Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292459 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 7xx: The Eleventh Hour
« Reply #5865 on: January 03, 2017, 01:32:02 pm »

Lillian took off his mask, revealing the left side of his face was severely burned. But what remained was enough for Lillian to remember.

Back in Coriven, before she took the deal and left her family, Lillian met Eden, a young man who had traveled across Alberal. Eden was a bit strange, but he wasn't as psychotic as the man that now lay dead before her. Eden stated his intentions to travel to the desert and finding the mages of Kizamo.

The preparations for the trip led to Eden befriending many people in the city, but things took an unexpected turn when the day of his departure, Eden faced a mob of angry people. As it was rumored, someone found a book of dark magic among Eden's possessions, and accused him of being a heretic. Eden denied the accusations, but the mob didn't listen and ended up burning him at the stake, where in a flash of light, he disappeared.

This act of mob justice was highly irregular, but the investigations never went anywhere as the someone who found the dark book never came forward. Lillian suspected her mother might have something to do, as she voiced her intense dislike for his wish to visit Kizamo's "filthy godless people" in her own words, and her manipulative ways were already known to Lillian.

She pocketed the mask that hid the aftermath of what happened so many years ago.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: January 03, 2017, 01:45:27 pm »

Lilly blinked. She actually HAD known him... but he clearly hadn't remembered her. Or maybe he did and blamed her family for what had happened to him.

Poor Eden. Such a waste of a talented young mage. But even with what happened, I can't exactly condone his actions afterward. He chose his path.

She toyed with the mask for a few seconds, then hung it on her belt. She would choose to remember him as he had been, and keep the mask to remind herself to keep an open mind. Otherwise people ended up like he did. She took a moment to close his eyes for him and then turned back to the group.

"What I want to know is, why would the heart of an Alberalian God choose an Ixionite priest? Wouldn't He want to choose one of his own, like Lamden?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: January 03, 2017, 01:53:55 pm »

: Bor... sees every man as His own. Ixion, Alberal, even Kizamo... man-made distinctions that do not matter to Him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: January 03, 2017, 02:02:57 pm »

"That's true. I guess I'm not a good Alberalian if I forgot that."

Lilly sighed. If Bor had made people, then all people were His, whatever else they believed or whatever they called themselves. No wonder she was such a black sheep in the family.

"In any case, we have it now. What's our next move, Lady Anne-Laude?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: January 03, 2017, 02:17:37 pm »

: We have to go meet the Archbishop and deliver the message Phineas has for him. I will also try to see how we can recapture Auroch. He will also be pleased that we recovered an ancient artifact of Alberal.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: January 03, 2017, 02:31:22 pm »

"All right. I guess all that is for you and Lamden, though I don't know if we should let anyone know what Albert's got. It might be a better idea to keep quiet on that until we have an idea who we can trust with that knowledge and who we can't. Anyway, let us know when we need to be ready to retake Auroch, but we should probably get moving before those golems decide to start swinging at us."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: January 03, 2017, 03:54:10 pm »

"And so it ends for him."

Ketsuki sheathed galeforce and turned to Albert.

"As she says; pick it up. I am curious."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: January 03, 2017, 05:14:22 pm »

"... I guess I got smacked up for nothing then."
Kyle shrugs and uses his axe to inspect where he was hit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: January 03, 2017, 05:27:10 pm »

Lilly walked over and Called Heal on Kyle while Albert was forced to pick up the gem by Ketsuki and Laura.

"You helped clear the way to him, so it wasn't for nothing."

She patted his upper arm.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: January 03, 2017, 05:30:11 pm »

"Don't forget about yourself." Catherine says, as she taps Lilly with a heal staff.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: January 03, 2017, 05:34:40 pm »

"Ah, thank you. I didn't really feel the pain because of all the adrenaline, but I get the feeling it was about to set in and be really bad like the last time I pulled that stunt."

Lilly breathed a sigh of relief.

"I guess we ought to find something to do with ourselves while we wait for plans to be made. Do you guys have anything in mind?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: January 03, 2017, 06:19:28 pm »

Kyle shuffles through his sack for a bit.
"Do you guys play cards?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: January 03, 2017, 06:30:26 pm »

"You bet I do! You don't live a life on the road for years and not pick up some card games."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: January 11, 2017, 05:44:34 pm »

Harlan looked at the spot where their masked opponent had met his undignified end.

: "Well, that was surprisingly anticlimactic. That guitar of yours works wonders, Lilly."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: January 11, 2017, 06:11:08 pm »

Tomik had given their fallen for a quick glance and Lily's shoulder a gentle squeeze before walking over bread the entrance and quietly asking Harold and Anne-Laude,

"Two things. One, how likely are they to try and take that gem from us? The fact that it chose Albert and so... vehemently objected to that man taking it makes me think it might be better to hide that we have it for now. Second, what is the plan for getting out of the city exactly? They weren't existing the airship the first time. It might be a rockier trip out."
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 538