Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarven Laziness  (Read 2902 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Laziness
« on: October 04, 2014, 06:27:43 am »

I have this one dwarf who seems to forget that there's things to be done. Despite having a job queued for him, and the labors enabled, he seems to think that he has no job. This is a consistent thing with this guy.

The most troublesome one is the "tan a hide" job, although it happens also with things such as refuse hauling among others. The lazy shit will just sit around his room complaining that he's bored, whilst the raw hides are sitting there awaiting attention.

Is this normal behaviour, or is there something I can do to fix this?
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

hegchog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Laziness
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:41:34 am »

Lava... and lots of it

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 08:27:28 am »

Lava... and lots of it

I can't fault your logic
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

elpreda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 09:56:49 am »

Check his personality traits. See if it says "does not see the point in working" or something similar.
Of course, the treatment for this is still magma, but might I also propose cave exploration... provides a much more useful and often gruesome death.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:28:05 am »

I usually build a bridge and trick any annoying or dangerous dwarves under and drop it on them. An engraved slab later and problem solved.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 11:34:54 am »

I find that casting them in obsidian is the best solution.  That way I can build a piece of furniture out of them.  Finally, they have a use.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 12:58:20 pm »

if he wants to be lazy, let him. cage trap him and make him spend the rest of his life doing absolutely nothing.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 04:26:37 pm »

if he wants to be lazy, let him. cage trap him and make him spend the rest of his life doing absolutely nothing.

Might I add vampirism to that as well, so the rest of his life is a long, long time

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 05:27:42 pm »

Check what his favourite items are and appoint him a mayor? Or a baron if you don't have that yet. Lazy leader is good for diplomatic relations.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 03:54:22 am »

Check what his favourite items are and appoint him a mayor? Or a baron if you don't have that yet. Lazy leader is good for diplomatic relations.
If they are idling with "No job", they will probably be chatting it up with the idle population. And making friends.
Might become mayor, it's possible.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 04:44:06 am »

If they are idling with "No job", they will probably be chatting it up with the idle population. And making friends.
Might become mayor, it's possible.

Idle population? What idle population?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 05:00:24 am »

IDLE... What does the I stand for..?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 01:20:25 pm »

"idle" means I forgot to designate the next layer of channel digging...

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 02:00:24 pm »

I means I ran out of stone to dump.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 03:59:30 pm »

IDLE... What does the I stand for..?
I Don't Labor Everyone
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.
Pages: [1] 2