S'aight
- 5 (25%)
meh
- 1 (5%)
it was shit
- 2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 212

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Final Hour OOC thread. IT HAS FINISHED  (Read 158973 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Final Hour OOC thread. BUILDING FALLS EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #1981 on: February 29, 2016, 10:13:39 am »

Bloodborne is a good game. Have you played it, Gig?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 29, 2016, 10:20:55 am »

Yeah, I have when I played it on someone else's ps4. We had work at different times, so I could play it when they weren't on it. I got to Bergynworth, I think is the name? The place with the mosquito people.
And then their work changed to the same time as mine so I wasn't able to play it again, so no more progress for me.

I really liked it, actually. The combat was much more aggressive than dark souls, and I loved the weapons and how they combined.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 29, 2016, 10:31:43 am »

The DLC is good too. I've been having fun with some of the new weapons; I have a Bloodtinge-build character that mains Simon's Bowblade (being able to lame out bosses is a fun change of pace) and the Chikage, and I started another with the gimmick of being a church hunter who uses the Church Pick and Kirkhammer as her weapons. Church Pick OP as fuck; it counts as Serrated (+20% damage on beasts) and Righteous (+20% (or maybe 50%? Wiki was unclear) against Cainhurst enemies), as well as doing purely Thrust damage (effective on Kin). The Kirkhammer got a buff that makes it actually usable now. Plus you can get From's signature Moonlight Sword in the DLC; I started using it a bit with my first character since she's got a high Arcane stat. I want to get the Rakuyo on my Dex-build cultist; he already uses the Blades of Mercy so it would be a good fit with him.

But yeah, I like the aggressive combat, and trick weapons were a neat way to pare down excess weapons while keeping a wide variety of movesets; Hunter's Axe best starting weapon. Anyway, yeah, Bergynworth is the midpoint of the game. It is, sadly, a short game. If you get a chance you should try to finish it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 29, 2016, 10:53:41 am »

I started with the hunters axe and graduated up to the Ludwig Holy Blade. I chose the blunderbuss to start with, but it never seemed very effective at staggering things.
I found the cannon as well, that's a fun little toy to use.

Yeah, from what I heard after I fight the boss at Bergynworth the whole game changes and becomes all eldritch-y. Which is neat, because I goddamn love eldritch horror.

I'll have to try to get playing it again, but now I'll have forgotten how to play. I'm almost tempted to start again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 29, 2016, 02:58:21 pm »

Ludwig's Holy Blade is, numerically speaking, the absolute strongest weapon in the game if you run a split Str/Skill build. On my brother's character it has an AR of at least 790 (I think it might be 802?). And yeah, the entire game is eldritchy the whole way through, with enough Insight. One of the things I like is how things change when you have enough. If you remember the pale-faced men in long coats carrying lanterns, as an example, when you have enough Insight you can see their lanterns are covered in eyes. Try walking around the Cathedral Ward once you have 40 Insight, or once you clear Bergynworth - you'll see some interesting things...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 29, 2016, 03:19:46 pm »

Heh, yeah, I noticed that. And they seem to get magic attacks then as well, which are irritating as all hell.
I tried fighting the big lightning skeleton beast as well - Darkstalker Paarl? but he kicked my butt, and by then I was running low on blood vials.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 29, 2016, 03:26:07 pm »

Yeah, Paarl is completely optional. I've only fought him once. The only reason to fight him is if you haven't killed Djura in Old Yharnam; porting in at Paarl's lantern and carefully making your way up to Djura allows you to talk to him. Otherwise he's always hostile. This is the only way to get the brush off dust gesture.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 29, 2016, 03:32:26 pm »

I didn't have net for the ps4, so gestures are... absolutely useless to me.
Djura is also dead as doornails. Had to get that powderkeg badge somehow, right?
I did use the stake driver a little. Pretty fun but didn't seem brilliant as weapons go.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 29, 2016, 03:39:50 pm »

Cat.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 29, 2016, 03:40:14 pm »

I never beat Dark Souls or Dark Souls II, but Bloodborne was amazing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 29, 2016, 03:47:12 pm »

I don't have an online account on my PS4 either (my internet is too slow to justify paying for one), I just like to gesture. Roar is my favorite one to do after killing a boss. :P  Stake driver is great mainly for it's transformed charged R2. Talk about getting blasted, if you manage to hit that. XD

@Sword: My favorite one is the one where s/he's meowing at the camera while posing.

@Twinwolf: Don't bother with DS2. What sort of build did you run with in Bloodborne?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 29, 2016, 03:48:53 pm »

Strength and Skill, Ludwig's Holy Blade. Although on New Game+ I'm using the scythe because, while objectively inferior to Ludwig's Holy Blade for my build, is to badass not to use.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 29, 2016, 03:57:34 pm »

Yeah, I agree. My first character is using the Burial Blade for the same reason, and I have a sort of 'Death' gimmick for her. Wearing the Hunter's Cap, Crowfeather Garb, and Bone Ash Gauntlets/Leggings. It looks pretty cool. Plus the scythe has a good moveset in both forms. If you have the DLC, the Church Pick's two-handed moveset is similar to the scythe, just shorter range. If you're interested in that, I mean. :P

Also numerically speaking the only thing on Ludwig's Holy Blade's level is the Moonlight Sword, and only if you also have high Arcane. >.>

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 29, 2016, 03:59:37 pm »

I like the idea of the cane - might try it out in my new game - because the idea of thrashing beasts with a walking stick I find hilarious.
Might make a really old looking character. Why have they lost their memory? Senility! They don't even know there's beasts  around, they're just beating the whippersnappers for being so rude.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 212