Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how to catch/obtain a werebeast  (Read 7151 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: how to catch/obtain a werebeast
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 08:53:32 pm »

You could remove the goblins' weapons and parts of their armor while they're in cages. That'll improve the odds somewhat.
Except the helmet to prevent a brain related death.
That's why I said "parts". Just remove footwear, legwear, and armwear.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Janbure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 05:13:21 am »

The sad part is my fort-born dwarf-hyena wants to raise a family and the recently arrived dwarf-hyena is also a female.. Even if it were male I seriously doubt anything would happen there anyway :>

I've already made this experiment, tried to start a parallel isolated fort of werebeasts, worked fine for a while, the only problem was that they keep destroy buildings in werebeast form.
Eventually a baby was born, the next time they transformed the two beasts I had captured started ripping the child apart and fight over the gruesome remains of his body.
One of the werebeast died the other went mad and I send the military to end is miserable life soon after.

Zaroua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 10:37:53 pm »

The only semi-reliable way to catch a werebeast that I've found is to encircle the entire map is a double or triple layer of cage traps and have a metric ton of mechanics replace the cages as the wildlife all gets captured. Eventually all the wildlife is captured and only invaders remain. The werebeasts will be trap avoid on the way in, but not on the way out, where you end up capturing them.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 11:03:05 pm »

Ugh, yeah, a four or five tile "off limits" border near the edge of the map :( I removed all the slopes from my surface area to try and force the enemies down very specific paths but.. you can't remove those ramps right at the map border, so.. it ruined everything.. :( Guess all I can do now is try to channel those sections off as best as possible..

Bridges can be built on the map edge and raised.

I think you can also build a floor on a support and pull the support to drop the floor and smash the ramps.
Pages: 1 [2]