Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Mall Fight: Re-Loaded: Not Fit For Continuation  (Read 9799 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: Re-Loaded: Why did we do this again?
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2014, 10:31:14 pm »

Tara coolly glances over the board and its contents, not feeling overly threatened by the others just yet.
She fiddles with her 'watch' for a moment in an attempt to itch the skin beneath it, then gives up and returns her attention to the board.

"So... got a plan, Nacho?" She doesn't seem overly wowed by the luchador's outrageous flexing. I guess that's something you become inured to after living with the guy long enough. "I don't see any bookstores on the directory thingy. We just gonna pick a direction to walk and hope?"

>Stand back and watch the board. See if these other idiots manage to accomplish anything by pressing buttons.
Inspect my new 'watch' more closely. It doesn't have any buttons matching the ones on the board, does it?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2014, 10:43:22 am »

Turn todayyyyy!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2014, 02:41:53 pm »

"So... got a plan, Nacho?" She doesn't seem overly wowed by the luchador's outrageous flexing. I guess that's something you become inured to after living with the guy long enough. "I don't see any bookstores on the directory thingy. We just gonna pick a direction to walk and hope?"

"eh?... Oh yes!  Well, if this place truly is like the one we were trapped in before then it is likely that some maniac will send warriors to attack us, and may even change the environment should he grow bored with us!  If we want to avoid him doing this to us constantly then we should try to stay on the move, and perhaps even form allies with others to oppose our common enemies!  As for where to go right now?... I don't believe it particularly matters."
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

RaNDM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mall Fight
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 12:24:52 am »

"My body needs an update."

"... What?"

"What?"

"No, what was that you said?"

"... My body needs an update."

"..."

"..."

"... You're so fucking weird."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:55:01 am by RaNDM »
I can't deal, man.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 12:27:55 am »

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 01:57:10 am »

9:05 P.M

Press the Galaxyland button! Attempt to go there!
Press the button for Galaxyland with my toe.
Finally, some people work up the courage to press a button. Specifically, the security guard and the...foot....guy. Both of them reach for the small, blue button at the same time, and both are zapped away simultaneously. Like, literally ZAPPED. A flash of red lightning shoots out from the board, enveloping them. But as soon as it appeared, they disappear.

MEANWHILE...

Sherman presses the button for the Banque du Montréal, with the utmost Bourgeois fashion.
Another button is pressed, this time with a flash of blue lightning. Another one gone. But after the second flash and mysterious disappearance, no more happen. The people seem to have...better things to do...

Go roundhouse kick Agent 0047 in the head. Hard.
Change of plan. This idiot seems to want to stop me, but I don't have time for this. Kick him in the balls.
Like these two.
...The martial arts guy runs over to Baldy screaming. Before he has time to react, a foot swings around and clocks him right in the ear, sending him smashing into the board, putting a rather large crack into the plastic of it and a little bit of blood splatter from a new cut on his head. Getting up, he proceeds to take the appropriate action after being kicked in the head; go for the balls.

Or rather he would, if the kicker hadn't absconded already. All he can really do is kick the air angrily and maybe apply a band-aid. The board is in disrepair right out of the gate, but it seems that none of the extra watches or buttons broke during impact. Wait...

Upon further inspection, it seems that, while the board is still cracked, there was something different. There was a new button. One labelled 'LOBBY'. Another button one missing, specifically the one marked 'Atrium'. It's only at that point that 47 turns around to realize exactly what happened.

MEANWHILE...

Fernando boasts and strikes a pose, attempting to flex so hard that his fur coat is destroyed
>RaN: Navigate. Appropriate some bank or broom closet for a base, then set about for weapons and materials. This Mall is everchanging, but you still know your way around the place.

>May: Watch for challengers. Look tough/annoyed at RaN. ADMIRE THE LUCHADOR'S GORGEOUS PECS... From a distance.
>Stand back and watch the board. See if these other idiots manage to accomplish anything by pressing buttons.
Inspect my new 'watch' more closely. It doesn't have any buttons matching the ones on the board, does it?
...Among the remaining three returners, or four if you count May, a consensus is reached that 'Nothing' is the best thing to do in response to the new buttons and disappearing people.

Individually, however, they do manage to get things done. Fernando decides to go back to his roots and shed his clothing, buff-anime style. A few flexes later, and all that remains of the fantastic leopard-skin fur coat he once donned were scraps on the floor. Along with a bit of blood. And what felt like a pulled muscle or two. Upon closer inspection, however, the blood didn't seem to belong to him, and originated from some other source. The pulled muscles, on the other hand, were definitely something to worry about. (Bonuses gone for, like, two more turns? Yeah that seems about right.)

