Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On Alarms  (Read 712 times)

Haymaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
On Alarms
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:33:56 pm »

So, maybe I have missed something, but it has usually worked.. So, onwards my problem.

When I try to make an alarm and its schedule reserved for sieges that is pretty much 10 min soldiers a squad each month, but when I try setting the squad(s) to that alarm, they all revert to civilians. Sometimes giving them station order, or using shift+enter to activate this siege alarm makes my military follow the schedule correctly, but mostly not.. they don't. I'd except some squads to go inactive, update their equipment and whatnot, but it's every squad put to that alert.

So, what I'm doing wrong here? I've atleast one squad that's not full so.. The options most likely are
A)I should set the min soldier to exact amount of soldiers in the squad
B)I should delete and remake the siege alarm over and over again untill it works
C)I should make a bug report
D)I should pray to armok and hope for the best
E)I should just forget the fancy burrow-created battle stations for both melee and marksmen squads and hope the station order keeps most of the military in proper positions.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: On Alarms
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 01:33:30 am »

I don't know about military burrows and military alerts, I never used them, but a civilian alert disables all burrow assignments
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Haymaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 04:23:47 pm »

The burrows aren't the problem, the problem is activating every single dwarf in a squad to follow schedule, which is pretty much defend burrows for every month.

Right now, after several times deleting and remaking the alert and giving it new schedule.. It seems to work, may take few tries to see if it'll stick.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:28:35 pm »

have you figured what you did different from previous tries?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Haymaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 08:18:48 pm »

Not really, after a game month or so, the schedule stops working which I noticed just in time when I had a siege. Though I kept the schedule activated while using station commands to put dorfs in places to deal with the sieges.. and then when the siege was over and I canceled the order, all dorfs followed the schedule.. for few game days.
Ah, ain't a big one and probably just because of somethign I missed, but another problem arised.

Military dwarves instigate fights with ech other and against civilians too! Guess some consider the attackers neutrals/friendlies and when a marksdwarf or that one recruit trying to pick a bolt/sock/shield in middle of siegers makes an attack, the ones who consider gobbos friendly turn on the attacking dorfs.. and yeah, a nice mess we got there.

Well, it's always a bit rough after new huge update xD