Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2023]  (Read 27679 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Imperial Military Design Bureau [Year: 2020]
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2014, 12:48:31 pm »

GUNINANRUNIN, you dropped out 6 :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »

You should only need quick swap barrels for squad weapons like heavy, automatic rifles.

He means like the AUG's design, where you can make the barrel longer/shorter as necessary.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2014, 12:54:45 pm »

VOTE for 1.1, 4, 8, A.

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2014, 01:01:24 pm »

Added 6, added a bit of formatting and fixed some capitalization errors. Some of the votes on proposals are from the people who proposed them.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2014, 01:03:49 pm »

It is OK to propose and not vote for your own proposal, that happened ofteb in the last game. Don't assume that own proposal = voted
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2014, 01:06:12 pm »

It is OK to propose and not vote for your own proposal, that happened ofteb in the last game. Don't assume that own proposal = voted

Proposal  :D 8) ??? I propose that it is not not OK to vote for your own proposals
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2014, 01:08:50 pm »

*Tryrar rearm's the suncannon with Stirk ammo and fires*
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2014, 01:36:40 pm »

Updated the proposals with my vote(s). As for the discussion about bullet calibres, given that stopping power is necessary (Our troops aren't godlike snipers headshotting everything, despite their best wishes :P ) due to the fact the torso is the most likely target, and the existence of enemy body armour. By utilizing a more powerful round, we can perforate the armour more easily along with deal more severe wounds after getting through that.

And Ranger? I'd say that SP guns are more easily destroyed. While they have more armour, they're more easily flanked due to having to turn the entire vehicle around to fire at a target, meaning the weaker, and larger rear area is vulnerable as opposed to the ring join on a turret mount. Not to mention that armouring that would be a lot easier than up-armouring an entire vehicle's back.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2014, 01:47:02 pm »

Fine, but I still think we need something for distance. How about we go after the "Designated Marksman" style rifle?

Proposal 10: A modernized DMR based off of the Dragunov SVD and modernized to heck and back. Stick with a larger round, probably 7.62×54mmR. We can give this to a designated marksman, one per squad, to take out further ranged opponents.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2014, 03:09:25 pm »

Proposal 1.4: Modular item kit for whatever rifle finishes, allowing for it to be optomized for use as a LMG, a DMR or a normal rifle, similar to what the SA80 has. This would include mechanisms, buttstocks, and things such as entire barrel assemblies. Small size.
((This is because 1.2 is just scopes and different length barrels)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2014, 03:19:57 pm »

Proposal 1.4: Modular item kit for whatever rifle finishes, allowing for it to be optomized for use as a LMG, a DMR or a normal rifle, similar to what the SA80 has. This would include mechanisms, buttstocks, and things such as entire barrel assemblies. Small size.
((This is because 1.2 is just scopes and different length barrels)

I think you are misinterpreting what the SA80 family is. Each one is technically a different gun that just uses the same basic design, with no real way to switch between them. Besides, carrying around butt stocks, barrels and mechanisms would tire our troops out and stretch supply lines. Even if we could do that, how is that any better than just sending multiple guns?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2014, 03:30:01 pm »

...Hmm, given that, I'll retract my vote from 1.2. Given that my intention of the rifle is as a pure assault rifle rather than a modular platform (Not that you can't attach things like scopes to it.)

Spoiler: Unified proposal list (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2014, 03:37:11 pm »

Adding some more votes. Namely, for 6 and Beta.

Spoiler: Unified proposal list (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2014, 03:44:40 pm »

I think you are misinterpreting what the SA80 family is. Each one is technically a different gun that just uses the same basic design, with no real way to switch between them. Besides, carrying around butt stocks, barrels and mechanisms would tire our troops out and stretch supply lines. Even if we could do that, how is that any better than just sending multiple guns?
I probably am. I know that one series of gun does do that (looking it up, its the XM8). As for parts and all that, it would be sections, not that many would be sent out, and it would be better than sending lostsa types of guns because it would lend more flexibility, standardized parts, and it would actually shorten the supply requirements, as we dont need asmany different types of weapon parts.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2014, 03:47:45 pm »

I vote for 6,7,8, 1.1, A

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29