Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oddly apathetic people  (Read 1055 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oddly apathetic people
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:03:28 am »

So, I started my fist adventures in 0.40

And as I was massacring bandits I noticed that some of them are sleeping. In the middle of the fight. Non-hostile to me. Easy throat-cutting target.

I also decided to massacre my previous fort, I spawned there and started killing citizens, again, with no reaction from militia. Is this what always happen?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Oddly apathetic people
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 12:26:42 pm »

Yes, unfortunately adventure mode in df2014 is very buggy in regards to npc reactions and overall factions, let's hope things will get fixed once Toady is finished with his new emotion system.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:38:06 pm »

Try to save and reload.  It tends to reset their dispositions.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 12:41:44 pm »

Not to mention the army sleeping forever problem, and sometimes the 'camp order missing parent-army will camp forever' error which comes up from time to time.

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 01:23:54 pm »

It's consistent with how they see the world in general. No reason and no way to fight the inevitable. Might as well sleep. ::)

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 04:20:52 pm »

"Osbu... Osbu what's that sound? What's going on?"

"It's the end, Oko. Do not fight it, return to your sleep."

"A soldier's death..."

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:43:28 pm »

The full, somewhat dramatized scene.

(A large number of goblin soldiers are sleeping in a tent. Enter you, the adventurer, sneaking in.)

You slash Swordsman in the lower body from behind with your +adamantine short sword+, tearing apart the muscle and spilling his guts!
You eat the two-humped camel meat[2].
You punch the Spearman in the upper body from behind and the injured part explodes in gore! The Spearman is propelled away by the force of the blow!

(Two of the remaining goblins stir momentarily due to the noise.)

Oko, Goblin Lasher (to Hammerman): "Osbu... Osbu what's that sound? What's going on?"

Osbu, Goblin Hammerman (to Lasher): "We are under attack! Death is all around us."
Osbu, Goblin Hammerman (to Lasher): "A few minutes ago, something sliced Stuzang in the lower body, spilling his guts!"
Osbu, Goblin Hammerman (to Lasher): "Just now, something propelled away Stozu with the force of its blow, and he exploded in gore!"

Oko, Goblin Lasher (to Hammerman): "It was inevitable." (Turns away and goes back to sleep)

Osbu, Goblin Hammerman (to Lasher): "It was inevitable." (Goes back to sleep)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:11:51 pm by Trollhammaren »