Make stats have 1/4 regen instead
- 4 (50%)
Disable regen when attacking or getting attacked
- 2 (25%)
Other (Post in OOC)
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: ❂Defense of the Ancients❂ [OOC][3/?]: I GOT THIS  (Read 14819 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: ❂Defense of the Ancients❂ [OOC][3/?]: pls join
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2014, 12:57:29 pm »

...he is literaly hardcountered by everything that has higher movementspeed than him.

I have an agility of 35.  Only Salsacookies has a higher level in that stat than me (Anti-mage guy has only 15, as well).  In addition, I have a base HP of 665, with a regen of 17-18 with a damage reduction thanks to my first ability.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:01:19 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2014, 01:09:27 pm »

I dont think agility factors into movementspeed

anyway, the problem is that the passive forces you to attackan enemy player the moment you see him. I dunno how much dota you play, but that is *bad*. Like, maximum bad. Decision making is the penultimate point where a good player seperates from a bad player. This skill, while making you very dangerous in any 1v1 situation, turns you into a liability in any situation. During the laning phase its suicide, while farming it makes you an easy target to ganks, it makes sure that you will lose any time you are in a teamfight where you are not winning, as you can neither run away, nor can you even pick your target yourself

in fact if he goes after the first *unit* he sees, he can't even last hit, and if he never enters tower range, he is also useless during any push where an enemy is present, especialy when breaking highground
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:11:19 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2014, 04:17:22 pm »

btw, while Dytils damage seems borderline broken, he is literaly hardcountered by everything that has higher movementspeed than him. Can I say *kiting?*

all you need is a support with an ethreal staff to avoid some physical damage and a force staff and bam, gank'd. His passive makes him literaly unplayable, considering he is forced to auto-attack any enemy he sees, but requires his ult to close the distance - which then auto kills him because of his mana. Anything that doesn't die to his ult is bound to win.
Also can't go wrong with diffusal blade on a high attack speed support, considering that the mana burn isn't reduced by the attack speed thing I'm using.

Someone be a tiebreaker for the vote. After that I'm closing it.

Akroma is right. Either remove the automatic target-finding and decrease the advantages that the ability gives, or change the drawback.

Also I totally made a mistake because now everyone has 4 ultimate levels. Oh well, I can make it work.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:43:58 pm by PrivateNomad »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2014, 05:35:54 pm »

Added back story.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2014, 06:28:18 pm »

For reference:

I've never actually played DotA more than like 3 games. So I did not base it on anything from DotA, or, for that matter, in this case, LoL. This is based on the character/character class I've been flirting with for a long while now. I just like the idea of anti-magic templars.

I was commenting on the fact that your character concept uses the primary focuses of four characters, while being stronger than what it's copying.  It's a strictly-better-than-Ability-Draft concept, when Ability Draft is known for having no balance.

If I were to pick ideal abilities from existing characters, I'd probably use Corrosive Skin, Burning Spears, Sticky Napalm and Elder Dragon Form.  Alternatively, Enchant Totem, Take Aim, Psion Blades and Walrus Punch.  It would still be arguably weaker than your idea (until the point where it one-shots everything, anyway.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2014, 06:59:57 pm »

Done. Hurray for peace and harmony!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2014, 07:41:25 pm »

Are you playing? If not, then I don't think that'd be fair for a non-player to decide what they'll be doing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2014, 08:13:01 pm »

Are you playing? If not, then I don't think that'd be fair for a non-player to decide what they'll be doing.
I'd like to be. Figuring out whether to make my Dire Incubus' abilities single-use or variable based on target allegiance is proving difficult, though.

Actually, you (and others) could probably help with that. My current theme is an arrogant, seductive splitpusher/support in spite of the Dire corruption giving him a vaguely inorganic, rust-stained looking visage. Here's what I have so far:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Now might be a good time to mention that while I am somewhat familiar with Dota, I'm not really comfortable with it the way I am with LoL, so I may have struggled a bit with Dota's particular unique vibe and design philosophies.

In any case, assistance welcome. Feel free to be brutal!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2014, 08:26:33 pm »

I suggest going Radiant as we have fewer people.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2014, 08:50:31 pm »

I suggest going Radiant as we have fewer people.

Recount.  It's 5 radiant and only 2 dire.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2014, 04:29:48 pm »

PvE it is. Don't worry guys, we can do PvP when everyone gets bored. But I still need to balance people's sheets, soo...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2014, 05:44:27 pm »

Can I get a list of pick up lines I can use for when I use my ult?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2014, 06:39:17 pm »

For reference:

I've never actually played DotA more than like 3 games. So I did not base it on anything from DotA, or, for that matter, in this case, LoL. This is based on the character/character class I've been flirting with for a long while now. I just like the idea of anti-magic templars.

I was commenting on the fact that your character concept uses the primary focuses of four characters, while being stronger than what it's copying.  It's a strictly-better-than-Ability-Draft concept, when Ability Draft is known for having no balance.

If I were to pick ideal abilities from existing characters, I'd probably use Corrosive Skin, Burning Spears, Sticky Napalm and Elder Dragon Form.  Alternatively, Enchant Totem, Take Aim, Psion Blades and Walrus Punch.  It would still be arguably weaker than your idea (until the point where it one-shots everything, anyway.)

Then PrivateNomad can nerf it. I didn't design it to be overpowered, and I didn't give it numbers because I had no idea what would constitute balance. I just gave it stuff that fit what an Antimagic Templar would have, in my mind. If you want me to, I can try and change characters, or shift abilities around, but the idea behind him is along the lines of 'he is a black hole for magic'.

It was that or struggle with trying to convert my LoL ideas into DotA format, or flounder about trying to come up with something else that's even moderately original. Since I'm fairly sure anything that can really be done, mechanically, has been done.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2014, 06:41:09 pm »

I'll point out that antimagic templars have appeared before. Just ask Anders.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2014, 06:43:17 pm »

I'll point out that antimagic templars have appeared before. Just ask Anders.

What?

Fuck.

Have magic parasite-infected people appeared before?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11