The veteran of the group, RaN, begins wandering. Aimless, one might call it. They'd be wrong. Quickly he happens upon a familiar sight; The 'Incredibly Lethal Trap Store'. Or, as it for some reason was still called by its sign, 'Incredible Hat Store', with certain letters sloppily washed away in order to change the title. It never really should have fooled anyone, and yet it did. Numerous times. It would have to do as a base for the time being. At the very least, it was well protected. From the inside. Yup.

May was doing...well, not much. Challengers weren't really...THERE. At all. There was another girl, and...oh hot damn that's one sweet bod. Oh fuck he's flexing. Oh fuuuu-shit it that blood?

It doesn't take too long for her to realize that blood's trickling from her nose. And down to the floor. It's not pretty, but was it worth it? Definitely, in her eyes.

[MEANWHILE, AT THAT VERY MOMENT, THE GM FREAKED OUT ABOUT THE HOMESTUCK UPDATE]

Tara, among all of these 'productive' individuals, manages to accomplish nothing. She watches as people get zapped by the buttons, and notices, well, nothing really on her watch. It has numbers, her name, blah blah blah stuff stuff stuff. She couldn't care less, really.

As the metaphorical fog clears, DiS and Neil find themselves standing in front of the board. Still. Although there's a new button replacing the one they pressed. It's clearly labelled for 'Entrance'. Another new thing is a large map where the watches used to be. Well, if you could call it a map. IT was more of a blank space with a single store marked on it, the IHS/ILTS, whatever those are.

A sudden gust of air prompts the two to both turn around. Upon doing so, they realize just how incredible the mall really is. In front of them is a full-blown amusement park, complete with rollercoasters, bumpercars, mazes, and enough flashing lights to give someone a seizure. An incredible sight for sure, if just as hauntingly empty as the rest of the mall. It'd take a bit more investigation to get the full extent of what's there, but surely both of them are more than prepared to do just that.

Hey look a guy in a bank doing stuff.

...fine, we'll drop it.

Papa Lawsuits McGee pops into the Bank of Montreal as many non-pretentious fucks would call it. That or anyone not in Quebec. Unfortunately, the Mall is situated smack dab somewhere in Quebec, so it's Banque du Montreal for now. Either way, it's...well, a bank. It looks just like a regular old Canadian bank, complete with ATMs, empty teller counters, and back rooms for consultations you hope never have to happen. Just as the others did, Mr. Caine looks back at the board, noticing that there is no longer a button for the Bank, but now one for the Entrance.

Trippy.

Agent 47 looks around to see trees. Lots of 'em. Like jesus christ it's like a goddamn rainforest in there.

And then he realizes that it might be because he's in the Atrium.

Current Group Location(s):

• Galaxyland - Dinner Is Served, Neil
  • Atrium - Agent 0047
  • Banque du Montreal - Sherman Caine
  • Entrance - Fernando Trejo, Tara McScara, May, Bruce Norris
  • IHS/ILTS - RaNDM

Spoiler: The Map Board (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Store Directory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:39:40 am by Greenstarfanatic »

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2014, 02:23:16 am »

((Totally worth it!))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: Re-Loaded: Days are Longer in Canada
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 02:32:30 am »

((Am I still in the entrance? Also, does my +2 not apply to dodging in unarmed combat?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 10:23:06 am »

Look for one of those games where you hit the thing with the hammer to make the bell ring. Also look for a face painting station.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2014, 10:38:53 am »

((Am I still in the entrance? Also, does my +2 not apply to dodging in unarmed combat?))
Whoops, forgot you. Yeah, you're still at the entrance. And no, it doesn't count towards dodging, that's a different thing entirely.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2014, 02:21:29 pm »

Investigate the bank. Particularly for money.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2014, 03:28:29 pm »

Check out that IHS/ILTS place. Might find something useful.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:30:45 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2014, 05:39:28 pm »

Check out that IHS/ILTS place. Might find something useful.

A small voice in your mind quickly reminds you that the store directory does not apply to Galaxyland, or any of the button-accessed places at all. That IHS place looks to be back at the entrance...

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2014, 10:43:14 pm »

Buuuuump

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2014, 12:10:46 am »

"My opponent seems to have left the arena. I guess I win by default. Would you agree, luchador? Also, mind if I tag along with you all? It would be nice to journey together before our inevitable fight." Bruce asks, walking over towards Nacho.

See if Nacho wants to team up for a bit. Also, look around for anything interesting near the entrance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7