Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292586 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 6: End of the Line
« Reply #4680 on: April 23, 2016, 10:40:53 pm »

Senija took a breath in, Kyle's words having brought her back to the topic of killing good people, and then replied to him shakily, falling more and more apart as she continued to talk.
:"I... I hope you're right Albert, I hope we really really aren't dead, but I don't even know then how we got here. I mean, we're not zombies like... h-him, but... I'm sorry Albert, I'm so so so sorry Albert, if we're dead then I killed you and I killed Ketsuki and Lilly, and T-T-Tomik, and, even if we're not dead then I almost killed us all, and I could have, and then it's my fault we're in HELL, I'm suh-sorry, I just wanted to fix it so everyone wouldn't be fighting, a-and people wouldn't have to be captured, and so w-we wouldn't be caught in a horrible choice of life and death or jail then death or whatever horrible end, but then it all went so wrong, and everything fell when it wasn't supposed to, and I'm so so sorry!"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: April 23, 2016, 10:45:51 pm »

Tomik looked up at Lilly and shook his head.

"I... even if I was right about some of that, it doesn't mean what I did was right. I'm sure your family would have welcomed you. You're family."

He sighed and smiled slightly at her next comment.

"You're a bit ridiculous sometimes, you know that, right? I love you as you are. You don't need fixing. So you're scared. That's what friends are for. Everyone is scared sometimes but that's when they need people around them to help them. I... I wouldn't be where I was if it wasn't for Senija. There was one time... I thought I lost her. It was when we were first flying away from home. We flew through the desert and a sandstorm... Well we got separated. And I was terrified. Because I didn't know what I would do without her. And then... then I thought I was losing you when you wanted to leave. And it brought up all those same feelings. I guess what I'm saying is... I've seen what happens when we don't work out. And I want nothing to do with that. I want to make you happy. And I want to help you not be scared anymore."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: April 23, 2016, 10:59:39 pm »

Albert was silent, mouth open for a moment, before pulling her into a tight hug, letting her rest her head on his shoulder, patting her back.
  "H-hey.. I'm fine.." Albert mumbled, continuing to pat her. "You had no idea that any of this would happen when you did what you did. You did what you thought was right."
  "Even if it didnt work out in the way you wanted it to, you did it so then we wouldn't have to be in that situation. Even if this happened, I can't and I won't blame you for it."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: April 23, 2016, 11:13:22 pm »

"You don't understand. My parents never really cared for me. I was always the unwanted second child. Even though I tried my best, I was always too... different. I did... some stupid things to try to win their love. Some I regret more than others."

"The night I ran away from home, nine years ago, my mother, drunk, came after me with a knife. We fought. I accidentally pushed her down the stairs. She... landed... badly. I ran. I don't think I'm welcome there anymore, even if I still care about them."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: April 23, 2016, 11:17:44 pm »

She went and properly sobbed on his shoulder.
:"It just-- I just... messing up so hard, trying to find a way to just get out, and I screwed it all up so badly, I... I never never want to kill any of you, I don't want to kill you or Lilly or Tomik, but I almost did anyway, it all... it just makes me so damn sick. I don't know what to do... what if I try something and this happens again?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: April 23, 2016, 11:18:46 pm »

Tomik hesitated and then stood up and walked over to her. Hesitating once again, he gently folded her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry you've had to deal with that. No one should ever have to feel like they're unwanted. As for everything with your mother... I know this won't make anything feel better but you did what you needed to do to keep yourself safe. And... and if you're not wanted back with your birth family, know that you've found a new family here. Everyone here cares about you. You don't have to worry about being alone and unwanted here. Or that people will blame you for what happened. You were threatened and you did what you did to protect yourself. Everyone will understand that." And if they don't, I'll make them understand it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: April 23, 2016, 11:42:07 pm »

Albert continued to pat her, before gently pushing her away from him, so he could look her in the eyes.
  "Senija.. I.. I like to think that I know you. If something like this happened again, if we were given a choice like that again, I think you couldn't forgive yourself if you did nothing and one of us died or got hurt that way.." He squeezed her shoulders. "Even if you messed up, even if we're now.. What else could've happened? Us getting sent to jail and dying for our crimes? Letting the building fall on us? What you did was try to give us all a better choice. And I think that you shouldn't let this discourage you from doing the best you can. Learn from your mistakes, but never stop trying."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: April 23, 2016, 11:58:58 pm »

:"I wouldn't just stand there and do nothing... and... and you're right, I still shouldn't. But nothing is simple now... I do something and things happen afterwards that I never ever wanted. This is just the biggest example, it's so hard to figure out what I should do and what I shouldn't... you really aren't mad at me for co, for collapsing the wall on you...?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: April 24, 2016, 12:15:09 am »

"Well, I'm not walking away, am I? None of us can divine our futures. The best we can do is just to take a moment to think things though, when we can, and to learn from what we do. We're never perfect, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying to be."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: April 24, 2016, 12:26:20 am »

:"Yeah... yeah you're right... I shouldn't give up. I... thank you. Thank you so much. I-- I really just needed someone to help me figure this out I guess, and I'm still sick about what almost happened, but... thank you."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: April 24, 2016, 12:37:06 am »

"Well, yeah! When it comes to something as crushing as that amount of guilt, I think it's impossible to deal with by yourself..." He pulled her into another hug. "...But I won't leave you alone to deal with it, and I'm certain Tomik wouldn't either."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: April 24, 2016, 12:52:29 am »

She let out another sniffle as he hugged her again, and hugged him in return (kind of crushingly, but quite briefly, which would be amusing if not for the circumstances).
:"Thank you. It really does help a lot."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: April 24, 2016, 12:57:34 am »

She didn't protest the hug as Tomik drew her in, but for the moment her hands stayed loose, hanging at her sides.

"I mean, she's dead because of me. And... She wasn't even wrong. The reason our family still had any money after three years of terrible luck and investments..."

Lilly took a slow, deep breath. This was going to be the more difficult confession of the two.

"...was because I took a mistress contract. A respected general, Matthias Argent, wanted a son, and his wife was unable to provide one. I was sixteen then, and we were on the verge of losing everything when he made the offer to my father."

"And I thought, if I did this, maybe they would love me. I've lost so many things that were important to me. I've written letters to my son, one every week until Strohnban, and I don't know if he's ever gotten one. When we got to Alberal... he's the one I wanted to sneak in to Coriven to check on. I just... wanted to see how he's grown, if he's all right... If he's anything like me."

She wiped her eyes and looked away.

"I'm a terrible daughter and I don't think I would be much better a mother. I can't even manage a relationship with a guy that likes me. And that's why I think that if we're dead, maybe I'm better off this way."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: April 24, 2016, 01:58:36 am »

Laura, now able to walk again, passed around Lily and Tomik as they were arguing, and went to search for a tall cliff.

And she found one. There was one thing left to do...

She sat down at the edge, legs dangling off the cliff, and began staring at the blasted landscape.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: April 24, 2016, 02:27:46 am »

After a while, Kyle gets up and looks around before finally going sitting hiself next to Laura with a thoughtful expression.
"Well... looks like I hit a nerve in Senija. Tell me Laura, do you know what I was before I went with you guys?"
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 538