Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2023]  (Read 27732 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2020]
« Reply #300 on: October 15, 2014, 03:07:06 pm »

So, our troop transports seem okay, but do we want a mechanized force?  100 BTRs and 200 BMPs.  7 troops in each.  7*300=2100.  We have 100k, and can transport 2.1k people.  Problem?  Maybe for next turn?
I posted about that earlier. Men can also ride unprotected on the top outside of combat. I'm not sure if it's assumed that we have generic covered trucks for moving everyone else or if they all just have to march. Transport copters could be nice for ferrying troops.

Can someone re-post the proposition for this transport device?

So, our troop transports seem okay, but do we want a mechanized force?  100 BTRs and 200 BMPs.  7 troops in each.  7*300=2100.  We have 100k, and can transport 2.1k people.  Problem?  Maybe for next turn? 

I think ~40,000 should be able to be transported by these vehicle's but that's my opinion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 15, 2014, 03:08:23 pm »

Tank desant is something we'd want to avoid if we can though. Though in regards for the helicopters, why not make something like the hind? Best of both worlds means we simplify what we need to supply.

Also, I doubt that arming more than a division's worth of troops with mechanised vehicles would be wise for our fuel reserves.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2014, 03:16:44 pm »

Can someone re-post the proposition for this transport device?

I think ~40,000 should be able to be transported by these vehicle's but that's my opinion.
I don't think anyone's proposed a transport vehicle so far. I was talking about the APCs we already have.

Both those APCs only have a passenger capacity of 7, and we have 300 of them total, so I don't see where you're getting that math. 10+ guys could still ride on top of them unprotected outside of combat-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-but that's only an additional 3000, plus they're vulnerable to ground fire, but if a column gets hit by an air attack they're slightly more likely to survive than those inside of the vehicle depending on if they send gunships or just drop a 3000 pound JDAM.

Tank desant is something we'd want to avoid if we can though. Though in regards for the helicopters, why not make something like the hind? Best of both worlds means we simplify what we need to supply.
I don't see why not. Gunship transports are pretty sweet, and if I'm not mistaken Hinds have enough power to lift light vehicles as well. Air cavalry regiment! \o/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:19:19 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2014, 03:20:45 pm »

APC's, at least how i use them, are to be for taking infantry through the safest route and into a combat zone. No transport should ever go through a combat area where they can get captured or destroyed.

As far as air attack go, we can't really rule the air or defend it. Therefore, anti air weapons like stingers should be made for our troops to give the enemies air force a bloody nose at least.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2014, 03:24:56 pm »

APC's, at least how i use them, are to be for taking infantry through the safest route and into a combat zone. No transport should ever go through a combat area where they can get captured or destroyed.
Well yeah, the whole point of an armored personnel carrier is to transport squishy people into combat safely. :v

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2014, 03:40:42 pm »

Yah, if you arent gonna use the APC to support the troops with their guns and/or missiles, why do you have them?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 15, 2014, 03:47:42 pm »

They move faster than infantry marching, and tend to be able to protect them from small-arms fire? :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2014, 03:49:47 pm »

Yes, but if you arent useing the 30mm autocannons some have to give covering fire...

3man75 seems to say that all APCs should never see a fight.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2014, 06:08:41 pm »

^^Generally its a good idea for them not to, but yeah of course they support the infantry with their guns while they're unloading but if there's any kind of AT cover up, they probably won't stick around too long. Otherwise yeah mobile cover. Pretty sweet.

Yah, if you arent gonna use the APC to support the troops with their guns and/or missiles, why do you have them?
Well, currently we have two kinds of carriers: APCs and IFVs. One has a little baby machine gun and the other has a cannon. The first kind is gonna cover the inf as they unload and then (depending on the kind of heat that's on) probably pull back a bit to stay safe, the latter has a bit more armor and a cannon and is definitely gonna be out there fighting with the frontliners since he's got the ability to stonewall hostile shock troops and outright bust enemy light armor.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:10:44 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2014, 06:14:37 pm »

Right, popping out gamma before we forget about it again.
Proposal Gamma: Bug the government for more engineers.

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2014, 06:27:20 pm »

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

What is the MPODS anyways..?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2014, 07:46:42 pm »

"Man-Portable Ordnance Delivery System".
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2014, 08:36:52 pm »

Yeah but what is that. >_>

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2014, 08:39:12 pm »

^^Generally its a good idea for them not to, but yeah of course they support the infantry with their guns while they're unloading but if there's any kind of AT cover up, they probably won't stick around too long. Otherwise yeah mobile cover. Pretty sweet.

Well, currently we have two kinds of carriers: APCs and IFVs. One has a little baby machine gun and the other has a cannon. The first kind is gonna cover the inf as they unload and then (depending on the kind of heat that's on) probably pull back a bit to stay safe, the latter has a bit more armor and a cannon and is definitely gonna be out there fighting with the frontliners since he's got the ability to stonewall hostile shock troops and outright bust enemy light armor.
Our IFV is the BMP and the APC is the BTR.  So what are our tactics anyways?  We going for some kind of nato cold war style stuff?  Post war weirdo tactics?  Some mix of interwar infantry tactics with tanks as support?  Armored spearhead?  Armored Air Assault?  IFV Tank push?  Superior Firepower?  Artillery superiority?  I assume since we started with our MBT that we did that just to get a feel for how designs work.  I suggest taking the time to scout out our enemies once we have a basic kit out.  Like next turn.  Even if its just googling the *insert neighbor's military*. 

Yeah but what is that. >_>
here you go
ok, maybe it isn't found there.  Oh well.  It is a MANPAD, but with potential for different types of ammo.  Like artillery ammo.  We could make it into an AT bazooka, what ever. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:43:30 pm by alamoes »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2014, 08:43:34 pm »

An Imperial Version of the Davy Crocket would be an amazing idea. Just have a suicidal soldier go to an enemy fortress and bam no more fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29