Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292099 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 3x: The Lost And The Damned
« Reply #2520 on: April 03, 2015, 12:59:39 am »

"If you want this artifact so badly, why don't you help them get it? And why not just let me go and give me back my guitar? I don't think I'm dangerous, and it's not like I could get away."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: April 03, 2015, 04:46:51 pm »

Oh please... Where is the fun in that? Not to mention that when they or anybody found out what it was, if my info is right, they just wouldn't give it away without me having proper leverage... Speaking of it-

Silence and loneliness again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: April 04, 2015, 01:19:36 am »

Alessa frowned, and pricked her armor with a finger to enjoy the sudden and subtle static jump.

"I think we need more information. Harold, do you have any clue or lead as to the importance of this room? Can't we try breaking the walls to check the locking mechanisms of these buttons? Orientation of the lettering, or the age of the numbers? I'll just press a button to test what they do. Anything with the floor? No? I'm moving."

Press the North button.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: April 04, 2015, 04:58:08 am »

*click* A dart shot straight at Alessa, injecting her with paralyzing toxin.

Quote from: Whoops wrong button
Hit: 90. Roll: 74.
Alessa has a chance to be paralyzed at the start of every turn!

: ...Well, at least now we know it's not that one that goes first, that trap shot faster than when I pressed the east button.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: April 04, 2015, 06:13:52 am »

"Argh, why did you do that!? We were just told that the correct first button was the east one. Were you not paying attention or something?

Well, at least we got a slight amount of information. But was it worth the price?"

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:27:09 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: April 04, 2015, 07:35:24 am »

"Nah, I'm just being selfish."

With that, Alessa tries the WEST button.

"Look at it this way. Y'all are prisoners from Ixion--you matter more given your ally is in danger. I am but a bodyguard to Nikolai--and coupling my...static armor and this dark which caught a chink in the plating? It is very well worth the price."

She managed a smile. At least Zane could know what she was talking about, given that they were more the outliers of the group.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: April 04, 2015, 07:38:57 am »

"HOLD IT! You IDIOT! Seeming martyr complex notwithstanding there isn't even a guarantee the traps will only go for you in the first place. There might be a strike rule that brings down the whole building on our heads. We KNOW you're doing the wrong thing so STOP! Didn't you hear the purple guy telling us the east button was the right first choice!?"

Yelling fairly loudly, Abel attempts to stop Alessa.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:47:05 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: April 04, 2015, 07:44:11 am »

"I was pretty much testing your theory. If we divide the directions by cardinal points, assuming East equals the number two, then press east twice, and shift either north or south."

Alessa withheld her non-frantic button pressing as Abel stopped her.

"I'll test pressing East twice?"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: April 04, 2015, 07:53:13 am »

"You're missing the point. Firstly, dividing it by cardinal directions might be a basis but it isn't going to work since we have five numbers. Secondly, even if we assume one of them doesn't refer to a direction, the numbers one and two can't correspond to a point while the others do, not logically at least. There's still something to it that we haven't thought about yet and you're just doing things based off of pure guesswork. Under controlled conditions we could probably figure it out eventually but we can't afford the risk that there's a limited amount of failures before something catastrophic like a building collapse occurs. More data is useful but that method is inefficient. Don't press buttons randomly on your own. We need to be coordinated, at least one person per button."
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: April 04, 2015, 08:42:53 am »

"Good point taken. Zane, you take North. I'll take East. Two others position themselves at the other two buttons--as Harold presumably mentioned before, there's either a timer from his run, or this should be pressed in quick sequence. Which is rather infuriating if given East equals "2". I believe 3/1 or 9/6 are mirrors of each other after the Eastern button is pressed after the first 'sequence'. Problem is...guessing what "3" stands for. We can then try that mirror again, if its the same button or the opposite button...though I'm overcomplicating it since that'll only leave 3 other buttons than East, and there are 4 numbers. Heh, reminds me of an old Ixionite legend of the sun and the stars. Astrologers used a clock and positioned it around a circle with skylights to guide the way."

She stood by the Eastern button.

"Harold, think back please. What happened after you pressed the Eastern button? How long was it? Minutes? Did the trap spring while you were running to the South one? Does this matter if its related to a clock-like sequence?"

"Also I'm refuting your catastrophic failure scenario, unless somehow the architect of this place was ancient-crazy. If I was designing this to thwart grave robbers, I'd crash down the passages instead of set measly traps, which progress in difficulty as the number of mistakes rise. It's...a very superficial way of saying 'use your wits', really. And what I'm doing is trial and error--sans the North button. I really didn't hear Harold back then."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:51:09 am by Tiruin »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 04, 2015, 08:58:41 am »

Abel sighs.

"Fine, I'll help if it's necessary."

The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: April 04, 2015, 09:09:56 am »

"Right, so let's make this simple then. I'm either thinking too hard, or the paralysis is affecting my brain and the static is jolting these thoughts. Or something else without the condescension."

"But anyway. 233926112 is the code. I believe the '2' is symbolic. It can be a timer, or the number of buttons pressed-or rather anything. What we do know is that East is the origin. Now I believe, that if we represent the rest of the numbers by a cardinal correlation (3 = East), and press them in that order, we can check if it has any merit at all. East, twice, then West, then South, then North twice."

"If this fails, poison's on me. Wait, Zane, get to the East button, I'll go South. If my guess if off, then at least nobody else will be harmed other than...well, me and Zane."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: April 04, 2015, 09:11:23 am »

Laura yawned aloud.

"What if... what if the 2's are there to just screw with us?... so that's 336911... or we get rid of 1's too..." Laura paused to let out another yawn. "So that's 3369 and if brother guy said he pushed east first that's a 3 there so the sequence would be... would be... east twice, south then west? And then we can just push north twice in place of 1's, if nothing's gonna happen yet..." She rubbed her face and grumbled. Tiredness was annoying her.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: April 04, 2015, 09:15:35 am »

: I already said I couldn't reach it in time. And after seeing you press that I'm positive the East one is the first one to press. It does seem like it has something to do with the numbers on a clock...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: April 04, 2015, 09:34:21 am »

Alessa nodded, feeling pretty deflated at the moment.

"She got the point. Are we ready to test this out? Or is there any other planning put into mention? Harold, are you really sure you don't have any other info you'd like to share? I'd like anyone to keep watch for the traps in case anything gets sprung. Harold didn't see what occurred, but since we're all here, we're able to do that."

"Whose temple was this, and who made it, by the way? I'm only an Ixion commoner. No knowledge of this for me."
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 538