Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292342 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 7x: Game of Shadows
« Reply #5670 on: October 20, 2016, 03:31:45 am »

Lilly nodded to Senija in thanks.

"Crying about it won't do any good. We'll just have to go and stop him. Whether the artifact is there or it isn't, he's still a threat. For all we know he tricked Ixion into starting this war just so he could have a shot at finding Bor's Heart; if he did, then he's to blame for everything we've suffered through so far, and everyone that's been hurt or killed since the war started."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: October 20, 2016, 07:23:56 am »

: We'll have to carefully think our next move, but for now, let's go back to the guesthouse.

Back to the guesthouse, where everyone now was comfortably seated.

: You mentioned shadows and lanterns, right?

: That's not good. If he learned how to manipulate that kind of power he's a menace! We need to take him out before he has an overwhelming amount of those things at his command.

: Yes, of course. He has to be neutralized as soon as possible. But there's also the fact about him knowing the Heart's location, and it being near this lady's family. Phineas gestured at Lillian.

: We could use the trip to send help to Coriven. They have been under siege for a long time. If they're still resisting they surely need supplies.

: We can use the airship for that!

: I wanted you to use the airship to send the message of our support to the leaders of Alberal's defense, but I suppose you can make a quick stop to deliver supplies.

: I agree with that plan, but what about the man that attacked us?

: I will put all of our efforts in finding him, but I can't say for sure what will happen. You'll have to be careful. Everyone agrees to this course of action?

Anne-Laude nodded and Mason shrugged, but Harold was silent, ruminating about something.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: October 20, 2016, 08:39:53 am »

Kyle raises his hand before speaking.
"Hey, if we're heading over there anyways, why don't we just drop into the leader's camp in the night and raid them before we deliver the supplies? I mean, our group has taken down things scarier than a group of sleeping men multiple times."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: October 20, 2016, 09:01:46 am »

"That's the second time you've mentioned my family specifically. Are the Roses involved somehow?"

Lilly looked down for a second and rested her chin on the back of her fingers, which were laced together.

"Anyway, you asked us if we agree to this course of action..."

On 'we,' Lilly briefly gestured to indicate their motley group before returning to her previous position.

"So our group is to use the airship to deliver supplies and speak to Alberal's leaders, yes? What about after that?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 7: Second Chance
« Reply #5674 on: October 20, 2016, 12:37:24 pm »

"As much as I dislike doing so, I agree with Kyle. We should consider striking at their leadership, if we can. We are a powerful group."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: October 20, 2016, 12:42:39 pm »

"Oh! And if Lilly's family tries to raise a fuss about us that's a good thing to hold over their heads. After all, even I'm not dumb enough to say no to people that just did me a major favour."
Kyle nods to himself.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: October 20, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »

: I'm not forcing you to do anything, I only order Nikolai around.

: Hey!

: What I'm trying to say is that you're not bound to do anything. After you reach your destination you can do whatever you like. But if you want to take the chance to break Ixion's siege on Coriven, I personally don't have an objection, but the airship is Nikolai's.

: It's not a bad plan but... it's risky and I'll need the airship intact to deliver the message in time. If I drop the supplies first the Ixionians will see the ship coming and try to damage it but if I drop you behind enemy lines first you'll have the surprise element but you'll still be surrounded by a lot of enemies. And I may have to leave without you if you take too much time.

: The choice is yours to make. Oh, and I believe one of you still has the Rune Key that the terrorist dropped. We'll have top men working on it.

: Wait! Harold suddenly sprung up, getting a look from Phineas and Nikolai. I have an idea.

Harold pulled the Rune Key out of his bag.

: This opens up everything, right? Then I have a plan to bring the masked man out of hiding and deal with him once and for all.

Phineas and Nikolai looked at each other, but let Harold continue.

: From what I saw in the Library, Bor's Heart is somewhere in a temple near Coriven. We're going to make a stop there to help and so Lillian makes sure her family is alright, but I'm thinking we could do something else while we're there.

: You don't mean-!

: Ohoho, you're really insane, you know that?

: Look, we need to stay one step further than him. There's a real chance that there's someone there who knows where the temple is, and the only reason they haven't gotten it yet is because either it's trapped or it's locked. And that's where this- Harold raised the Rune Key. -comes into play. We get Bor's Heart before the teleporting guy makes his move and bait him into coming to get us. Make him walk into our trap.

: You realize if anything goes wrong the world's going almost literally to hell? Even if you happen to drop that thing the whole plan falls apart.

: Nikolai will keep it safe in the ship! If we can't find the temple then Nikolai will take it back with himself and no problem.

: I-! You-! Nikolai raised his hands in confusion. Phineas didn't say anything and was just massaging his forehead.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: October 20, 2016, 03:18:47 pm »

"... That's a horrible idea. If we get it first we're just handing it to him on a silver platter. If we get there after he's going to fight us again and take it with some magic bullshit."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Prologue: Prison Break
« Reply #5678 on: October 20, 2016, 03:39:12 pm »

:"...if we do risky things, and-- and I mean something beyond just flying into battle one on one recklessly or something like that... sometimes the things we're risking, you know, it... actually happens. If you want to plan to do something that could basically ruin the world... you should really consider the risk of him actually getting it and the "roof" falling down on our-- everyone's heads..."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: October 20, 2016, 03:41:47 pm »

: This is the idea: If we get it first, we get the immortal thing going for us, he loses! If we let him get ahead THEN we're screwed. So we go there as soon as possible, and his choices become "fight them right there without being fully prepared" or "let them have immortality and I can't do anything to them". And Lillian just proved we can face him one on one.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: October 20, 2016, 03:45:46 pm »

"He can teleport at will; we may have some difficulty in pinning him down to fight. He will be all the more cautious for his defeat."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: October 20, 2016, 03:47:54 pm »

"If we have the heart, he'll have to fight us sooner or later. Getting it first lets us choose our battlefield; back here in Kizamo is a good choice, since it has options to limit his teleportation abilities."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: October 20, 2016, 04:07:18 pm »

"...is there some way to take an anti-teleportation thing with us?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: October 20, 2016, 04:13:03 pm »

Albert nodded at Ketsuki's words.
  "Yeah, if we had anti-teleportation, he couldn't just teleport next to whoever was holding the heart.. But, shouldn't we also be thinking about breaking the siege? Uh.. If we did, that'd probably make getting into this temple easier, right? It'd be risky, and scary, but maybe we should be dropped behind enemy lines..."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: October 20, 2016, 04:32:33 pm »

: That's not a bad idea... Unfortunately the only way we could have anti-teleportation fields on the move was if I took the big generator with us. I really should have tried to make a smaller portable version...

: If we're following my plan then we need to keep our strength... We'd be fodder if we faced the siegers and then the masked man.

: Actually, if you're really really REALLY sure you can deal with him by following that plan, I would have some men available to deal with the Ixionians for you. So tell me, how sure are you of this plan?

: Uhhhh... Harold looked back at the group. Only if you agree to it.
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 538