Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292097 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Prologue: Prison Break
« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2014, 11:54:14 pm »

Lilly grew bolder at the apparent tameness of the wyvern and returned the nudge by rubbing along Modra's snout, looking pleased.

"I see. My family was pretty strict, too... very religious, you know. A very... proper and important family in our hometown."

"I have a couple of siblings myself. Two brothers - one younger, one older - and a little sister. Heh. I used to terrorize her and get in trouble for it all the time - you know, hide her toys, draw on her face with charcoal, that sort of thing. There were times when I couldn't sit down for days."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 24, 2014, 12:00:14 am »

"Hmm, I always wondered what it'd be like to have a brother. And religious, huh? Can't say we had much of that. Some vague stuff but nothing serious. Dunno, never thought much about it. What's it like, growing up with that? Also looks like she's a fan of you. Course, Modra likes pretty much anyone that isn't trying to hurt me, Senija, or Ranzen. So you know. Wanna head up?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 24, 2014, 12:11:12 am »

"Well, my older brother is a LOT older. I mean, about fifteen years older. He was already part of the clergy as far back as I can remember. My younger brother John is the youngest of the four of us, about seven years younger than me, and I kinda feel like our parents coddled him a bit. I dunno. I was always closest to Ivy."

She shook her head a little after saying the name.

"Er. Mom liked gardening. So... her girls got to be Lilly and Ivy Rose. I remember sometimes when he was in a good mood Dad would joke about how she only married him for his family name."

"Growing up in a religious family is pretty... strict. No fun allowed. It's one of the reasons why I left."

Maybe she'd talk more about it later. For now, he had made an offer, and she nodded.

"Well, there's no time like the present. Let's give it a shot!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 24, 2014, 12:28:15 am »

"Right then. Lets go."

He pulled himself up onto Modra's back, and held out his hand to Lilly.

"Come on up plant girl."

He grinned at her as he did.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 24, 2014, 12:29:56 am »

Well, it really is that moment, huh...

"..." She looked at the ship. Unfortunately, while she knew how to sew sails, for example, or how to clean anchor out of scabs and mussels, she had no real maritime knowledge at all. She rubbed her forehead, and decided to not loiter under other's feet.

"I bet dad is going to disown me and my brothers gonna hunt me down, or something." Laura decided to sulk more.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:33:17 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 24, 2014, 12:30:45 am »

Lilly took Tomik's hand and pulled herself in the saddle behind him, then hugged his midsection in lieu of a better way to hold on.

"...All right, I think I'm as ready as I can be."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 24, 2014, 12:34:24 am »

"Mmmkay, hold on tight. Wouldn't want you falling off."

Whistling to Modra, Tomik tugged slightly on the reins. The wyvern sprung up into the air, the wind blowing sharply past her two riders.

"So the wind'll be a little loud, so you might need to talk louder than you expect for me to hear you. So why'd you leave your family? Also, where'd you learn your music? You have a pretty voice."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 24, 2014, 12:38:13 am »

Lilly nodded and hugged his stomach a little tighter with one arm, the other going to her guitar strap to secure it.

"Well, I kinda taught myself how to play. My parents bought me this guitar to keep me out of trouble and I think they were hoping I would put my musical talents toward performing for the church... but, I mean, I can play and sing hymns and all but I kinda like playing other music more, y'know, coming up with my own stuff and playing it for crowds."

"And thanks! I'm glad you think so too."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 24, 2014, 12:50:37 am »

Noting the reluctance to talk about her family, Tomik moved onto new topics.

"Well you've done a good job teaching yourself. Your music is really bolstering. Helps me focus or something. And your voice fits you. It will be nice to have you around. I hope that if we do end up fighting more that it doesn't cause you too much pain. I'm not entirely convinced us breaking out like that was the best idea but... I couldn't leave Senija by herself. She's my sister. Couldn't abandon her, you know?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:54 am »

"Yeah, I understand. I... I dunno. I'm torn on it. I'm just so happy to be free of that cell after weeks, but... I just wish we could've been let go like normal people. It's not like we did anything bad, right?"

Then it occurred to her she didn't actually know what they had thrown Tomik in jail for.

"Speaking of, is it OK if I ask what you were there for?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 24, 2014, 01:01:03 am »

Tomik half chuckled but it turned into a frown quickly.

"Course it is. Well uh... There was this officer. Liked the way my sister looked. Didn't take into account her temper but uh... well, lets just say he put his hands somewhere they didn't belong. So she introduced his face to her hand. Hard. I simply prevented him from returning the favor. Buuuut, we were just lowly mercenaries and he was several ranks above us. Insubordination, striking a superior officer, think they tossed a couple other things on there as well. So the creep's still out there. Though he will have a crooked nose for the rest of his life. She made sure of that."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 24, 2014, 01:03:10 am »

"Oh, I-I see."

"I can't fault you for wanting to defend your sister from a creep like that. He deserved everything he got."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 24, 2014, 01:06:33 am »

"Wish I coulda given him some of my thoughts on the matter, In form of fists. But, I barely managed to stop him from hitting her. Just grabbed his arm when others arrived. Pulled me off him, grabbed Senija, next thing we knew, we were locked up. It sucks. Wish I could have protected her. That's my job. I'm supposed to protect others. Mostly all I'm good at, actually."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 24, 2014, 01:10:10 am »

"No, that's a good thing. People need protecting. I mean, don't be down on yourself like that."

"Speaking of, why choose being a mercenary?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 24, 2014, 01:13:03 am »

"Well, our parents told us that we needed to go out into the world, see more than our isolated little mountain town. So we headed out and, well, the two of us, it's what we're good at. We're fighters. Dunno how bad Senija got during this battle, I was down for a good chunk of it. She's just a bit... Well, I go calm, she goes wild. But, we fight well. It's an easy way to make money, easy way to travel around the world, all that. You know?"
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 538