Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292470 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 6: End of the Line
« Reply #4950 on: April 29, 2016, 10:26:56 am »

Tomik smiled.

"That sounds perfect."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: April 29, 2016, 10:46:51 am »

Lilly kissed his nose and disengaged.

"We'll find it one day for sure. For now I'm going to check on Senija and see how she's holding up."

"Hopefully she feels better now that we're not... y'know, dead. And stuff."

The bard made her way across the deck to the crow's nest, giving a quick wave to Harlan and then Kyle as she went, and climbed up to settle in next to the female twin.

"Good morning. Whatcha doing up here by yourself?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: April 29, 2016, 10:59:25 am »

Ketsuki glanced at Harlan.
"...yes. Yes, he was. When he sent we away, he set off for the Waygate to investigate it himself. I guess... that was the result. I am sorry."
The thief raised an eyebrow.

: "You are sorry? For what? If what I saw was true you were giving him mercy."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: April 29, 2016, 11:18:36 am »

: That's strange. Not that I know much about animation but also the fact that you're interested about animating dead or inert things. There aren't many people working on that since... Did you say your name was something like "Asher Sangley"?

"It's from a scholarly view-" Asher began before his name was brought up. Uh oh.

"It's Asher Sangrey. With an 'r'."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: April 29, 2016, 12:01:14 pm »

Nikolai gave out a long "hm" before finally talking.

: Aren't you the guy who had been asking around about reanimation and souls and golems and that kind of stuff? At least until you got the boot.

Mason shrugged.

: No idea what that has to do with that but... No idea.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: April 29, 2016, 12:07:59 pm »

"Yes, that's me. I've taken an interest in undeath ever since I heard the prophets proclaim the dead would be the end of us."

Asher frowned as his expulsion was mentioned.

"That's only because people started spreading rumors and didn't even hear my side. Graverobbing? Please, I'm not some amateur necromancer."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: April 29, 2016, 12:10:44 pm »

Nikolai squinted a bit at Asher.

: Hmm... I'll believe you for now but do you know why people are so sensitive about that topic?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: April 29, 2016, 12:14:57 pm »

"What I'm getting at is that people have queer senses of honor, especially bad people. Where one person might kill women, there's just as much chance that they'd never betray you."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: April 29, 2016, 12:20:03 pm »

"I remember it's looked down on; it probably has to do with the whole "desecrating the dead" thing, right?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: April 29, 2016, 12:23:34 pm »

: Oh I get what you mean. It's usually the other way around, ain't it? Criminals usually stick together against the authority, but this guy turned into the authority. Unless I've been doing the criminal wrong all this time.

: That was before... I believe you're too young to know this but do you know about the Great Library of Veyriden and why it's sealed now right next to the generators?

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: April 29, 2016, 12:28:41 pm »

"I know of the library and that it was sealed; however, I don't know anything about why."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:22:28 pm by F.O.E. »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: April 29, 2016, 12:35:02 pm »

Kyle smirks.
"I guess we both have, eh? I mean, I wouldn't turn down a cushy job like that if it was offered to me."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: April 29, 2016, 12:46:13 pm »

Nikolai's expression changed for the first time from the usual "old coot look" to a more serious expression.

: Nobody likes talking about that, but I figure I should tell you before you make a terrible mistake. Nikolai cleared his throat.

: It was several years ago, when I was still representing Veyriden in the Council. A summoner, like you, had made a discovery in the Great Library related to permanently summoning spirits and those kinds of beings, some ancient magic, and I allowed the investigation to continue. I had a reunion with the Council so I couldn't check their progress.

: When I returned from the reunion, Veyriden was overrun with... shadow beings. A lot of them. Apparently they found a way to summon or create souls, taking whatever body they could: golems, shadows, people... Furthermore, they were fully conscious and sapient, so they had basically given life to a lot of things that shouldn't be alive. They caused damage to the whole city, and a bodyless conscience is very hard to remove.

: They have the same will to live than anyone else, so when they finally dealt with them, a lot of people couldn't handle what they had just done and killed themselves. I was responsible for the deaths of hundreds, and was removed from my position as representative.

: The Library was also sealed to prevent the accidental release of a piece of knowledge that causes a similar disaster. That's why you shouldn't delve too much into the secret of the souls, and why the Summoner Contract forbids you from attempting to summon permanently.

Nikolai went silent, and went back to staring at the front.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: April 29, 2016, 01:03:34 pm »

Asher was actually taken aback by the information, remaining silent for a moment to process his thoughts.

"I... I see. I guess that would explain everyone's actions, aside from the rumors anyway. I need some time to digest all that information, but thanks. If you'll excuse me..." Asher gave Nikolai a deep bow before leaving. He wandered the ship for a little bit before bumping into Catherine. He still looked kinda shaken up.

"Oh, Catherine! Neat ship, huh?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:05:34 pm by F.O.E. »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: April 29, 2016, 01:05:08 pm »

"We spoke before on that he might be able to help with your sickness. Obviously that is not the case now - I..." she trailed off for a moment. "...perhaps it was mercy, but that fails to set my soul at ease. He was not a man who deserved such a fate. Not at all."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 538