Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292245 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 2: Unexpected Guests
« Reply #1470 on: January 20, 2015, 01:15:47 pm »

: "W..Well then.."
Albert seemed at a minor loss for words, being told that your country is bad only helps to illuminate the other issues that he had saw, the gambling army leader, the fact that they would throw away people for life over a prophecy, the tax payer..
: "I suppose that explains your reaction when I said that I was from an Ixion church.. Truth be told, I was lead to believe that the prophets were just heretics, but that may be entirely wrong.. How else could Mason have light magic?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 20, 2015, 01:23:15 pm »

: "Skepticism has its merits, indeed no-one would go anywhere if we were all to listen the ravings of just anyone. But blind denial isn't something to be encouraged either. When so much of the prophecy has come to pass, it is at least worth investigating." Lamden nodded towards Albert, "Unfortunately, Ixion seems to prefer control over reason. I always hoped there could be a diplomatic solution between them and Alberal. Alas, the present situation says otherwise."
: "Don't be ashamed though, lad. Light casts differently on the same lands with each passing day, and so too does our knowledge about the world."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 20, 2015, 01:27:11 pm »

Kyle approaches the two priests. He looks kind of... nervous? Yes, nervous.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 20, 2015, 01:41:37 pm »

: "It's still quite a shock though, to be told that quite a large amount of the things you believe in and think about are wrong, or deeply flawed. For Ixion to be that antagonistic about this.."
Albert scratched the side of his head,and put his chin on his hand as if in thought.
:"That is true, I have everyone here to thank for that. You, Tomik.. I don't think I'd really learn all of this if I was still at the church."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 20, 2015, 01:52:56 pm »

: "Don't sell yourself short, lad. 'Wrong' may be a bit too strong for-"
Just now Lamden notices Kyle standing nearby.
: "Oh, blast it. I was stuck in another rambling spree again wasn't I? You were one of the men with the pirates, correct? Apologies if I was being a bit too loud."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 20, 2015, 01:56:03 pm »

Kyle shakes his head.
  "No, not at all. I was figuring on the off chance that I don't follow you guys around for a while I'd ask something I've been wanting to ask a priest."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 20, 2015, 02:05:49 pm »

: "Well, both of us are outlaws and I... well, I'm not exactly a 'priest' per se. But if you have a question that pertains to matters of faith, have at it. I will answer as best I can."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 20, 2015, 02:09:41 pm »

Kyle mulls over what he's going to say for a few moments before sighing and shrugging.
  "Well, you have to know I've killed.... pretty much anyone who didn't just hand over their cargo to the captain... well, I know I already got absolved for my quest by my old priest but... I wanted to know if the gods would forgive me for what I've done."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 20, 2015, 02:12:22 pm »

"Yeah I guess... Just... Worry I'm a bit young to be in charge and all. And, you know, what if I mess up, make us do something stupid and get half the group killed? It'd be my fault because these people trusted me and I... I will have let them down."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 20, 2015, 02:19:24 pm »

Lamden pondered a few moments, scratching his chin.
: "I know not whom your old priest follows. But to me and my kinsmen, the sea on which pirates sail lies in the domain of Velahua, Queen of Rolling Waves. For her, I cannot possibly answer in any direct fashion."
: "The sea represents a kind of freedom from the usual laws and rules of land. While it is true that pirates exercise this freedom in spades, they often do so at the expense of others' will. Even worse, these deeds were done at the expense of your will, am I correct?" Lamden explained as he recollected, glancing at Albert with a curious look.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 20, 2015, 02:46:08 pm »

Harlan shrugged.

: "Age has nothing to do with leadership abilities. As for your fear of failure...well, if you were a slumlord and messed up that badly you wouldn't get to live long enough to feel upset about it. Consider that motivation to do your best."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 20, 2015, 02:49:07 pm »

Albert also pondered, waiting until Lamden was finished, letting out a barely audible "hmm". When Lamden finished, he exhaled though his nose.
: "I too do not know what your sea-priest follows, but my religion would condemn you for a painful fate without much chance at redemption.." Albert closed his eyes, and spoke quietly, as if the things he was about to say were 'wrong'.
: "B..But maybe that too, is wrong. It deals only with absolutes, I think that.. If you were unaware of what you had to do, before you were put into a situation where you had to kill or be killed, then maybe, just maybe if you dealt with the consequences of those unneeded deaths, you wouldn't be put into a hell.."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 21, 2015, 02:02:32 pm »

Some time later, Haibach returned, still wet from the swim. The pirate captain passed by his crew on his way to Harlan and the rest.

: I'll deal with you salty dogs later.

Haibach reached the party, produced a map from a bag and planted it in front of everyone.

: Here's your map. It only has marked the locations of the bigger ports, and I also marked where we are now.

Spoiler: Haibach's map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:08:21 pm by Solymr »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 21, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »

"Yes, it is true I did things I didn't want to do..."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 21, 2015, 02:22:59 pm »

Lamden nodded both to Albert and Kyle.
: "Then without a doubt, penance is in order. How you do so, however, is beyond my ken."
: "If I were to take a page out of the people of northern Alberal, those closest to the sea goddess, I would suggest this: Do not let yourself be ruled. Find a way to do what you see as good, interference be damned, and help others realize their own will in life. Of course, if you stumble upon anyone who has been affected by your actions, I would suggest you do what you can to help alleviate their troubles. Though, that's more my suggestion than the sea goddess'."
: "There's my two coins' worth, as a lay follower. I don't think I can say much more."
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 538