Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292172 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 3: The City Under The Sand
« Reply #2220 on: March 12, 2015, 04:14:09 pm »

Albert gave the selection of staves a good look over, before looking back at his own. Turning to look at Ketsuki, he prepared to go into great detail.
  "Well, I can recognize just about all of them. There are the healing staves, along with mend staves which work a lot better, but break more easily due to the increased flow of magic, which places a higher strain on the crystal. We've then got Antidote staves, and soothe staves."
  "Soothe staves are useful, as they can induce a relaxed state on the target, though they also act as countermeasures against some of the staves that inflict ailments by interfering with the spell channels that they use, breaking the effect. It seems as though there's also a stave that acts as a proof against offensive magic, most likely by applying a lattice of wards around the target, though without a sustained casting, the wards use ambient magic to work, and fade.. You see if it was sustained casting, the staff itself would most likely suffer, the spells woven though the wood and into the crystal tend to easily warp the materials. Finally, it seems as though we have a staff for those who find it hard to get some proper sleep, inducing a magical sleep, though only for a short time. A staff that seems to slow things down.. And a staff that applies poison, which.. I can't really think of a non-violent use for. Finally a staff that seems to act as a ke-" It was then, that Ketsuki touched the staff. Albert bit his lip.
  "Oh. That's never good." Turning to look at Ketsuki, he gave a worried frown. "K-ketsuki, focus on me, please. You're suffering from an accidental discharge, you need to focus on me until the shopkeeper is able to remove its effects."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 12, 2015, 04:19:44 pm »

Laura didn't want to. But had to. After all have left to do their stuff, Laura decided to at least try. She went after Lilian.

She walked to her side and then made her best effort to begin this in a good way!

"Uhhh!"

Laura might not be the best diplomat, unfortunately.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 12, 2015, 04:25:04 pm »

"Oooh. That is.. huh."
While it was an interesting sensation, the room spinning like that was making her feel a little queasy. Albert had been rude enough to split into duplicates. What, was she not good enough company?
"I... think I'll wait outside until you turn the building off."
Stumbling slightly, the normally graceful swordswoman stepped outside through at least one door.

Oh, it was spinning here too.

"Interesttingg magic place, thiiis."
There were at least four moons dancing in the sky now.
Pretty.

Ketsuki wondered if there was somewhere she could get closer to the pretty moons.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 12, 2015, 04:27:10 pm »

"My, my. Quite a few people have gone off to play oh so quickly...

"Well, I'll wander around and try to make sure they aren't in any trouble. If you need me, just cause a minor commotion. I'll notice quickly enough."

Head off around the city, randomly walking into one of the groups (excluding the Laura/Lilian one.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:32:26 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: March 12, 2015, 04:34:47 pm »

Albert slowly put a hand to his face. This was going to be worse than the time he had accidentally tripped and managed to splatter his breakfast all over one of the senior priests at the church. He just knew it.
  "Sir I'm really sorry, but my friend's wandered outside. I'll try to get her back into the shop, again I am so sorry, please don't be mad at both of us." And with that, Albert hurried out of the door, spotting Ketsuki stumbling slightly. Moving up to her, he tried to get into her path.
  "Ketsuki, listen to me! You have to return to the shop!"
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: March 12, 2015, 04:43:25 pm »

The staffkeeper rummaged about the backstore for a second before pulling out an ornate staff and turn back to Albert, but Ketsuki had already ran off.

Okay just close your eyes and... Oh no please tell me she didn't go out in that state.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: March 12, 2015, 04:49:29 pm »

Wandering around the city, Abel notices Tomik heading into the trinket shop and follows after him.

"Ah, you with the... strange teal-gold armor and pale hair."

Catching up fairly quickly, he begins to talk.

"You were with those visitors, weren't you? You seemed to have some important business to take care of. Judging by your possession of all 10 fingers, I'll assume it went smoothly.
Be careful in the stores around here by the way. Some of the more unscrupulous merchants may try to foist useless trinkets onto you if they think you don't know your magical left from right. I'll make sure you don't get ripped off if you want to purchase anything."
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: March 12, 2015, 04:59:11 pm »

"Heyyy... Albert. Let's visit the moons. Up you come!"
With a single smooth movement Ketsuki seized the priest and hoisted him over her shoulder.
"We can return to the sky instead!"

That building looked good for climbing. It might just be the swimming vision, but she was pretty sure it had plenty of handholds. She wondered whether the moon felt cold from being so high up, or warm, from the glow.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: March 12, 2015, 05:13:05 pm »

"Ketsuki what are you planni-!" Albert was picked up, and for a couple of moments he was still as he was trying to figure out just.. How to deal with this situation. He then began to thrash against Ketsuki's grip, trying to make her at least stop on the climbing idea... If she climbed up there and fell..... Albert wouldn't let that happen.
  "Ketsuki, stop it! I don't want either of us to get hurt!"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: March 12, 2015, 05:30:47 pm »

"Gah! Stop wiggling, the lot of you."

The various Alberts were kicking and thrashing, but she was sure she could overcome. She did a standing leap that took her a decent height, and even with one arm, she managed to make decent progress up the building. She only reached for a grip that wasn't actually there once, and cracking her head against the stone, she had enough time to latch onto a protrusion before she and the squirming priest toppled to their deaths.
"Seee? No problem."

She perched for a moment on a small ledge, looking upwards, holding the Alberts firmly so one of them didn't fall. The moons didn't really seem any closer, still dancing that seductive swirl.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: March 12, 2015, 05:43:36 pm »

Albert was sure that he was going to die. Ketsuki was so far removed from reality that.. He was afraid that she would jump when they got to the highest point, to 'get even closer'. He almost wanted to cry, but he couldn't give up yet, right?
  "Ketsuki please stop trying to reach the moon. Please. If you don't, then I will have to stop you. Please..." He spoke quietly, but firmly.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: March 12, 2015, 05:55:06 pm »

Pausing momentarily, Abel mutters to himself.

"I'm somehow getting the feeling that somewhere, some terrible things are happening...

"Oh well, I'm sure it doesn't matter. To me, at least."

The circle is complete.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: March 12, 2015, 06:04:29 pm »

Lilly looked at Laura.

"...Don't bother. You were right. I won't get in the way anymore. Sorry I dragged you into this."

With that, she turned and ran away, likely getting away quite easily considering how slow the armored woman was, and didn't stop until she was thoroughly lost.

A bar... Well, why not?

Lilly heads to a bar.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:16:08 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 12, 2015, 06:10:14 pm »

Ketsuki smiled.
"Dun worry, my friends. Movement is life."
She shifted her bundle from her shoulder to under her arm and lunged upwards again before the Alberts(?) could take advantage.
"Stillness is death."
She reached the roof and placed it down, sitting back against a protusion - a chimney or something - to watch the moon dance.
"You wouldn't want me dead, would you Ann?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 12, 2015, 06:30:57 pm »

"K...Ketsuki.. P-please.. I don't want to die..." Alberts voice had now broke, and he was finally starting to cry. He didn't know what to do. His staff might just make everything worse and Ketsuki was just becoming more and more insane. He clung tight to the chimney, looking away from the edge. If... If he had to, he'd have to stop her.
  "P..Please! Please just climb down!"
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 538