Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone ever had a forgotten beast's "deadly spittle" do much harm?  (Read 2760 times)

TheFreshPrince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or even get used or land at all?

If so, what happened exactly?

MrCompassionate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone ever had a forgotten beast's "deadly spittle" do much harm?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:50:27 pm »

So whenever they ever had that for me it always came out frozen so it basically just hits the target doing some damage. I mean it CAN kill people if they pelt something for long enough but on the whole most FB or Clowns would do better to just melle you instead of use their spittle. Has the frozen spittle thing been patched recently or no?
NOW THE DEMONS OF THE UNDERWORLD SHALL SHARE IN MY HELL! NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A RAVEN CORPSE! NOTHING!

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 01:20:45 am »

It's like a gigantic magma crab.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 05:54:13 am »

The frozen spittle is just a side effect of it being randomly generated. It happens sometimes, like dust beasts that kill themselves.

In my experience spittle tends to be liquid and cause bruising, swelling, nausea and so on.

I've only had one or two beasts that caused more dangerous stuff. Pretty sure one made bones rot instantly.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 01:11:51 pm »

Reasonably skilled soldiers will generally bat it out of the air or block it with their shields. The main risk I've found is that a cat or something will walk through a puddle of it on the ground and track the plague goo into your fort before dying the inevitable horrible death. As long as you have a healthy clothing industry, though, (and thus plenty of shoes and socks) it shouldn't matter if your dwarves walk through it.