Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19247 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 09:28:47 pm »

Kyle shrugs and walks over.
"Anything in particular you want me to do sir?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 11:01:42 pm »

He reaches out a golden gauntleted hand to each of you, should you choose to shake.
Duncan goes for a forearm shake with the captain. "It'll be a pleasure to fight alongside you, Captain. Do you have any siege equipment? I'd like to see what I can do to help there, and then go talk to some wizards."
He then turns to shake the hands of the rest. "I'm Duncan. It's a pleasure."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 01:45:44 am »

He reaches out a golden gauntleted hand to each of you, should you choose to shake.
Duncan goes for a forearm shake with the captain. "It'll be a pleasure to fight alongside you, Captain. Do you have any siege equipment? I'd like to see what I can do to help there, and then go talk to some wizards."
Davora looks you over for a moment, suddenly realizing you're not just a guy in full armor, "Ah, a Forgeborn! I didn't know the Dwarf King was sending anyone out. Well, the ballistae on the walls could use some maintenance. We don't have much else in the way of siege equipment, though, seeing as how we aren't the ones laying siege. If you know anything about magical weapons, though, talk to Master Ferrin at the Enchanter's Guild. She could use all the help she can get."

"Anything in particular you want me to do sir?"
"Just show these boys a good fight! And, er... You might want to cover that blade, so nobody gets hurt, 'course."
You step into a small ring of stones, cover your axe blade, and begin sparring with one of the more advanced recruits.
[[Roll: CON + Footsoldier Background (19+5)]]
The boy, despite being advanced, is still no match for your experience. While he puts up a good opening defense, his offense leaves him open for a quick sweep of the leg, sending him to the dirt, where you kick his weapon away.
"Magnificent!" The drill sergeant cries out, "Now, listen up, recruits! His weapon may be a little unorthodox, but you could definitely learn a thing or two from his form. I hope you were paying attention, because you're going to be doing drills for another three hours!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 02:02:09 am »

Kyle helps the other soldier up.
"So here's a tip, your offense leaves you open. Try to not do that."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 09:09:24 am »

"I am Genyori Maruko. My thanks for the honor of your acquaintance."

"And mine, master Dwarf." Her first thought was he had some court training to him. His weapons were peculiar... "You have a strange air to you, ser. You speak softly, yet carry a strong harmony. What lands do you hail from?"

He then turns to shake the hands of the rest. "I'm Duncan. It's a pleasure."

Feeling the strange iron grip was certainly a shock, though she tried not to show it. "Likewise." she said politely, instead.

Katoya afterwards took her leave, looking for an audience...she had a certain song in mind.

Some talk of Alexanda, and some of Herculi..
Of Hecto and Lysandy, and such great names as these..
But of all the world’s great heroes...
There’s none that can compare!
With a tow, row row row, row row row!
To the Imperial Legionnaires!

None of these ancient heroes ne’er saw a fireball!
Nor knew the force of Archmage to slay their foes with all!
But our brave boys do know it and banish all their fears!
Sing tow, row row row, row row row!
For the Imperial Legionnaires!

And when the siege is over, we to the town repair
The townsmen cry ‘Hurrah, boys, here comes a Legionnaire’
Here come the Legionnaires, my boys, who know no doubts or fears
Sing tow, row row row, row row row!
For the Imperial  Legionnaires!

Action: Look for an appreciative audience for my Imperial Ballad!

((A creative homage to the British Grenadiers :P))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 09:53:06 am »

"I s-see..." Quietly, Alicia wondered if she had made a horrible mistake. No, she was needed here. People were in trouble. She had to do the best she could. Obviously intimidated, she decided to try to find a library or something where she could study the demons and how to kill them. At least she had a bow, so she wouldn't have to get in close.

But first, she went to the place of lodgings the guard had mentioned, to have a look around.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 10:41:10 am »

"I s-see..." Quietly, Alicia wondered if she had made a horrible mistake...

Katoya paused to put a gloved hand on the womans shoulder, she seemed in distress.

"You know, none of us are free of fear...we're all wondering the same thing. You're not alone.

