Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2023]  (Read 27781 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2020]
« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2014, 04:58:10 pm »

I actually like how the compromise sounds.
Agreed.  I'd actually go for two or three letter acronyms.  ARs, or BARs, or what have you.  Actually, depending on how this one performs, I might label it a MAR for Medium Assault Rifle.  I don't know, but the title Imperial Assault Rifle seems quite generic and forgettable.  I'd Name it AR-whatever the thing that sets it apart from other ARs would be.  But yeah, I'd hold off on that and instead go make one and test it. 

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2014, 04:58:30 pm »

I'm posting to follow.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2014, 05:05:25 pm »

Agreed.  I'd actually go for two or three letter acronyms.  ARs, or BARs, or what have you.  Actually, depending on how this one performs, I might label it a MAR for Medium Assault Rifle.  I don't know, but the title Imperial Assault Rifle seems quite generic and forgettable.  I'd Name it AR-whatever the thing that sets it apart from other ARs would be.  But yeah, I'd hold off on that and instead go make one and test it. 

It sounds cooler if you pronounce it "I Arm One" (IARM 1). They love having fun with acronyms.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2014, 06:04:49 pm »

Now that we at least have weapons for most other land combat situations, should we look into producing some anti-tank or anti-aircraft guns, or possibly one combined weapon? I have in my head a picture of a man-portable weapon that can be configured for anti-air, anti-tank, or artillery(mortar) usage, but would that even be doable? I suppose I'll propose it anyway.

17: Design the  Man-Portable Ordnance Delivery System (MPODS) Model 1 "Chameleon"
 Major Features-
  As lightweight and compact as possible
  Can be reconfigured for Anti-tank, Anti-Air, or Artillery usage in the field through different ammunition types and attachments
  Capable of piercing Badger armor somewhat reliably (we don't really have any other yardsticks to measure against)
  Range of at least 300 meters in anti-tank configuration, 3000 meters in anti-air configuration (mostly for taking out helicopters), and 3000 meters in artillery configuration.

Spoiler: Plans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pistol (click to show/hide)
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2014, 06:19:08 pm »

Ebbor, may I ask for a approximate cost of building a new destroyer vs repairing and refitting the heavily damaged one?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2014, 06:20:07 pm »

Voted for 2, 3, 5, 14, 16, 17. Voted for Pistol Traits of Cheap, Reliable, and Heavy Punch.

Spoiler: Plans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pistol (click to show/hide)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2014, 06:39:24 pm »

Now that we at least have weapons for most other land combat situations, should we look into producing some anti-tank or anti-aircraft guns, or possibly one combined weapon? I have in my head a picture of a man-portable weapon that can be configured for anti-air, anti-tank, or artillery(mortar) usage, but would that even be doable? I suppose I'll propose it anyway.

The Javelin missile launcher can fight tanks and helicopters, though there is no way in hades you can get hand held weapon to take down anything flying higher than said Helicopter. We should probably go with a fire and forget missile system instead, again like the Javelin, I have never really heard of mortars being used to combat modern armor and helicopters specifically, at least not as a primary anti-tank force.

If we did go this route, we would probably have to go 120mm+ with HEAT, preferably guided.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2014, 07:03:13 pm »

This is relevant to my interests. Can anyone submit proposals/vote?
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2014, 07:07:43 pm »

Yep, post away.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2014, 07:14:10 pm »

Voted for 2, 5, 8, 13.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2014, 07:52:15 pm »

We could use mobile artillery and radar units that can fire and maneuver.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2014, 08:39:38 pm »

Rocket arty or ballistic arty?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2014, 08:42:10 pm »

Rocket arty or ballistic arty?
I don't think we have the cash to blow on rockets, ballistic of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2014, 10:01:34 pm »

Actually, given the resource situation, it would be probably better to primarily rely on ballistics as a matter of resource conservation. Sure, it may hurt our AA and air-to-air capabilities, but if we get that AMS system done the enemy will be mostly wasting their own at us
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2014, 10:07:31 pm »

If we are going to build a tank already, we might as well build a self-propelled AA gun. Duel 30~mm cannons tied to a track like the Marksman can do a lot of damage against flying things and a good bit against infantry and ground vehicals, too. If we skimp on the armor they shouldn't be too expensive.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29