Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19240 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2015, 08:31:46 am »

Katoya only nods in affirmation, not the sort to brag about her accomplishments.

"Just doing our jobs...we couldn't have done it without the men on the walls." She says, thinking most of them won't get many thanks.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2015, 11:56:06 pm »

"Humble, I like that. In any case, it was good to have y-" Davora is interrupted by Arweth loudly clearing her throat.
"Captain, if I may..." The captain yields to her, and she continues, "The Archmage's death was... unexpected to say the least. We owe our lives to his sacrifice. Without the surge of arcana from his death, we would never have had enough power to pull off the teleportation spell. However, this leaves a void in the natural balance. The Archmage and the High Druid are opposites that keep each other in check, like light and shadow, order and chaos. If one disappears, the other starts to take over. In all likelyhood, the High Druid has already felt the Archmage's demise, and is using this advantage to claim more territory for herself."
Davora continues, "This is where you come in. We need you to journey to the Wild Wood and convince the High Druid that her expansion does the world no good, and to hold until a new Archmage comes to power. It will be no easy task, but it will be an important one. I will not force you to undertake it if you do not choose to."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 01:16:57 pm by AlleeCat »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2015, 12:23:37 am »

Kyle looks around nervously before raising his hand.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2015, 12:58:07 am »

Maruko bows to Davora slowly, after he finishes speaking.

"I am honored by your request, and will do my utmost to fulfill it. This I swear, upon my family's honor, should it be possible to be regained."

After raising once more, he pulls out the Captain's shield and presents it to him.

"I believe this to be yours, Captain..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2015, 03:07:32 am »

"This High Druid needs helping, then? Can do!" Ethnon says enthusiastically. "And Archmage is... dead? Cannot help with that! Maybe later!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2015, 08:24:32 am »

"It sounds an urgent task...the High Druid has always believed her cause to be righteous...she will not be easy to convince..." Katoya said quietly.

She was glad to see the Captain alive and in good spirits. It had been her hands that had staunched his wounds, after all-the others hadn't done much but stand around. The again, they weren't soldiers, really...she had washed the dried blood off this morning...her dreams colored in red nightmares...at least something good came out of it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 22, 2015, 01:24:13 pm »

Maruko
The Captain smiles sadly, "Thank you, I appreciate the sentiment. Put it with the rest of my armor."

Everyone
"Good, I'm glad that most of you are eager. Arweth will be going with you, although not into the Wood itself. She will part ways with you at a small town nearby, to help protect the citizens there in case things get out of hand."
The mage bows to you, "We leave as soon as you're able."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2015, 01:25:23 pm »

Kyle hand falls. On can quite plainly see that he's nervous.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 22, 2015, 01:33:04 pm »

Maruko bows in return slightly before placing the shield atop the Captain's armor. He is the first to respond to the mage.

"Then we will leave before the sun rises to noon."

Whether his claim was true or not, would be put to the test....

"Is there any aid that can be offered by the mages here, or the smithies? I am loath to ask it, but a lowly servant such as myself would request any assistance that can be had, if only to be certain that this endeavor does not fail."

Having a clear goal in mind seems to have ignited a fire within Maruko, particularly after having seen the Captain's injuries and the sacrifice of the Archmage. This, this was something he could do. This was something he knew. This was not wandering aimlessly hoping for chance to strike him down. This was a purpose.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2015, 01:37:42 pm »

Maruko bows in return slightly before placing the shield atop the Captain's armor. He is the first to respond to the mage.

"Then we will leave before the sun rises to noon."

Whether his claim was true or not, would be put to the test....

"Is there any aid that can be offered by the mages here, or the smithies? I am loath to ask it, but a lowly servant such as myself would request any assistance that can be had, if only to be certain that this endeavor does not fail."

"Agreed-I have no reason to linger here." Katoya says, shaking her head.

She turns to glance at Captain Davora once more, then strode off. It was unfortunate he didn't remember, but probably for the best.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 22, 2015, 01:38:41 pm »

"B-best to go as soon as possible."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 22, 2015, 01:41:44 pm »

"Wait! Ethnon has placed an order with the local smiths! Let Ethnon attend to that, and Ethnon will be back momentarily to continue helping at a steady rate."

Is the staff ready yet? Get it! Must have wonderful staff of Ezamfoth's name.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2015, 01:50:00 pm »

Alicia hurried after the ex-legionarry woman, catching up too her outside. She'd seemed kind enough in the few words they'd spoken. When she caught up, she nervously held out a hand in greeting. The samurai was imposing, the mage(?) strange, and the fighter seemed relatively untalkative.
"H-hold up, please. I-I don't think we really introduced ourselves. I-if we're going on a quest together, m-maybe we can become friends."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2015, 01:53:34 pm »

Kyle sighs as everyone walks off. He goes to wait at the gates.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2015, 02:16:46 pm »

"H-hold up, please. I-I don't think we really introduced ourselves. I-if we're going on a quest together, m-maybe we can become friends."

Katoya shook her head at the offer of a handshake, with a sad and tired look. She had forgotten to put on her gloves and it would only be worse if she put them on in front of Alicia.

"...I'm not being impolite. I just can't...it's a long story. Touch...you could say it hurts me. I'd prefer to wear my gloves. Which is odd, yes?" Kat said, shaking off her fugue. Alicia was more frightened than her, maybe. She had to be strong. Anyone who had seen her sing so happily the night before would be surprised at the depths of her depression this morning, but this was her own self-always verging between two extremes.

"Anyway, I think we could be friends. Why not? Life is short enough...you did fight very bravely last night." She mused, thinking of all the soldiers who had died in the battle. How many regretted not speaking one last time to a friend? A lover? One shouldn't waste the time they were...

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22