Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Forcing marriage  (Read 4522 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forcing marriage
« on: October 07, 2014, 09:00:22 am »

Is there anyway to force two lovers to marry? For whatever reason, they don't seem to want to marry each other, despite being lovers for years. They haven't even talked to each other for over a year.
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Forcing marriage
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:35:45 am »

A certain percentage of dwarfs will take lovers but aren't interested in marriage. It's part of the new ORIENTATION tag.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:39:21 am »

A certain percentage of dwarfs will take lovers but aren't interested in marriage. It's part of the new ORIENTATION tag.
By default, the tokens are missing from creatures, and the defaults are weighted (not percentages):
75 are straight and interested in marriage
20 are interested in being permanent lovers
5 are homosexual

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Marriage

---

I dont think you can add that without regenning a world, or at the least it will only change the chances for 'new' creatures.  The value is assigned the moment they exist, and dont get rerolled.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:41:08 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 09:40:24 am »

Is there potentially other issues as well? This couple actually did marry once upon a time, but DF crashed and I had to go back to the last save, before they married. Even locked in a 1*1 burrow/meeting room, they don't even talk to each other
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 09:50:27 am »

Did you give them a meeting area?

"relationships" develop using a points based system (hidden, but thats how it works under the hood) based on simulated interactions that happen in communal spaces, like meeting areas and statue gardens and the like.

Simply stuffing 2 dwarves into a cell and locking the door wont suffice. You have to let them idle in a meeting hall inside that locked cell, so that they can have those simulated interactions.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 10:09:50 am »

Simply stuffing 2 dwarves into a cell and locking the door wont suffice.
I love that idea. "Now get in there and love each other. OR ELSE."
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 10:51:08 am »

It has been my observation (which is probably laced with healthy doses of confirmation bias), that dwaves seem to hook up with higher rates when parties are allowed to run unchecked.

So, try putting a few children (who wont develop sexual relationships) in with your spouses to be, then give them a fancy dining room or statue garden. Kids just LOVE starting parties, and have no problems inviting the adults.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 10:52:23 am »

It has been my observation (which is probably laced with healthy doses of confirmation bias), that dwaves seem to hook up with higher rates when parties are allowed to run unchecked.

So, try putting a few children (who wont develop sexual relationships) in with your spouses to be, then give them a fancy dining room or statue garden. Kids just LOVE starting parties, and have no problems inviting the adults.

Every bit this.  Makes a good point for children's dorms.  Parties are excuses to make friends and babies.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 11:13:43 am »

By default, the tokens are missing from creatures, and the defaults are weighted (not percentages):
5 are homosexual
It's slightly more complicated than that.  They are weights, but the default weights sum to 100.
The defaults for the opposite gender are:
75 are interested in marriage
20 are interested in becoming lovers
5 are not interested
Separately, for the same gender the defaults are:
5 are interested in marriage
75 are not interested

These two make a nice 3x3 table that someone put together somewhere.  3.75% of Dwarves are "not interested" in either gender, and Dwarf Therapist will flag that person as asexual.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 11:49:25 am »

5 are homosexual
It's slightly more complicated than that.  They are weights, but the default weights sum to 100.
The defaults for the opposite gender are:
75 are interested in marriage
5 are not interested
Separately, for the same gender the defaults are:
5 are interested in marriage
75 are not interested

These two make a nice 3x3 table that someone put together somewhere.  3.75% of Dwarves are "not interested" in either gender, and Dwarf Therapist will flag that person as asexual.
Is there a way to restrict am creature to only marriage?  I want that soo much.  Its my biggest issue with the new marriage layout.
PKs DF Mod!

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 12:11:27 pm »

I think one of the values in ORIENTATION (the middle one?) is the percentage of "lovers only", so presumably you could add ORIENTATION to the dwarf raws and set that value to zero.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »

Is there a way to restrict am creature to only marriage?  I want that soo much.  Its my biggest issue with the new marriage layout.
Yes - add [ORIENTATION:MALE:1:0:0][ORIENTATION:FEMALE:0:0:1] to the creature's MALE caste(s) and [ORIENTATION:MALE:0:0:1][ORIENTATION:FEMALE:1:0:0] to the FEMALE caste(s). Granted, this will only apply to newly created units, so you might need to generate a new world in order for it to fully take effect (unless you want to use DFHack, in which case you can "fix" all units in your fortress at once).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 12:56:12 pm »

Alternately, you can use my DFHack script and use the command:

Code: [Select]
fixster fert only:dwarf
That will force all existing dwarves to be interested in heterosexual marriage.

Combine that with a raws-adjustement with the Orientation flag, and your game will produce only marriage-interested dwarves.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 05:25:23 pm »

The mating burrow was set inside the meeting hall. It's like they don't want to interact at all. They don't raise social skills, and don't receive the happy thought "talked with a loved recently"

Alternately, you can use my DFHack script and use the command:

Code: [Select]
fixster fert only:dwarf
That will force all existing dwarves to be interested in heterosexual marriage.

Combine that with a raws-adjustement with the Orientation flag, and your game will produce only marriage-interested dwarves.

I'll give that a shot and see what happens

Jigowah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 09:32:23 pm »

Why is this particular couple important to you?  I'm curious...
Pages: [1] 2