Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19266 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2014, 04:54:09 pm »

"Do we have anything to collapse the gate? Or a spare mage who can? It would make it harder for them to get through if it's at least somewhat collapsed."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2014, 04:59:15 pm »

"None are truly necessary. Let us go."

The dwarf bows swiftly, tries to capture the image and layout of the strategy table in his mind's eye for future use, and sets out at a fast jog.

He did say they needed to conserve their strength after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »

Duncan's mouthpiece bends upwards in a smile and he throws a casual salute towards the Captain. He takes off towards the gate with a hard jog, edging on a run.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2014, 08:39:08 pm »

Kyle
"We reinforced it as much as possible, but there's not much more we could do without damming the channel entirely. In any case time is of the essence, we must go."
Davora grabs his helmet from a nearby stool and puts it on, striding out the door.

Ethnon
You rush to the Archmage's tower again, thankful for the magic halving your travel time.
[ROLL: INT + Thing From the Far Beyond (28)] ((CRIT))
By a stroke of luck, you manage to attune the wards perfectly to each other. Ghostly tendrils snake out of the ward, flying upwards to wrap around the invisible leylines in the air, as a faint blue bubble begins to expand to eventually cover the entire city. As you walk back from the tower you see the gold armored captain from when you awoke. He's shouting for you to come with him and is followed by several soldiers and that pretty elf girl. Time to be even more helpful?

Everyone
As you approach the sluice gate, the roars and shrieks of the demon horde become louder. The gate itself shakes every so often with the impact of something heavy, possibly a battering ram. Davora strides in front of the formation of soldiers in front of the gate, and begins to speak to them.
"I have fought many a night beside you all! I have watched many good men die, and there is a good chance I will see many more, but if you die this day, remember that you did not die in vain! There is no nobler cause than the defense of the innocent, and one's home! If you die in service of this cause, the gods will surely welcome you with open arms!"
He pauses, as the gate crashes and creaks behind him.
"I needn't remind you all that you are servants of the Empire! You are the brave men and women of the Imperial Regiment, and you have a reputation to uphold! When this gate spliters apart, and rains shrapnel down upon you, you will hold! When the army of demons descends upon you with fiery fury, you will hold! And until your last breath, when your enemy takes your life, and the spirit of death comes to collect your soul from your ragged corpse, you will hold! Because the Imperial Regiment does not yield! We fight until our last! And I'll be damned if I'm going to let a bunch of sadists and rotting corpses be the first to make us fold!"
As he finishes his speech, the soldiers in front of him roar triumphantly, weapons raised. The gate crashes again, bending and cracking under the blow. Davora raises his shining steel sword and silver shield, bellowing at the top of his lungs.
"IMPERIALS! ARE YOU READY TO STARE DEATH IN THE FACE?"
The soldiers reply in unison, "SIR, YES, SIR!"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:16:29 pm by AlleeCat »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2014, 08:47:07 pm »

Kyle prepares to charge in. He had an arm chopped off and some demons think that they can kill him any better now?!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2014, 08:51:46 pm »

Maruko takes out his bow, and sets half a dozen arrows into the ground in front of him, ready to fire, holding another one in his hand, ready to draw and loose at the first demon through.

Breathing out slowly, his field of vision narrows as he enters the trance-like state of focus and precision that accompanied battle. One must notice all things, and yet pay attention to none of them.

And....they were through, and there was no more time for thought. Only action.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2014, 09:41:12 pm »

Alicia found herself next to the dwarven samurai. Unlike him, she was faster drawing arrows from her quiver.  The bow was the only thing she had skill at. And she was skilled.

Her breath ran harsh through her throat, her eyes wide with panic. But she stood, bow at the ready.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2014, 11:14:01 pm »

Duncan stands behind the rows of soldiers, ready to charge with them. As he stares down the gate, a blade slides out of his left arm, along the path of his hand. In the other hand, he begins to flex his casting fingers.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2014, 05:07:31 am »

"Ethnon is prepared to be fully helpful now! In case anyone was wondering, yes."

Don't stand in the front line, in case that's not an obvious thing to do. As the demonic hordes draw closer to approaching, place ominous-looking sigils on the ground (underwater if applicable, or on the surface of the water if possible) in front of the gate together with alarm triggers that create a sound not unlike nails being dragged on chalkboard.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:33:47 am by Harry Baldman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2014, 08:11:10 am »

Duncan stands behind the rows of soldiers, ready to charge with them. As he stares down the gate, a blade slides out of his left arm, along the path of his hand. In the other hand, he begins to flex his casting fingers.
Kyle nudges Duncan with his metal arm.
"Hey, nice blade!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2014, 12:46:32 pm »

"Thanks! You too." Duncan goes to sort of bash swords in a high-sword fashion.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2014, 01:24:54 pm »

Well, sword and axe but still.
"I do work hard to maintain it."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2014, 01:36:20 pm »

"I can tell."With the demons about to break the gate at any moment, Duncan is distant in his camaraderie.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2014, 02:14:20 pm »

"I think I should sing the song about the unbeatable warriors who could never die!" Katoya says cheerfully.

She points a slender finger to Kyle.

"This is dedicated to you!"

"Here comes IRRRRRON HAAAAND!

Now the time is here, for Iron Hand to spread fear!
Vengeance from the steel, cuts the Demons into meal!

Nobody fights him-They just run away!
Nobody stops him, now he has his revenge!

Heavy hand of lead, fills the Demons full of Dread!
Running as fast as they can, Iron Hand will win aggaaaaaain!"

*sitar solo*

Action: As soon as we are all engaged, start my song of heroes and keep it up as long as possible, ending verse on Kyle.

Afterwards, as soon as the enemy appears, target the ones who close with our party with battle chant and my crossbow, in that order.

If triggering "Stay Strong" cast it on whoever is being attacked, use "Pull it together" if someone is in need of healing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2014, 02:19:18 pm »

Kyle smiles as Katoya sings her song.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22