Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: The Natural History Museum Challenge (40.24) - Old thread  (Read 17103 times)

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: The (New and Improved!) Natural History Museum -Adv succession-
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2014, 04:10:43 pm »

If you can get the save ready by the 21st, I can take it have my way with it while I'm offline. I'll have my computer for the 21st to the 25th, just no access to interwebz.

For the sake of having enough time to do everything, I'd optionally want to make my due-date either during or after the weekend of the 29th.  It would technically make my turn an extra few days, but there's a holiday in there for me that will soak up 2 days worth of play-time.

Otherwise I'll be here on the 25th for Museumy goodness.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:12:32 pm by Tacomagic »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The (New and Improved!) Natural History Museum -Adv succession-
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:31 pm »

If you can get the save ready by the 21st, I can take it have my way with it while I'm offline. I'll have my computer for the 21st to the 25th, just no access to interwebz.

For the sake of having enough time to do everything, I'd optionally want to make my due-date either during or after the weekend of the 29th.  It would technically make my turn an extra few days, but there's a holiday in there for me that will soak up 2 days worth of play-time.

Otherwise I'll be here on the 25th for Museumy goodness.

Sounds good to me.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Natural History Museum (40.16)
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2014, 05:43:04 am »

Save is posted in the OP under "Latest Save".  Also, adventurers are now welcome to retire in The Guild of Adventuring, since it crashes the game every time I try to reclaim it in Fortress Mode.  Soon enough we'll have a whole bevy of interesting characters inhabiting the place!

Unless a Player indicates that they want me to keep on adding them to the turn list, I'll assume they're in for a once-off.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:29:27 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2014, 07:23:10 am »

since it crashes the game every time I try to reclaim it in Fortress Mode
Ouch. Any idea why or when it started doing that?
()==[:::::::::::::>

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2014, 12:54:01 pm »

Save is posted in the OP under "Latest Save".  Also, adventurers are now welcome to retire in The Guild of Adventuring, since it crashes the game every time I try to reclaim it in Fortress Mode.  Soon enough we'll have a whole bevy of interesting characters inhabiting the place!

Unless a Player indicates that they want me to keep on adding them to the turn list, I'll assume they're in for a once-off.

Are we essentially starting over from scratch (minus the minerals and artifacts already on display) with Eastguild, or are we counting everything that was already collected for the main museum?

EDIT:  My post was poorly phrased, rephrased.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:43:56 pm by Tacomagic »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2014, 02:51:50 am »

Are we essentially starting over from scratch (minus the minerals and artifacts already on display) with Eastguild, or are we counting everything that was already collected for the main museum?

We'll still be counting the stuff that's on display at the museum proper - think of EastGuild as the east wing of the Museum Proper.  It might be an interesting adventure toting all the submissions at the bottom of the chute in The Guild of Adventurers over to EastGuild, seeing as there are so many that still await being put on display.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2014, 09:41:52 am »

We'll still be counting the stuff that's on display at the museum proper - think of EastGuild as the east wing of the Museum Proper.  It might be an interesting adventure toting all the submissions at the bottom of the chute in The Guild of Adventurers over to EastGuild, seeing as there are so many that still await being put on display.

I'll make a point to swing by Guild of Adventurers and take stock of what's all there.  Probably create a spreadsheet so we can track what all is on display, since even after reading the whole thread, I have no idea what we already have aside from the stuff Planky specifically mentioned in his museum post.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2014, 11:41:55 am »

If I remember correctly there was only an artifact on display before I puy up more display cases.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Natural History Museum Challenge (40.16)
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2014, 04:42:15 pm »

Started my first run last night.

Is it me or is EVERYONE under attack!?

Spawn in a human village.  They're worried about the army marching on them.

Go north to a different village, they're worried about a different army matching on them.

Go east to the elves, they're worried about a different army marching on them.

Go south... find an army marching in a circle...

Also:  I created a simplistic google spreadsheet to keep track of what we have alread.  You can find it here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DGXgFdhlUSnGM56IZ7WYbCAGtl2cKTUt8Ftfutlltg0/edit?usp=sharing

So far I only have the stuff from Plancky's post.  I'll have to go back and find a save that actually loads the Adventurers' Guild so I can double check that there's nothing else.  Unfortunately google isn't the greatest about displaying long, narrow columns of information, but it is what it is.

If you want edit access, send me your email in a PM and I'll add you to the document's editor list.  I'll be losing internet shortly, so likely you won't be added until late in the day on the 25th.  My apologies for that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:59:40 pm by Tacomagic »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2014, 06:02:56 pm »

I'll shortly be updating the modded game file up to 40.18 - Tacomagic, take your turn using the 40.16 version and we'll update the save file after that. 

Long live the cause!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2014, 12:44:54 pm »

Bad news guys.  Over the extended weekend I found that I cannot actually get into either the Adventurer's Guild or Eastguild.  Whenever I get close enough for either of them to load into memory, it kicks up a nemisis error and crashes.  Tried various approaches and distances, but it always crashes when I get close enough to either.

Going to try a few other things over the new few days, but it's starting to look like the 40.16 version is completely unusable for the museum.

Sorry, this basically makes my whole turn a wash since I can't deposit anything I collected.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2014, 01:04:03 pm »

Could you put up the save anyway? Maybe something can be done.

I'm also going to suggest (Windows using) people use Large Address Aware on the Dwarf Fortress .exe and you may want to set
[COMPRESSED_SAVES:NO]
in the 'init.txt' file.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2014, 01:13:40 pm »

Could you put up the save anyway? Maybe something can be done.

I'm also going to suggest (Windows using) people use Large Address Aware on the Dwarf Fortress .exe and you may want to set
[COMPRESSED_SAVES:NO]
in the 'init.txt' file.

Right now I'm on a connection that is essentially a Dial-up, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to put the save up.  I'll try turning off compressed saves and see if that works.  Not sure if the .exe that's in the pack that Bob put up is LAA or not, but I'll check the flag.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2014, 01:21:43 pm »

Well... That doesn't sound good... At all...
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2014, 01:42:31 pm »

That Nemesis error is awfully persistent!  I'll load up the version I was playing before and see if that happens for me, too.  If so, I may have to start an entirely new world from v. 40.18 and see if that doesn't take care of things instead.  (For one, the elves will have a more difficult time taking over our entire dwarven civ in under three years...)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12