For me, I like to think we're alot safer here in Horizon than outside. The storm is coming, no matter where we are. Better to be behind strong walls when it hits."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 11:14:32 am »

Duncan chuckles at the captain's mistake. "I've a story to tell you, but let's make it through the night first. I'll take a look at those ballistas."
He heads off up the walls, and examines the ballistas. When alone, he addresses the automaton on his back. "So, Spider, what can you do today?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 01:27:25 pm »

Katoya paused to put a gloved hand on the womans shoulder, she seemed in distress.

"You know, none of us are free of fear...we're all wondering the same thing. You're not alone.

For me, I like to think we're alot safer here in Horizon than outside. The storm is coming, no matter where we are. Better to be behind strong walls when it hits."

"I suppose you're right." She opened her mouth to say more, but hesitated and shut it again. "Well, t-thank you, Kat. I guess I'll see you later tonight on the walls."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 08:40:00 pm »

"Now? No lands, good lady. I am long gone from the lands I once called home."

He smiles sadly at the elf, shrugging.

"And I fear I will not be returning for a very long time..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 08:54:13 pm »

"You have a strange air to you, ser. You speak softly, yet carry a strong harmony. What lands do you hail from?"
Bardic knowledge will tell you that this man looks like one of the Dwarven Samurai; The Dwarf King's elite guard. His presence here either means that the Dwarf King has sent someone to come handle the situation, or that he's gone rogue and never committed the ritual suicide they perform when when they fall out of favor. His response would indicate the latter.

Action: Look for an appreciative audience for my Imperial Ballad!
You figure the makeshift barracks would be the best place to start. Most of the furniture is stacked behind the bar, with the added space being used for bedrolls, some of which are occupied by wounded soldiers. Upon taking the stage, instrument in hand, the soldiers look to you expectantly, and some clap or whistle at you.
[[Roll: CHA + Musician (17)]]
You play a rousing ballad, and while it's not your best work, it still seems to put the soldiers in a good mood. Morale is much higher than it was when you entered.

But first, she went to the place of lodgings the guard had mentioned, to have a look around.
You enter the inn to find Katoya playing a nice song for all the soldiers. People are clapping and cheering, and even some of the wounded seem to forget their misfortune.
There are many bedrolls on the floor, and you guess that the rooms upstairs have also been modified to accommodate more. They seem to be hurting for space to sleep.

He heads off up the walls, and examines the ballistas. When alone, he addresses the automaton on his back. "So, Spider, what can you do today?
Spider rises off your back, making the usual clicks and clacks that you've come to understand as its speech. It jumps off your back and scuttles onto one of the ballistae, assessing it for damages.
[[ROLL: INT + Tinkerer (23)]]
Spider points out several improvements that could be made, and you handle the rest, taking spare bits and bobs from around the area and reinforcing several of the ballistae. As you finish, Captain Davora comes in, marveling at your work.
"Great work! Ever since we lost our siege captain a few nights ago, the ballistae just haven't been working like they used to. Trust a Forgeborn to get them up and running again, eh?" He laughs and slaps you on the back.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2014, 11:19:52 pm »

"Thank you, Captain, and yes, the mechanical skills of Forgeborns are unbleivable. I'm not at that level yet; I'm just good."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2014, 11:26:46 pm »

Kyle walks over to the drill Sergeant.
"One thing I think the recruits could benefit from, if I may suggest it?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2014, 12:35:18 am »

((After meeting with Katoya ends, since we're doing wishy washy timey wimey stuff here))

Maruko bows politely and leaves and making his farewells, headed for the armory and fletchers. He needed new arrows, and was interested in seeing the quality of the blades here. His current one would serve well, as it always had, but knowledge of what his current allies had to work with would be beneficial.

Perhaps he would be able to assist the captains in strategy for the upcoming battle, if they permitted it, afterwards. Or...perhaps not. He was only a dishonored ronin, unable even to die with grace. He would be of little use, he was sure.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2014, 10:56:59 am »

Alicia clapped happily, having listened to the ballad. She liked music, and kind of wished she could play an instrument, though performing in front of people? Gods, she'd never be able to do it. She joined a few others in calling for another.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22