Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you a pixel artist? Let's account for everyone!

Yes
- 29 (54.7%)
No
- 24 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48

Author Topic: Lair of the Pixel Artist (Share Your Pixel Art Here)  (Read 107267 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Re: Lair of the Pixel Artist
« Reply #330 on: February 06, 2015, 07:49:29 am »

I like the death animation. "I have failed, I must go now. Farewell"
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #331 on: February 12, 2015, 01:52:03 am »

Will upload as soon as school starts!
*cough*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 12, 2015, 02:09:42 am »

Will upload as soon as school starts!
*cough*
It's been on my mind ever since x_x
And the person I lent it to says its with her cousin. Gah!
Yes it exists. No, its not yet online. Yes, its done. No, this isn't some kind of excuse saying 'I didn't do it'.
Hum. x_x

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #333 on: February 12, 2015, 02:37:05 am »

Ha, it's fine! Though by now it seems like it might be easier to just redo it... :P
(I'm kidding, I can wait.)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 13, 2015, 07:34:28 am »

So i found a program that renders 3d models as pixel art. Unfortunetely, I can't read Japenese, but I managed to get a 3d model of mine to render.

Spoiler: 3D Model (click to show/hide)

It looks too "evil" (which it shouldnt) what with the narrow slit eye shading. I don't quite get how the shading works with the program (and it was fiddly enought to get anythong other than a solid colour).

Still, pretty cool stuff. I can't wait to work out how to get animations working :o
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 13, 2015, 05:17:55 pm »

So i found a program that renders 3d models as pixel art. Unfortunetely, I can't read Japenese, but I managed to get a 3d model of mine to render.

Spoiler: 3D Model (click to show/hide)

It looks too "evil" (which it shouldnt) what with the narrow slit eye shading. I don't quite get how the shading works with the program (and it was fiddly enought to get anythong other than a solid colour).

Still, pretty cool stuff. I can't wait to work out how to get animations working :o
You can do that with just Blender/GIMP, too, if you don't want to read Japanese.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(This used materials that emit a bit of light themselves, and the 'Edge' option under 'Post Processing' in the 'Render' tab. I also set the alpha to transparent instead of sky.)
When Blender renders an animation, it saves each frame as a .png. (or .jpg or whatever else you might feel like setting it to.)
Use GIMP to File > 'Open as Layers...' those output .pngs.
Image > Mode > Indexed. This will let you limit the palette, and auto-reduce everything to the nearest color. I used 8 for that.
File > 'Export as...' somenamehere.gif. Save as animation.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2015, 07:55:14 pm »

That's pretty neat, but I think the edges look better (more pixel-arty and less cell shaded) in the other program.

You eat your own head

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #337 on: February 23, 2015, 06:06:34 pm »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 25, 2015, 04:17:10 am »

The BMO family!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #339 on: February 25, 2015, 04:08:40 pm »

They're mah babies.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 26, 2015, 01:16:49 am »

Hey, that's some really nice binary pixel art there, GUNINANRUNIN! The simple designs of Adventure Time translated really well to 2-color pixel art, and there's a lot of charm here for such simple designs. Nice job!

Anyways, after a week or two of procrastination, school work and wasting my time on miniprojects, I decided I'd get back to working on my DF graphics set. I've been in the process of refining my old sprites for the past few weeks, and just today I got to finally draw some new stuff. Here are all of the sprites for the next_underground creatures!

Spoiler: Creature names (click to show/hide)

I've drawn 25 sprite sheets for this graphics set, but I decided to post this one for feedback because I'm not sure how people will like my interpretations. Unlike the more mundane animals, there are few "canon" images of these creatures, so I'm all up for your own interpretations.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #341 on: February 26, 2015, 02:23:43 am »

Hey, that's some really nice binary pixel art there, GUNINANRUNIN! The simple designs of Adventure Time translated really well to 2-color pixel art, and there's a lot of charm here for such simple designs. Nice job!
Thanks for the compliments, I'd really love to do something more impressive though.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 26, 2015, 02:28:05 am »

Those look good. Not quite certain what I could say about them in particular. I'm not any good at pixel art, so I don't know what my thoughts are worth. They are vibrant, well defined, and the style is nice.

Lizard.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 01, 2015, 02:57:15 pm »

So GUNIN....
Did you ever finish that thing?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #344 on: March 01, 2015, 09:09:23 pm »

So GUNIN....
Did you ever finish that thing?
Nope, I can't seem to make anything that looks even remotely good.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48