Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292183 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 3: The City Under The Sand
« Reply #2235 on: March 12, 2015, 06:45:07 pm »

"Hush, hush. You're safe and high."

The spiralling of the world was making her feel slightly nauseous.
"I think I'll sit here for a second. Shall I tell you a story? Be brave and cease those tears, now."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 12, 2015, 06:49:09 pm »

Kyle seeing as everyone left decides to go to carouse at a local pub.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: March 12, 2015, 07:05:19 pm »

"N..No! I'm not going to stop crying! I'm sorry but I can't and its because you won't climb down and let us be safe!" Albert shook his head as he clutched the chimney harder. This was it. Not by the prison guards, not by the army, not by anyone but the now insane swordswoman who just a couple of hours earlier consoled him. All of this was just too much, and Albert cried harder. This is how he dies...
  "Lamden.. I'm sorry.. I guess I never managed to look at your arm... Ketsuki.. Please just stop..." Alberts sobbing was interrupting his talking, his nose now running, along with tears from his eyes.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 12, 2015, 07:22:44 pm »

"Stop? Stop what, my frie..."
Oh spirits, she felt really nauseous now. The moons weren't dancing anymore, and most of them had gone away now.
She was going to-

Some poor soul was going to get quite the surprise down their chimney. Oh, spirits.. what had...?

She looked at the sobbing Albert. She looked around. She was on a building top. Her head was bleeding.

What.

"Excuse me, Albert? I would greatly appreciate knowing why we are on a rooftop, you are crying, and it feels rather strongly like I have a concussion."

Her memories of the last little while were strangely foggy, as if... magic.

"Were we assaulted by mages? Mind magic would explain this somewhat..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: March 12, 2015, 08:01:21 pm »

Harlan paused on his journey and listened. He could have sworn that he just heard the faint sound of sobbing in the air...but looking around, he saw no one. The thief shrugged and resumed walking.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: March 12, 2015, 08:01:33 pm »

Albert looked up from his sobbing, his eyes almost completely red. He sniffed a couple of times, and looked at Ketsuki.
  "Y...You touched a staff and you... Became insane.." He was still clinging to the chimney, not even using an arm to wipe the tears and snot off his face.
  "I'm so scared... I just want to go home, but I don't even have one!" Albert sobbed harder at that, and unhooked an arm from the chimney to wipe his face, but stumbled, and slipped. He slid towards the edge, until he was hanging off the edge, his arms finding some purchase on the roof.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 12, 2015, 08:05:46 pm »

Alessa thought a lot during the walk. This band of people certainly had their...merry ways in things, though they also were quite an interesting folk. Nobody ever told her of the stories one hears as a travel companion, and this was literally her first time!

She kept her silence, nodding and being the influential background to Tomik's affluential foreground, until he had inquired about the trinket store.

Alessa follows in after Tomik.

"Well... If you mean my attack, he didn't choose to surrender until my lance tip was almost at his throat. At that point, there was little I could do. I attempted to pull my strike back but... If you're talking about afterwards, when he was barely clinging onto life, it was Harlan who gave the finishing blow, though others would have done the same. If I had to guess at their reasoning, I suspect it is because we simply cannot afford to have a prisoner right now. The risk of him escaping along the way here is too great, and we would have just been bringing him here to his death. Giving him the last act of mercy... allowing him to die in battle as opposed to by a rope... I can see where someone would view that as the honorable way of ending his life. In battle... you can rarely afford to give someone a chance to surrender. There is too much that can go wrong with it, and it leaves you less aware of what is happening around you. You should be more willing to take a life if you are going to continue as a mercenary or guard."

"So...I've been thinking. That one question I said I was going to ask back in the desert: Who exactly are you people, and what goal brings you all together?"

Warning - while you were typing 37 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

((Totally didn't not post this due to net issues.))

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: March 12, 2015, 08:16:32 pm »

"Ah, well... We're... Bah, we're out of Ixion, it's probably safe to tell you. We're a group of escaped prisoners. We've been fleeing their guards ever since. Right now, all that really bands us together is the fact that we needed to escape safely. I suppose... I suppose we might all go our own way at this point. The man who helped us escape was one of the prophets I'm sure you've heard about. He went to go inspect the mountains where everything is supposed to happen and asked that we distract the military by making a fuss as we escaped. Which we certainly did... So I don't really know what's holding us together beyond our friendships."

Then the mage who'd been introduced to them... Abel? appeared out of nowhere seemingly.

"Well, I have some experience with merchants trying to cheat me, but I suppose I can appreciate the offer of help."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 12, 2015, 08:43:56 pm »

"!"

Ketsuki lunged, seizing his arm. Her other hand wrapped around the chimney, and she hauled Albert up, grunting slightly with the effort.

She held the sobbing priest to her so he wouldn't slip again.

"You are not in danger anymore. I have you firmly. No magic ensares my mind. By the spirits, this is mortifying. I am sorry, Albert."

She'd hold him until he calmed down, then she could carry him down. She patted him in what she hoped was a comforting way on the back, as she would a distressed puppy, making soothing noises. How had she managed to get up here, anyway? The building was almost sheer.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 12, 2015, 08:48:39 pm »

"Well, it's really only an issue if they can tell you don't know what you're talking about. You look confident and experienced so I doubt anyone would try to deceive you in the first place."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 12, 2015, 09:13:04 pm »

Albert, for his part was just deathly quiet, except for the sound of his breathing. After a short while, he finally said something.
  "I just want to go home. But I can't. So I just want to get down."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 12, 2015, 09:17:09 pm »

"Loop your arms around my neck, then, and cling to my back."

She turned around, crouching, and assuming he did so, climbed down carefully - it felt like she'd sprained her arm catching Albert, if not a temporary dislocation.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 12, 2015, 09:17:49 pm »

Zane had taken the seat Abel had abandoned, and realized after a start that he must have fallen asleep.
He looked around, everyone else had left, and there was a faint smell of alcohol in the air, seeming to come from a small puddle in the corner.
That's worrying.

He got up and walked outside, looking about the city.
Pretty unimpressive. The lights really could use replacing around here, as dim as it was. And people always made fun of his bright robes, even though they came in handy to be spotted down here. Jerks.

He walked down a street, passing by a pub and trinket shop that looked, in his opinion, pretty shady.
He heard what sounded like a familiar voice screaming through the air. Probably some idiot breaking one of the magic lights or something.

He found a bench over by a random building on the side of the street and sat down to look up at the sky.
Something looked off about it. Shoddy craftsmanship, probably.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 13, 2015, 04:08:34 am »

Now feeling RATHER better, the apology's being accepted and the travel time having done her a wealth of good, Senija was humming a cheerful tune kinda loudly to herself as she wandered down the super-cool-underground-city. Seriously, this place was just... awesome!

And it was in such a light-hearted mood that she wandered up to someone whose mood was decidedly opposite, sitting on a random bench.
:"Oh hey, uh... mageguy... Zane, right?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 13, 2015, 04:09:44 am »

"Wait..."

When Lilian ran off, Laura for a moment considered shouting after her, but then decided to run and catch up with her instead.

Few minutes later, Laura was red on her face and leaning against a light post, huffing like a dragon after some hero-slaying. She then looked around, noticing that she had no sight of Lilian at all.

Think Laura, think! Where did your mother or older sister go when they were troubled?...

The cogs have spun in entirely wrong direction, though.

Yes, that's it!

Laura seeks a temple or some other house of worship.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 538