Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: marksdwarf loyalty cascade?  (Read 1250 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
marksdwarf loyalty cascade?
« on: October 04, 2014, 03:39:23 pm »

I sent a squad of marksdwarves to the top of a crude fortification pillbox.  Into the corner to be specific.  None of the invaders had 'elite' archers, so i figured it was safe.  I check back later, and several of my marksdwarves are wounded badly.  From combat logs, they were shooting each other at close range in the pillbox and also bashing each other with crossbows.  One dead, 2 hospitalized.  It seemed resolved after that.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: marksdwarf loyalty cascade?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 03:44:12 pm »

one maybe shot another by accident and it caused the conflict? or they don't really like eachother and started arguing?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 06:11:34 pm »

"There's only room for one dwarf in this pillbox."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 06:16:07 pm »

"There's only room for one dwarf in this pillbox."
Yup.  If they arent triggering a fortwide cascade as others go to kill them than its likely overcrowding and retaliation.  Tit for Tat makes the world more fair.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 06:43:59 pm »

Military dwarves seem to fight each other instead of enemies a decent amount when they're meant to be fighting enemies. Weird thing is, I haven't seen it cause a loyalty cascade yet, despite them wailing against each other's armour for pages and pages of logs.

No idea why it happens, other than being made to kill a thing and maybe hitting the wrong thing (another dwarf) and then continuing to do that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 06:59:05 pm »

well thats... hmm....   :o
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 09:39:16 am »

went ahead and created an issue on the bug tracker.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3358

I didn't keep my save from before so I'll need to try to reproduce this, if anyone else can give it a shot that would be cool.  My dwarves were definitely beating each other to death and shooting each other, I figured if it happened to me other people would be reporting it too.  So this is strange.
Thoughts on water

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 01:14:13 pm »

It's only a loyalty cascade if you end up with units being Members of the parent civilization and Enemies of the local government (or vice-versa) - what's happening here is probably yet another instance of dwarves observing a conflict and joining the wrong side (e.g. Marksdwarf A fires at a goblin, then Marksdwarf B sees this and somehow decides to join the combat on the goblin's side and responds by attacking Marksdwarf A).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 01:51:01 pm »

"how dare you shoot at that innocent, cute, fluffy goblin! Take that!"
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.