Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2023]  (Read 27676 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2020]
« Reply #405 on: October 18, 2014, 06:52:21 pm »

Actually, canniblistic tanks would be easy.

Give them a way to slice a piece of armor off a dead tank and weld it on itself.

A suicidal tank commander with a blowtorch? PTW, will wait until next year to vote.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 18, 2014, 07:04:54 pm »

I mean robotic limbs~

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 19, 2014, 02:38:07 am »

About not needing airforce to blitz - you cant blitz without Air Superiority and CAS. Best representation of this is the beginning of WW2.
And if our ground forces bog down because of some bunkers/heavy artilery then air force is a must if casualities are to be minimal.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 19, 2014, 05:58:40 am »

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2023]
« Reply #409 on: October 20, 2014, 07:08:37 pm »

bump

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 20, 2014, 07:15:34 pm »

Don't we have a selection?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 20, 2014, 07:53:58 pm »

My votes are in! Voted for 3, 7, 8, 12, C, D, and E.
Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 21, 2014, 11:21:47 am »

bumping for engineering goodness.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 21, 2014, 12:17:58 pm »

I was actually working on this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 21, 2014, 12:20:24 pm »

The date in the thread title sorta gives it away, donnit?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 21, 2014, 12:58:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alpha team works through the night to get the Jet Fighter finished, and succeeds marvelously. Though the avionics systems might not be as advanced as you hoped, they did succeed in creating a domestic engine and weapon to fit the plane with.

Redesigned Badger

Work is well underway on redesigning the Badger tank. The team has more than sufficient time to rework the armor entirely, settling on an advanced composite material, that while somewhat more bulky, is quite a bit lighter. In addition, reworking several systems also resolves maintenance issues. Engine remains a bit of a gas guzzler however.

Universal Machine Gun

The Universal Machine Gun, despite a distinct lack of required design information, proceeds without significant trouble, with some flaws made by inexperienced engineers removed by more capable ones.

Eliminate MANPAD flaws

The engineering team makes some progress, succeeding in resolving the instability issues.

Construction of a factory progresses rapidly, and production of gun and rifle are underway. However, midway through the year a series of terrorist attacks scares the nations. A few isolated military bases and some bridges, including important infrastructure, are bombed.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Our Glorious Military (click to show/hide)

[/quote]

((Note: Questions better asked in PM's. I often skim part of the thread, so might miss them.))
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:45:15 pm by 10ebbor10 »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 21, 2014, 01:29:39 pm »

Okay i'm guessing these guns coming out of our factory are going to our troops ASAP, which they should be.

We should also send the universal machine gun our troops also. If the Goverment won't give us another team, at least temporarily, then they should produce them as our designs say. We simply don't have alot of teams to work around with and too much on our plate as is.

We also shouldn't worry too too much on these terrorists since the new weaponry will eventually stop these attacks. Plus, were just the Military Design bureau not the intelligence bureau.

I think our next project should be the development of our sniper rifles.

1. Propositions to develop a sniper rifle that can help provide fire support to freindly troops in a area. The Rifle will be semi automatic to rapid fire because it WILL be in a hot zone where automatic weapons will be used. If your a sniper supporting your platoon against a group of 1-15 terrorists you better expect them to fight hard. Small project.

To give an idea of what i'm talking about..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zastava_M76

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 21, 2014, 01:41:30 pm »

They're not.

Following UR's suggestion, you have to include a squad structure in the production proposals.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:16:34 pm by 10ebbor10 »

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 21, 2014, 01:45:01 pm »

The jet is a great success! I'm happy about this outcome, I somewhat thought we would be struck by problems all the time :D

Ebbor can we get some stats on the plane or is it like I specified? EDIT:I'm blind.

Proposition 2. (SMALL) Fix the light armor flaws.
Proposition 3. (SMALL) Using the new 20mm cannons create a AA/anti-personel turret for the Badger tank (4x20mm cannons + 8xMPAD missile launchers + radar target acquisition).
Proposition 4. (MEDIUM) Develop a Home Radar Array capable of detecting any hostile planes from long enough range for our fighters to intercept.

Proposition A. Start producing our newest Light Fighters (I'm proposing the name "F/A-1 Dragonfly").
Proposition B. Rebuild the factory, expand the rifle production line.
Proposition C. Build UMG factory/add a production line to the existing one.
Proposition D. Build MPAD factory.
Proposition E. Press the produced rifles and pistols into regular service.

Proposition Alpha. Advice a crackdown on the terrorists, we don't like our precious factories to be demolished.

The turret would prove great in urban environments against infantry and in open field against low flying jets and helicopters.

The Jets deserve to be pressed into service, given they are a success and we don't have a big Air Force that would be capable of defending our borders effectively. They will prove great support to our ground troops with bombs load-out too.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:24:32 pm by akkudakku »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 21, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »

Proposition F: Rename the Small Arm Factory "ToadyOne Lead-Laced-Love Factory"
Proposition G: Rearrange the assembly line so that rougly as many rifles as pistols are produced (780 pts for 390 rifles, 20 pts for 400 pistols)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29