Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What luck....  (Read 396 times)

Lokum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What luck....
« on: July 16, 2007, 12:20:00 am »

So today my weaponsmith had a fey mood and luckley he was able to get everything he wanted and he began working. Just as he was almost finished, a fire imp starts attacking his workplace seriously injuring him with a bunch of fireballs. My legendary mechanic comes to his rescue. But now weaponsmith is crawling around babbling. I used teleport.exe and just put him into the lava to save him the trouble ):

What are you crappy luck days?

I decided to revert to a save file...only to find it was a game year old...

[ July 16, 2007: Message edited by: Lokum ]

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What luck....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:59:00 am »

I really think theres a little bit of Armok in all aspects of the game, every creature every weather change every random occurence, and i also believe Armok has a dark sense of humor.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 05:18:00 am »

In my current fort a skeletal rhesus macacque made off with a masterpiece steel gauntlet, which set my legendary armorsmith tantruming. While tantruming, the armorsmith decides to walk to the nearest dwarf she can find in the booze room and punch them so hard their head explodes. This dwarf just happened to be my weaponsmith who I was in the process of leveling up and was nearing legendary. This was billed as murder, and my armorsmith was sentenced to death by hammering.

That's right, my entire weapon and armor supply for the fort was destroyed by a rhesus macacque stealing a masterpiece gauntlet.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »

Atleast it isn't as ironic as a berzerk clothesmaker because a loincloth caught fire...
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Lokum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »

A koblod jacked a 100k moonstone amulet of mine, but luckly the person who made it dropped it when he was mauled by an elephant so its like he didnt even care for it : D

LordoEverything

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 01:56:00 pm »

The dwarves decide to put a rock over the door to my farm room, and refuse to move it.  I try and build a smaller farm room, but too late, I starve the next winter.

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 02:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by LordoEverything:
<STRONG>The dwarves decide to put a rock over the door to my farm room, and refuse to move it.  I try and build a smaller farm room, but too late, I starve the next winter.</STRONG>

Deconstruct the door and then build another one in its place.
I usually just build the farms so they won't move the rocks on the door in the first place.
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 02:57:00 pm »

Apparently War Dogs make better wolf food than trappers...
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 07:04:00 pm »

Oh, and about that farm room door thing, channels stop any artificial flood dead in it's tracks as it were.  I tested this just now with my own farm rooms.  That vein of dark stone is finally going to get mined
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 11:53:00 pm »

quote:
The dwarves decide to put a rock over the door to my farm room, and refuse to move it. I try and build a smaller farm room, but too late, I starve the next winter.

And if you have double doors, you can unbuild the doors, install one (or two) statues at their places to make sure that the Dwarves don't just move the rock to the other door, then replace the doors when the rocks are cleared.
I am on a hot streak... literally.