Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292412 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 7: Second Chance
« Reply #5790 on: December 05, 2016, 01:40:07 pm »

: Sh- shut up! You should be ashamed of yourself after what you did to Mom!

: Dad! We need to know something about your business-

: John, you know I don't talk about my business with my family.

It all soon devolved into a four way bickering, all while the mother was glaring at Lillian.

: ...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 7xx: The Eleventh Hour
« Reply #5791 on: December 05, 2016, 01:44:13 pm »

Kyle has regained his composure by now. He entertains himself with images of suplexing rich people. He grins happily.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: December 05, 2016, 02:42:39 pm »

"What happened to Mom wouldn't have happened if she hadn't attacked me first. Maybe if she was the least little bit grateful that I sold things very important to me just to keep our home instead of thinking the worst of me because of how I did it... And you know what, Ivy? I bet the only reason she took offense is because she didn't tell me to do it! If I had been a little kiss-ass like you and she ordered me to take the deal, she would have been happy about it, because all she's ever cared about is having her children under her thumb and she never could control me."

Maybe that's why she had got along with Johnny so well. He had that same independent streak that she did, but he was... considerably less hard-headed about it. Regardless, she temporarily dismissed Ivy with a gesture of the back of her hand, then returned Dana's glare while speaking to her father, her arms crossed.

"Dad, I know you don't like to talk business matters, but we're going to have to. One of the reasons we're back is because of the Heart of Bor. We need to know what you know about it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: December 05, 2016, 02:47:44 pm »

Kyle frowns and nods grimly. He hopes he is at least. It's hard not grinning at Lilly standing up for herself. He should congratulate her later.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: December 05, 2016, 03:17:16 pm »

: It's just a myth. That's all I can tell you.

: That's not what she told me! She said you threw her down the stairs and that's why you left!

: ... Dana's glare momentarily shifted to Ivy.

: And you probably believed her, right Ivy? You were always the golden child, you can't be wrong to your parents, and of course they can't be wrong to you! Johnny turned to his father. We know you know where it is. It's important that you tell us!

: Johnny, if you weren't such a pain in the arse after that you would know! You don't understand anything!

: John, why would you think I know where that is? I'm telling you, it's just a myth.

Johnny turned his head and muttered into his hand, taking a deep breath.

: Dad...

Then, he turned around and punched his father, knocking him down. The surprise made everyone silent for a second.

: !

: JOHNNY! What are you-

: What I don't understand, is how can a parent treat their kid as a damn MONEY ASSET! But of course you don't know what it feels like, Ivy. They didn't spend all your savings in an artifact recovery purely for greed, or made you feel useless because you weren't talented for a profitable trade, or made you have a kid with a general to earn back what they lost...

Ivy didn't have an answer this time. John Sr was still on the floor, wiping his broken lip.

: Is that what you think happened, son?

: I KNOW that's what happened! I found your secret ledger, I know you know where the Heart is, because that's where you lost our money, and it's the reason she had to take that deal, so if you don't tell us where it was, that ledger won't be secret anymore!

Johnny wiped his face on his sleeve and turned to Lillian.

: See what happens in this family? They can drive anyone insane...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: December 05, 2016, 03:21:41 pm »

Kyle laughs at the sudden violence.
"Yeah, good one Johnny boy!"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: December 05, 2016, 03:38:35 pm »

"Huuuh. That's... huh."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: December 05, 2016, 04:34:12 pm »

"Yeah, I did throw her down the stairs! After she came at me with a knife first, drunk out of her mind and ranting about how I was a whore and a stain on the family name! And you know what? I didn't mean to do it, I ran away because I thought I killed her and I didn't want to live with the guilt!"

And then Johnny just decked John Sr. Even Lilly shut up for a moment.

"...!"

After laying out his father, John Jr. proceeded to lay everything else out as well.

"Yeah, it's true. I have a son. His name's William. Tomik already knows, but I guess it's a surprise to the rest of you. Doing what I did is... yeah, Mom was right about it being a stain on the family name. That's how Alberal works. But I did it because I loved my family and I didn't want them to suffer because Dad made one bad investment. Sometimes I feel like I hate them, like right now, but family is family."

"I think it just hurt the most that I would give up my reputation and my future in Alberal so my little sister and brother would have a chance at a good future, and all my mother could think about was the shame on the family name if anyone ever found out about the mistress contract I took. And that she would rather kill me than let me live with that. In vino veritas, Mother. I always knew you didn't like me, but I had always hoped maybe you had loved me, somewhere deep inside, that you cared. And the truth was that you didn't..."

Lilly sighed and gathered herself.

"And you know what? Even if that hadn't happened, or I had known you lived, I would have left anyway. For the good of the Rose family."

Lilly extended a hand to John Sr. to help him up as she addressed him next.

"And what I'm doing now, I'm doing to still protect my family. You, Mother, Micheal, Ivy, Johnny... Nell and Kennedy... even the son I never got to hold once. For all of you, and all of my friends and allies, that I'm trying to get to the Heart of Bor first, to keep it out of the hands of Ixion and those who would use it for evil. So Dad, please. If you ever cared, if you were ever grateful for what I gave up for everyone, just... tell me the truth. Everything you know about the artifact."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: December 05, 2016, 04:50:09 pm »

Tomik remained quiet, not wanting to interfere, but he did quietly step up and reach out to give Lilly's shoulder a gentle squeeze. He knew this couldn't be easy for her, having her family's dirty laundry exposed like this but he didn't want her to think she was unsupported either.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: December 05, 2016, 04:56:36 pm »

After a moment of silence that felt like an eternity, John Sr finally spoke up.

: ...South of the Church, the street ends up in a field next to the mountain. There's a cave with two tunnels that go deep into the mountain. The left one is a dead end, but the right one leads to an engraved wall. No matter what we did, we couldn't get past that wall.

: Thank you, dad. And sorry about that.

Dana pulled Ivy closer and whispered something at her ear.

: Dad... Mom wants to speak with you. In private.

: ... Dana's glare focuses on John Sr as his face goes slightly white, and they both move inside the house.

: I- I need to go...

Ivy looks around to the remaining people before mumbling something and hurriedly leaving towards her room.

: Well... Now what? Johnny sighed.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: December 05, 2016, 05:05:04 pm »

Kyle shrugs.
"I guess we need to find some fake heart."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: December 05, 2016, 05:10:44 pm »

"Thanks, Dad. We'll do what we can; just hang in there, all right?"

She put her hand on Tomik's, grateful for the silent support, as the rest of the family headed inside and left them with just themselves and Johnny. Kyle seemed to want to go for the heart immediately, but she was feeling a little drained after dealing with that whole situation.

"Well... now I want to take a short rest before we head for that cave. Is there any food around we can grab?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: December 05, 2016, 05:28:30 pm »

: There should be something left over from this morning... You aren't staying for long, right?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: December 05, 2016, 05:34:32 pm »

"We probably shouldn't, yeah. We gotta get that artifact, and then I should probably leave. I don't want to cause any additional scandal for the Rose family."

She reached up and ruffled Johnny's hair.

"Still, we can spare a little time for a quick meal before we run off! Nice earrings, by the way."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: December 05, 2016, 05:52:41 pm »

: Heh, thanks. Where are you going after this? I think I remember Lady Anne-Laude mentioning the Archbishop.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 538