Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292129 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 3: The City Under The Sand
« Reply #2130 on: March 09, 2015, 06:47:42 pm »

"I am glad to help, my holy friend."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 09, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »

"Yeah. Ah, you're injured.. I'm sorry, I've been so occupied with that... Uhm.. Doesn't that hurt?" Albert picked up his staff, and tapped Ketsuki with it, healing her wounds.
  "Is this the result of your training? You talked and listened for so long when you could've just asked.."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 09, 2015, 07:29:16 pm »

"It did hurt, yes, but well within tolerable levels. Almost any pain that can be inflicted on a battlefield is nothing to me. To give into pain is to give into panic, and panic is the little-death that oblivion follows." She nodded in thanks. "My wounds would not have been lethal without treatment for at least a few hours, so there was no need to rush treatment. You were more in need than I."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 09, 2015, 08:30:37 pm »

"Ketsuki... You'd place me above yourself? Thats.. Really selfless, and admirable... But sometimes.. Maybe its best to tell me when you get wounded. You may not give into the pain, but that doesn't mean that you can't acknowledge it."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 09, 2015, 08:40:26 pm »

"As I said, you were in more need than I, at the time. It is nothing to thank me over."
She stretched, feeling the skin knitting together as the wounds finished sealing themselves.
"Now, I believe I have a blade I should sharpen, and no doubt you have others to attend to."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 09, 2015, 08:52:50 pm »

"Ah, yeah, I have to make sure that everyone else is doing okay, or well.. At least healed. I guess I'll talk to you later, Ketsuki." Albert gave a small nod, then turned and walked to where mostly everyone else was.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 10, 2015, 12:59:20 am »

"A girl you've banged?!"

"...!"

Lillian turned away.

...Is that all she thinks of me as? I thought of her as a friend...

Tomik and Laura proceeded to get into a shouting match; Lilly instead walked back to the temple Harold had come out of. She wanted to be alone for a minute.

...Maybe that's what they all think of me as. I know I can't fight, or do anything useful... I'm just a burden on everyone... They'd probably be better off not having to worry about if I'm all right or not...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 10, 2015, 01:47:06 am »

After finishing his conversation with Laura, Tomik was about to chase after Senija, when he noticed that Lily was missing too. Groaning, he ran a hand through his hair. Senija or Lily, Senija or Lily... Senija just needed to cool off. This was a common thing, and he knew that realistically, him chasing after her wouldn't help her calm down sooner. He looked around but didn't see her, so he figured the best place to go would be to the temple, since she'd been so excited about it before. He managed to catch up to her, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"Hey there. Come on now. I'm here, talk to me, please."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 10, 2015, 01:54:19 am »

Lilly had finished crying by the time Tomik finished with Senija and Laura, and he found her studying a sarcophagus. She jumped and trembled slightly as he hugged her from behind.

"Yai! Don't... scare me like that, Tomik..."

"I thought you might have been a zombie or something..."

She gave him a quick, if troubled, smile over her shoulder and returned to studying the ruins.

"I mean, it's all interesting, but I can't read these runes. I guess without finding any tools or artifacts or anything that might have belonged here, this is basically a bust."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 10, 2015, 01:57:15 am »

"Oh no! You've discovered my secret. I'm secretly an undead monster. Good thing you found out. Would have been ugly otherwise. Would have had to bite a whole lot of people. So, you just came here to look at this stuff? That's good. I was worried when you just disappeared like that."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 10, 2015, 02:08:34 am »

Tomik was... acting silly to cheer her up? Lilly tucked her hair behind her ear, finger idly playing with the end of it.

"I thought dead things were supposed to be cold to the touch."

She patted his hands where they encircled her.

"Er, yeah. There was a lot of... unpleasantness going on out there, with that desert bandit guy, and Harlan, and Laura, and everything... I just thought, y'know, I'd get out from underfoot and all."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 10, 2015, 02:15:40 am »

Releasing her and walking around so he was looking into her eyes, Tomik smiled at her.

"Hey, no matter what's going on, you're not going to be unwanted, I promise. I'm really sorry that all of that happened though. I wish it hadn't had to go like that... I just..."

He sighed. He didn't want to tell her that he'd been the one to make the decision to kill the man. He didn't want to know how that would change how she viewed him. But... didn't he need to be honest?

"Look... the truth is... I'm the one who decided Harlan should kill him. I... I thought it was best. If my swing had been a little bit stronger, he would have died anyways, and the difference between giving him the final mercy right after a battle and finishing him in battle is so small... Plus even if we'd healed him and taken him to town, he would have been killed anyways. Saving him just risked him escaping. But I... I don't like that I made that decision. It's... It's part of why I was yelling at Laura. I was trying to distract everyone else but... also myself. As if I could get away from that. When I can't."

He sat down on the ground, staring at his hands.

"His blood is on my hands, even if Harlan was the one to place the final blow. Those are the decisions I need to make as leader. I... don't think I like it at all."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 10, 2015, 02:27:36 am »

Lilly studied his eyes as he spoke.

"No, I uh, I understand. I mean, people like him... and I guess, us, now... we don't have much of a choice, you know? If we brought him in, he would have been executed or sent to Stronbahn to rot, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody. And if we left him alive, he might've hurt more people, or reported us. Killing him now, was... well, I guess it was the best thing to do. Let him die with dignity than locked up in some cell or 'dancing at the end of a rope' as a show for the villagefolk, you know?"

"For what it's worth, you have my support, at least. Maybe Harlan's too."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 10, 2015, 02:32:23 am »

"It was Harlan's idea, I just... He surrendered. And... And then there's Laura who's been feeling left out and isolated and Kyle who I don't even know what is going on with him and... I sometimes just wish that you and I could just fly away. Leave all this behind, go find some lonely mountain to live on until everything dies down. But... I called myself the leader today. Which means I can't run away."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 10, 2015, 02:38:48 am »

"No, I saw it happen. He didn't surrender until it was too late to stop. I mean, once a wyvern is diving, it's kinda hard to stop its momentum, I'd imagine. I mean it sounds kind of rude to say it, but it was his own fault for waiting as long as he did if he was going to stand down..."

Lilly sighed.

"I'd like that, too, Tomik. But even living in fear and worry... it's better than being cooped up. I mean, we may have to watch our backs, but, at least we can go where we will, you know?"

She leaned back against him slightly.

"I would miss you if you ran away."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:45:57 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 538