground.
:"T-Tomik? Tomik?! N-no, he can't, how could, he's gone! He's gone! Please, please don't tell me I lost him, I don't want to lose Tomik, no no no no no, w-we have to do something, isn't there something we can do?!""

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: March 18, 2017, 03:23:18 pm »

Kyle kneels down to put an arm around the scary woman's shoulder.
"Hey, hey, he'll be fine. They probably don't know who he is and plus he's got that helmet that makes him look like one of the mooks. We just need to find whatever force this guy is from and he'll most likely be there."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:58:43 pm by kj1225 »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: March 18, 2017, 03:32:38 pm »

: I admit I didn't want to look for the gem just because I wanted to stop the masked man... I also thought we could use it to cure you, to get rid of that which the healers and doctors can't do anything about. But Cedric told me that ain't happening...

Harold tried to cover his face when Senija started panicking, it hit too close for comfort to him. At least until he couldn't take it and suddenly jumped up.

: Of course we can do something! We can go looking for him and kick Ixion's ass at the same time! Cedric, count me in, because that man saved my life more times than I myself did, I'm not gonna let him just die and hell if I'll let one of my friends lose her brother because of some magical BULLSHIT!

: I appreciate your passion, but there is planning that needs to be done.

: Yeah, yeah, sure. I just got a bit carried away because of the situation. I'll wait until that's done, and then go to Ixion or whatever it's best. What about you, Senija? And Lillian? And the rest of you?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: March 18, 2017, 03:35:38 pm »

Senija didn't much like Kyle thanks to the friction he'd had with her brother on multiple occasions. But she felt much too vulnerable right now with her brother gone to raise any sort of protest.
:"A-ah, but, he's gone, and-- I don't, I don't really know what to do...""

When Harold spoke up, Senija looked up at Harold, a little awestruck.
:"Y-yeah. Yeah. Thank you...""
:"There-- we're gonna save him! There isn't any way I'm gonna l-let anything happen to him!"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:42:51 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 538