Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Realistic Bikinimail Armor  (Read 2069 times)

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
Realistic Bikinimail Armor
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:22:00 am »

I want some raws for chainmail bikini style armor for the use of stereotypical amazon type races. It must nigh worthless for actual defense, the type of thing you want to make out of metal that's pretty but worthless for armor(Hey, why waste perfectly good steel or adamantine on useless armor?).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:11:58 am by King Kravoka »
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic Bikinimail Armor
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 12:38:42 am »

give it a low COVERAGE value

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 12:43:29 am »

COVERAGE indicates... well, how much skin the item covers. 100 indicates complete coverage, whereas 50 is only half covered. You're probably looking at somewhere between 15 and 40, depending on just how ridiculous you want the bikini.

Incidentally, your bikini armour will actually function fairly realistically in DF, so don't be surprised when you get disembowelled.

URL tags work like this.
Code: [Select]
[url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChainmailBikini]URL tags work like this[/url].
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 12:56:23 am »

COVERAGE indicates... well, how much skin the item covers. 100 indicates complete coverage, whereas 50 is only half covered. You're probably looking at somewhere between 15 and 40, depending on just how ridiculous you want the bikini.

Incidentally, your bikini armour will actually function fairly realistically in DF, so don't be surprised when you get disembowelled.

URL tags work like this.
Code: [Select]
[url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChainmailBikini]URL tags work like this[/url].
You are acting like that wasn't my intention for putting in the word realistic.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 01:02:34 am »

No, I'm just bad at reading.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 02:38:22 am »

Although if you're imagining hard bikini platemail, like the kind that forms breast cup shapes in solid metal sheet, then the game will not realistically portray that.

Namely, because in real life, that would create a giant inward facing metal spike directly over your heart, so even if they do strike the armored portion, it's arguably more damaging to the wearer than no armor at all, by focusing all the force right at the weakest most dangerous spot... And I don't think DF allows negative armor protection.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:44:29 am by GavJ »
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 02:53:32 am »

Although if you're imagining hard bikini platemail, like the kind that forms breast cup shapes in solid metal sheet, then the game will not realistically portray that.

Namely, because in real life, that would create a giant inward facing metal spike directly over your heart, so even if they do strike the armored portion, it's arguably more damaging to the wearer than no armor at all, by focusing all the force right at the weakest most dangerous spot... And I don't think DF allows negative armor protection.

First: Now I'm cringing despite being male. Second: Negative Armor? That's a great idea!...once the DFhackers are ready.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 06:44:14 am »

Why do you want a bikini-chain mail to be realistic and why do you want it in dwarf fortress? I thought the point was rule of sexy going over realistic when you go for stuff like that.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 07:02:38 am »

Because she wants it.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 06:23:48 pm »

Why do you want a bikini-chain mail to be realistic and why do you want it in dwarf fortress? I thought the point was rule of sexy going over realistic when you go for stuff like that.
Because it's darkly hilarious when a bunch of female enemies come over, try to raid you, and get bisected in seconds!

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 08:22:05 pm »

Because it's darkly hilarious when a bunch of female enemies come over, try to raid you, and get bisected in seconds!

You have no idea how hilarious it gets! Dwarf fortress has no "gendered" clothing. You won't be able to prevent males from wearing it (perhaps there is a DFHack solution that does clothing swaps?).

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 10:06:21 pm »

You have no idea how hilarious it gets! Dwarf fortress has no "gendered" clothing. You won't be able to prevent males from wearing it (perhaps there is a DFHack solution that does clothing swaps?).
Someone must draw this!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:08:22 pm by King Kravoka »