Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292332 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 7x: Game of Shadows
« Reply #5655 on: October 16, 2016, 05:32:28 am »

"We got it back? Great!"

A burden was lifted from her shoulders. It had been her fault that maniac had gotten the key in the first place, and now she had been responsible for getting it back. She breathed a deep sigh of relief and leaned against Tomik, wrapping an arm around his waist in a half-hug.

"Well, we were drug into some strange shadow realm. We had to keep snuffing out these weird lanterns, and every time we did more monsters would appear and the area would change. After a few times that guy showed up, and, well... I kinda took a gamble on turning his own magic against him and it paid off!"

It was a brief account of the events, but she was feeling her hands shaking from the adrenaline rush and she was still fairly tense and in need of calming down.

"We... we really got rid of him and got it back, didn't we? Heh..."

She almost couldn't believe it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 7: Second Chance
« Reply #5656 on: October 16, 2016, 05:55:54 am »

"It was well done, Lilly. Hmm. Shame he was able to teleport away, or we could have taken his head here. I imagine that would have solved much of this mess."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: October 16, 2016, 05:59:47 am »

"Victory!" And then Laura gave Albert another tight hug, this time a celebratory one.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: October 16, 2016, 06:00:46 am »

"Yeah, you're right Ketsuki."

"Who knows what kind of trouble he can still cause?"

"Still, at least we accomplished something today. Whatever he wanted here, he didn't get, and it's thanks to all of us."

Maybe she had delivered the final blow, but she never would have gotten that far if the others hadn't dealt with the shadows, shells, and torches, and picked her up when she had fallen.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: October 16, 2016, 06:22:11 am »

: He teleported away? Phineas looked at Nikolai with an interrogant expression.

: I'm sure I fixed the antiteleportation field back there! The assassins stopped teleporting in!

: Does the field prevent teleportation out?

Nikaolai stood in silence for a second before facepalming.

: UGH! The field stops any materialization inside so anyone outside can't go in but anyone already inside can teleport out without a problem...

: *sigh* At least you were able to repel him. Now he knows he can't take you head on, but you still should take care for any ambushes. You've made yourself a big target for him...

Meanwhile, Mason was talking with Harold about the same topic.

: Yeah, Kyle said he was hiding in the darkness doing something else before fighting us.

: So... Maybe he wasn't after us. What did he want then?

: Something to do with the books on the floor? I noticed some of them were thrown like someone was looking for something.

: Yeah, we should check those books to see what they say.

Mason and Harold picked some of the books up, looking for clues. Harold stopped at a particular page of a particular book, and turned to Phineas and Nikolai.

: Do you know what's "Bor's Heart"? This says something about it, and the page has some markings that look recent.

: Bor's Heart? It's another artifact of legend like the Rune Key except this gem supposedly has the power of immortality. Are you saying the terrorist is after it?

: It's just a legend, but then again we have the Rune Key right here. There's no clear information about its location, though, as it's an Alberalian secret. We're not even sure they know where it is, since there hasn't been any news of Alberal having such an artifact.

: That's a problem... He may have found where it is. There's a bunch of maps with marks in these books.

Harold pulled out a map and started drawing the marking that Mason pointed to him. The marks all eventually pointed to a single location.

: If he's right, then it's in some underground temple hidden just besides- Harold looked at Lillian. Coriven.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: October 16, 2016, 06:31:31 am »

Albert sighed happily as Laura hugged him, dropping his staff and returning the hug.
  "Yeah, we won!" He could afford to stand there and hug Laura, the combat healers would do what he could. After Laura's grip slackened, he patted her on the back and withdrew from the hug.
  "So... He looked though books for the location of another artifact? Are we sure he didn't take anything else before Lillian drove him back? He did mention finding some items, and I doubt that all he meant was just those maps.." Albert asked the group, trailing off slightly.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: October 16, 2016, 06:32:28 am »

"Oh no."

Lilly covered her face with her free hand. On the one hand, she desperately wanted to see if her family was all right. On the other, she dreaded that reunion. And a third point was the siege... was it still ongoing? Had Ixion been repelled, or had they won and were now occupying the city? After a bit she collected herself. Whatever her personal concerns, that man wasn't up to anything good, and neither was Ixion. They HAD to go and see what was going on.

"...When are we headed out?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: October 16, 2016, 06:58:56 am »

"Is there an issue, Lilly?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: October 16, 2016, 07:23:08 am »

"Several. I don't want that freak anywhere near my family. And we're going right up to Ixion's army and whether we try to sneak in under their noses or beat them down we're still going to have to deal with them on top of that."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: October 16, 2016, 01:33:15 pm »

Kyle scratches his chin before sighing.
"Aye, but if that guy gets the heart, then he can do what he wants with impunity... Unless it's the kind of immortality that only stops aging..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: October 16, 2016, 01:45:35 pm »

"If someone was capable of making objects that could grant immortality... where are they?  I must admit, I have not heard of any immortals wandering the land."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: October 16, 2016, 01:49:11 pm »

Kyle looks thoughtful.
"Well, there's the Huntmaster. Made one of the best brews after sailing from the depths of hell. But that's a sailors tale so it's probably fake."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: October 16, 2016, 04:16:26 pm »

"I apologize if my priorities are a bit out of order, but do you have any idea what was happening here? With the shadows and the lanterns? I'd somewhat like to know if this is something we should expect to see if we run into him again."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Prologue: Prison Break
« Reply #5668 on: October 19, 2016, 04:12:54 pm »

Senija was still a bit shaken from the ordeal of the battle, so her delivery wasn't as confident as her feelings on the matter, but:
:"Lilly... we're all here, so... we'll support you."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: October 19, 2016, 04:29:10 pm »

"I apologize if my priorities are a bit out of order, but do you have any idea what was happening here? With the shadows and the lanterns? I'd somewhat like to know if this is something we should expect to see if we run into him again."
"The man seems to have a grasp on magic I have seen from no one else. I would expect more and stranger things, especially as we have bested him once."
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 538