Make stats have 1/4 regen instead
- 4 (50%)
Disable regen when attacking or getting attacked
- 2 (25%)
Other (Post in OOC)
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: ❂Defense of the Ancients❂ [OOC][3/?]: I GOT THIS  (Read 14815 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
❂Defense of the Ancients❂ [OOC][3/?]: I GOT THIS
« on: October 04, 2014, 09:47:43 pm »

IC Thread

"When the World was still a cooling blob, it captured an eerie companion--a glowing crystalline sphere that came to be known in lore as the Mad Moon. This small orb was full of violent radiance--a visual reminder of conflict in the heavens, bright enough to compete with the sun in daylight.
        But the Mad Moon was no inert rock. It was more truly a prison, in which two warring ancient intelligences had been captured and flung into exile aeons before, once the vast Primordials that underlay creation had tired of their endless strife. The punishment for these Ancients was to be locked together in one form, forever falling through INFINITY...and thus it went until our unfortunate world captured that wanderer.
        For ages, primitive societies rose and fell beneath its weird glare; creatures of varying intelligence and sophistication gazed up in wonder and curiosity, to whatever extent their sentience allowed. Meanwhile, orbital stress and tidal forces allowed the Mad Moon's inhabitants to begin exploit what were at first the slightest of weaknesses, as they set to work prying open their prison. The cracks spread slowly, from the tiniest fractures, until at last there were millions of fissures, vast and aglow with weird energies.
        On one apocalyptic night, the moon finally shattered, torn apart from within. Most of the moonstuff was flung into space or consumed as it hit the atmosphere. A few rare fragments fell to earth, either as fused molten lumps or as jagged crystals. The shards lay where they had fallen, and gradually the land around them recovered. As the survivors of the prehistoric cataclysm recuperated, flourished and developed civilizations, the Mad Moon became less a memory than a dream, with the night of its destruction woven into their myths.
        The fallen shards of primal matter had fractured into their original composites: Radiant and Dire. In its pure form, each type of stone gave off a peculiar energy. For those who settled around the sites, they found themselves feeding on this unearthly power until they had not only harnessed the energy but made themselves dependent on it. They built shrines around the Ancients and revered them, ironically, as godlike entities that had fallen to earth.
        The Ancients, both Radiant and Dire, provided many benefits: kinetic energy, mana, protection, even resurrection. But the emanations changed everything in their influence. Around the Radiant, the effects were bright and colorful, evoking lightness and charm. Around the Dire, a sinister radioactive glow, a visual seepage indicative of poison and decay. Neither force was neutral; they were both perfect complements and total contradictions that could never be at peace.
        As each stone's cultural influence spread, it eventually came in conflict with the societies of its rival. Interference between the Ancients was cause for war, as the presence of one caused a corresponding fall-off in the energy of the other. Each stone could only be restored to full power with the destruction of its Foe-stone. And so the enthralled creatures rallied to protect their land by destroying the neighboring Ancient, and from far and wide the Heroes heard the call to battle and came to join, hardly realizing that in some sense both sides were the same."
- The Achronicus, Pg. 1

That's right gents, I'm doing a DotA RP, mainly as an experiment on the battle system. There are three stats, and your hero's primary one will be one of them. Your primary stat determines your damage, and is based on your type of hero. Say, a ranger would be agility, a barbarian would be strength, and a spellcaster would be intelligence.

Your primary stat grants you +1 damage for each point. You have a starting damage of 30. You have 1 starting armorpoint.
You may allocate 70 points within reason.
STRENGTH
   -Each point increases your HP by 19.
   -Each point increases your HP regen by 1/4. For example, if you had 50 STR, then you'd regenerate 25 HP per turn.
AGILITY
   -Every 7 points after your starting points grants you 1 armor. Armor gives a percentage reduction against physical, and you have a 25% starting magical DR.
   -You get an extra attack. Each point gives a percentage for your extra attack at what your score is. For example, if you had 30 AGIL, then you can make another attack at 30% damage. This resets at 100, meaning you can have even more attacks-per-turn. If you had 110 AGIL, then you can make two attacks at full damage and an attack at 10% damage.
INTELLIGENCE
   -Each point increases your MP by 13.
   -Each point increases your MP regen by 1/4.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

First come, first serve.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:59:58 pm by PrivateNomad »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Side: Radiant
Name: Kyle Johnson, Confused Ninja.
Appearance:  This guy puts you in mind of a dangerous vampire. He has round violet eyes that are like two drops of wine. His luxurious, straight, black hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a gush of water. He's got a moustache. He is very tall and has a narrow build. His skin is pale. He has small ears. His wardrobe is classy. He wields a Abyssimal Runed Shuriken of Blasphemous Hatefulness and a Foul Runed Rapier. ... Maybe that's why he's confused.
Sword:  This sword has a blade of a green color, with a pattern made of swirls and pyramids engraved on it. The guard is a mouth with onyxes for teeth, the blade extending from it like a tongue.
Backstory:  He remembers bits of pieces of being a great hero and craftsman in his home lands. But he forgets when or why he arrived where he is. Now his only purpose is to defend his ancient.
Stats (70): Underline your primary stat.
STRENGTH -20
AGILITY -  25
INTELLIGENCE -25

Confusion Aura - Passive - Kyle's ninja aura gives himself (10%/20%/30%/40%) evasion.

Fade to Black - [80/100/120/140] [1] - Kyle turns invisible for 5 turns and moves at (50%/75%/100%/125%) speed. Kyle can attack with bonus damage equal to (0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25) times his agility, but breaks the invisibility.

What? - [80/100/120/140] [1] - Kyle throws his shuriken at his target 10 tiles away, dealing (50/60/65/65) damage and reducing their speed by (25%/50%/75%/100%) for 1 turn and have a (15%) chance to miss their attacks.

Now I Remember - [100/120/140/160] [7] - Kyle charms enemies into walking towards him at (100%/75%/50%/25%) speed and takes (5%/10%/15%/20%) percent more damage from him for 2 turns.
                Enemies are immobilized and take (30%) more damage from Kyle.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:35:31 pm by kj1225 »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
battle system
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:29:11 pm »

Seems good. Oh yeah, add a 5th level thing to your Ultimate if you get an Aghanim's scepter (which upgrades your ultimate)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Also, I have no experience with DotA, but think this will be fun. Also, no sense of what the scale should actually be.

Side: Dire
Name: Flabort, The Cyan Menace
Appearance: A skeletal left hand, with some bones replaced with high-quality colorful gemstones, and more gemstones held on the rings worn on his finger-bones. It is wreathed in cyan fire. It sometimes skitters on the ground using it's fingers as legs, and sometimes flies through the air propelled by magic.
Backstory: Flabort is older than the Mad Moon, or so he claims, he also claims to be a traveler from another place and time. He's lying, though. His real origin is a spellcaster who fused his soul with that of a being from outside the universe, learned about life and death from the being, and as he gained more magical prowess from otherworldly knowledge, concentrated his soul and power into smaller and smaller portions of his body.
Strength - 8
Agility - 17
Intelligence - 45
Gemstone of Regeneration - Passive - Regenerate (1/3)/(2/3)/(1)/(4/3) pt of HP per pt of Intelligence, turning any extra HP regenerated over the max into MP.

Soul Steal - [80/100/120/140] [2/2/1/1] - Creates an area of effect (4/6/8/10) tiles wide at up to (10/14/18/22) tiles away. Any unit with (10%/15%/20%/25%) of their maximum health or less remaining instantly dies, causing Flabort to regenerate as much health as they had.

Skeleton Squad - [30/50/70/80] [2] - Summons (1/2/3/4) skeletal creeps that will remain close to Flabort. Up to (2/4/6/8) creeps can follow him. Skeleton creeps last for (5/5/6/6) turns, have 0 armor, 420 hp, and deal 25-30 damage, and are melee units.

Form of Fire - [150/175/200/225/250] [10] -  Flabort takes a temporary humanoid form, composed entirely out of cyan fire with red eyes and claws. His Strength is increased by (32/37/42/47/52), his intelligence drops by (30/27/24/21/18), and his main stat is changed to Strength for (4/5/6/7/8) turns and then he changes back.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:56:49 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are aware that you will only have around 100 hp, right?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

152, yeah.
Fitting for such a small character, I thought.
While in Ultimate Form, though, he becomes over 900. 1425 with scepter at top level.

Also, with his small amount of HP, his passive is more effective, I think.
The Cyan Menace

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

His barrier spell and lvl 5 ult are too strong.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Understood. Coming up with alternative to the barrier, nerfing the ult.
The Cyan Menace

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
a complex battle system
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 02:30:47 pm »

The barrier spell just lasts too long, and the lvl 5 ult gives too much.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a complex battle system
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 02:40:52 pm »

The barrier spell just lasts too long, and the lvl 5 ult gives too much.
I can keep nerfing the ult, if need be, and I was doubtful that cutting off the lane would pass anyways; I do agree that even if I had kept the barrier, it was too long, though. 3 rounds would be better than 12.
I've turned him into a summoner now, with short lived creeps.
The Cyan Menace

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
f
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 02:44:31 pm »

Oh yeah guys, by scaling I didn't mean add  new abilities as you level up. You get four abilities, whose effects increase with each level, you don't get anymore abilities after that.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
gg
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 02:59:01 pm »

Oh yeah, also add a mana cost and a cooldown for your abilities.
And I'll love you even more if you format your abilities like Flabort. I'll try and format your abilities like so:

Gemstone of Regeneration - Passive - Regenerate (1/3)/(2/3)/(1)/(4/3) pt of HP per pt of Intelligence, turning any extra HP regenerated over the max into MP.

If you want to make your own ability symbols, they must be 64x64 with a black border 1 pixel wide.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
battle system
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 03:37:43 pm »

And also Kj, you can buff your passive to 10%. You guys can also have ultimate passives, if that's your thing. I'll even let you trade your ultimate for permanent invisibility if you want. But fix your abilities to the guidelines I said before.
Also, ranges (including AoEs) are in tile units.
Also, can I have the stats for the skeleton creeps? Don't give them actual stats like agility, strength, or intelligence, but instead give them a set damage and hp - I suggest 550 HP and 30 damage.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, how big is a tile unit, for reference? Is it the same measurement as used in the wiki?
Also, skeletons have stats now.
And are the cooldowns and mana costs OK?
The Cyan Menace

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11